Home

can't start game.....please help me

jedi_master_2

Ok when I go to open the game this is what it says.....

Initializing OpenGL driver

...getting DC: succeeded

...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )

...35 PFDs found

...GLW_ChoosePFD failed

...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )

...35 PFDs found

...GLW_ChoosePFD failed

...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT

...restoring display settings

...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)

...shutting down QGL

...unloading OpenGL DLL

----- CL_Shutdown -----

RE_Shutdown( 1 )

-----------------------

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

.........and up at the top "

GLW_startopenGL() - could not load openGL subsystem " flashes in red.

I know very little about computers so please help me out.

ok, i figgured that problem out.......i needed a updated driver for my video card........

I have a new problem though.......i can load the game to the menu but when I go to start new game it says that there is no game cd.........why would this happen......I have the cd in my cd drive.

Originally posted by jedi_master_2

no......and I don't thnik there is any problems with my cd drive cause I installed the game with it.:(

thanks for your help:)

The game has special protection if you are using a pirated copy of the game. If you bought the game and you're still getting a no cd error, I'd advise you to try a no-cd crack. PM me for the website.

Originally posted by jedi_master_2

ok, i figgured that problem out.......i needed a updated driver for my video card........

I have a new problem though.......i can load the game to the menu but when I go to start new game it says that there is no game cd.........why would this happen......I have the cd in my cd drive.

i had the same error message...so you answered my question...but how do I update my "driver"?

• 2 weeks later...

The motherboard is hardware, not software. It is the main big printed circuit board inside your computer. But if you are a gamer, I assume your computer has a separate video card and isn't using the (God forbid) integrated video built in to some motherboards. If so, go the videocard maker's website for the latest drivers. Most videocards use chips from nvidia or ATI. If your card has chips from one of those manufacturers, go to the appropriate website (i.e. http://www.nvidia.com or http://www.ati.com) and they will have the latest driver.

Now please don't say "How do I find out what videocard I have?". Right click the desktop, Properties, Settings, Advanced, Adapter, it will tell you there.

Archived