Home

The Matrix, archetecht in the first one?

The Cheat

OK i saw reloaded and then i was watching the first one and i realized when it first showed the agents interrigating neo (the part where they "bug" him) it shows several televisions and then goes through them to show the room. does anybody else think this is the archetecht watching neo in the first one?

First of all, let me just say that the cheat is freaking awesome.

Secondly, that is a good point. I've never thought of that. Seeing how this is the 6th time this has happened, I'm pretty sure the old coot wanted to know what was happening this time around.

What i don't get is that the archetecht has created 6 matrix'(s?)

then shouldn't he be inhumanly old, i mean, if we have 80 year old in the matrix in neo's ordinary life, then shoudln't that mean the architecht should be over 80 with them having parents who know stuff, they just create preset minds for people? :p...

having 6 Matrix's would mean he has lived through that part of time for a long, long time... so if he's only human and created the first matrix, how come he isn't about 480 yrs old :p

Unless the matrix allows people to defy age which it has never went over yet :p or like i said, everything people have memory of was just set by the matrix :/

Originally posted by RoguePhotonic

:confused: What are you talking about....the archetecht is not human...

I thought he was. I thought that he was the only human that made the Matrix for other to live in a world in Harmony. When he first created the Matrix, 99% percent of the human population excepted it, and the other percent was Zion.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

Then how could he create 'The Perfect world'

:p

Remember when Smith tells Morpheus that "They" tried to create a perfect world but the humans wouldn't accept the programming? The arcitecht is not a human at all. I'm guessing he is a machine who created the program and coding to harvest humans, but no he is not a human himself.

Yeah indeed, the architect doesn't really 'know' humans at all. He created a very complex system called 'The Matrix' (whoah ;)) but it didn't work, he needed the oracle to complete it and have the humans accept it...

Woohoo another Matrix thread :D

You could have jsut said you think he is a machine :D, but.. if they tried to make the matrix perfect and then (of course presuming this) the machines took over, how would they get their hands on the matrix if humans made it (unless by force which is possible, but why the matrix?)

That would make the architecht a machine who has plugged himself into the matrix after rewriting the code and making it harvest humans?

EDIT: Didn't see Hertog's post, yeah went into deep though while writing :p

You could have jsut said you think he is a machine :D, but.. if they tried to make the matrix perfect and then (of course presuming this) the machines took over, how would they get their hands on the matrix if humans made it (unless by force which is possible, but why the matrix?)

That would make the architecht a machine who has plugged himself into the matrix after rewriting the code and making it harvest humans?

EDIT: Didn't see Hertog's post, yeah went into deep though while writing :p

The reason I said I think he is a machine is I'm not sure if hes part program. But what happened was the humans andd machines had a war and the humans thought they had won by scorchhing the sky bnut the machines found they could survive on humans so the machines programmed the Matrix, not humans!

(Why would they inslave themselves?:confused::p)

So when it was designed they caught all the humans, fitted them with plugs and plugged em' in for a nice meal.

EDIT:

It would make sense for the archetect to either be a machine that can plug into the Matrix and unplug itself too because Smith's goal was to get into Zions computer and leave the matrix so they may be machines aswell, you never know.

Or he could have been a machine who gave its memory to a program.

I don't think the Oracle is 'the mother of the Matrix'. If you recall, the conversation goes thus:

Architect: If I am the father of the Matrix, then she is undoubtedly it's mother

Neo: The Oracle

Architect: Please...

Note, he doesn't mention The Oracle, and is very condescending when he says "please", as if Neo doen't even know all the facts.

I think the 'Mother' of the Matrix (ie. the one who discovered the method for making humans accept the program) may be Persephone, but may be an as-yet unknown character.

Think of the Oracle as a database in the program. She knows the exact parameters of the starting of the program, and taking into account the Mervingian's cause-and-effect theory, can accurately 'predict' the future, by knowing in advance the equations, and their outcome.

This theory is strengthened by the presence of Seraph, who can be though of as a firewall, protecting 'that which must be protected'.

Just my 2p's worth.

If you don't already, you really should browse around the MFN forums. It's fascinating, all sorts of theories bouncing about.

Oh, and to answer the question, I think the screens were a reference to the first film, designed to give you that impression, but I doubt that the W. brothers had the whole 'Architect' thing taped during the production of M1. I may be wrong of course, feel free to correct me if you know different.

EDIT: I think Architect is definitedly a machine, the Author of all the Matrices so far. The only reason the Architect appears the way he does, is so that Neo will accept him and his answers more readily.

There's also a theory that Smith may be a previous 'chosen one', but that's another paragraph :p

:DB.

Originally posted by Cryptic

Why would they inslave themselves?:confused::p

So when it was designed they caught all the humans, fitted them with plugs and plugged em' in for a nice meal.

Yes but why would the machines make a perfect world for the humans? :confused::p

and if it's designed to trap humans then... how could he scrap it in anger if he got em all caught?

Maybe the machines and the humans are BOTH slaves in the matrix,like two different sets of matrixs, and the architect controls both worlds..

It would explain how Neo stopped the machines at the end of reloaded by sticking out his hand, and it would explain why Smith says "we are not here because we are free, we are here because we are not free." It would also explain why there are 2 doors in the Architect's office room thing. One leads to the robot mainframe, AKA the robot's matrix, and the other to save Trinity, the matrix we are already familiar with.

Yes but why would the machines make a perfect world for the humans? :confused::p

So they wouldn't know the truth and would not have the motivation to seek it. They go about living day to day ordinarily not thinking twice that there is something wrong with the world, they think everything is normal and they can live happily and not rebel. The plan was only foiled when Morpheus was found out but still that only attracted a few.

the archetecht is a program, just like the oracle and all the others. like all the programs he had his own job. his job was to build the matrix. but the matrix he built wasn't accepted by humans so they needed someone who could understand more about humans and thier emotions to help him build one that humans could accept.

who is the 'mother'? well it could be the oracle, but my money's on Persephone. this would explain all the kissing business.

why can Neo 'feel' and destory the machines?

theory 1. zion is a matrix within a matrix (meh, dunno, maybe)

theory 2. neo is also a program (doubtful, seeing as the archetecht called him human)

theory 3. smith said that when neo 'entered' him in the first one that a part of neo was copied onto him. well vice versa, maybe a part of smith copied onto neo. (maybe possible)

but the good thing is we only have to wait 5 months to find out

Originally posted by Sivy B

theory 1. zion is a matrix within a matrix (meh, dunno, maybe)

theory 2. neo is also a program (doubtful, seeing as the archetecht called him human)

theory 3. smith said that when neo 'entered' him in the first one that a part of neo was copied onto him. well vice versa, maybe a part of smith copied onto neo. (maybe possible)

I liked my theory too... :(

theory 1 :p

But how can the architecht be a program if he created the matrix (i believe so), therefore i believe it is theory one with the architecht being a machine in the real, real, real, real, real world, just that he can plug himself into each. Also, they've destroyed zion 6 times and are getting 'quite efficient at it' which backs up theory 1.

I jsut wanna get things straight though, how do we know what happened in this matrix is the same as all the others (on the lines of 6 matrixes)

But how can the architecht be a program if he created the matrix

well its like writing any software. you have to write someone before you can run it.

so they probably had programs written before the matrix was loaded up.

Archived