Home

Thanks, Marek / myself updated

Marek, my sympathies for yet another ugly mishap with AG. Can't believe how far these parasitic lowlifes will go just for free bandwith (morons; I read about Mixnmojo's travails). But thank you for setting up a temporary home, and thanks to LucasArts for hosting us.

Hi, everyone. I haven't really been doing anything new and exciting since the forum crashed:

*Celebrated Father's Day with my Dad and family last weekend (it was...well, the usual).

*Got to sleep over at my sister's and bond and play with her beautiful two cats (there's a third one, but she's f@#ked up, won't let me touch her).

*I also got play some more ICO on my niece's PS2, and subsequently borrowed the console from her so I can finish it.

*The Director Of Retail got layed off at my job; as much as I respect her and am sad, I am secretly happy because she's such a g@ddamned old dinosaur who can't run things right and stay in sync with the times (she barely knows how use the computer).

*I finally have a fragfest gaming partner! WooHOO! My niece in California, free for the summer, just got broadband and can now play QuakeIII with me!

*I downloaded and played the Ghost Master demo - excellent! I highly recommend it to many of you. I don't usually go for strategy games, but this one was so much fun and campy that I forgot about that technicality. I'm gonna get the full game.

*I'm replaying a bit of Silent Hill 2, because I was stupid enough to waste my bullets and health on the lesser monsters, ended meeting the first boss (Pyramid Head) with only 13 clips and a teeny tiny smidgen of health. doh.gif

I'll wait for everyone's proprietary replies. ;)

Originally posted by Homoludens

*I'm replaying a bit of Silent Hill 2, because I was stupid enough to waste my bullets and health on the lesser monsters, ended meeting the first boss (Pyramid Head) with only 13 clips and a teeny tiny smidgen of health. doh.gif

Here's a little hint, Trep. I'll use the spoiler tag, but it's not going to ruin your gaming experience if you read it.

Assuming you're referring to the first appearance of Pyramid Head in the apartment building stairwell, here's a tip: Don't waste you ammo. Run. (And yes, I understand that the door you passed through is now locked.)

Oh, and you should probably mention exactly WHO you are, Intrepid. :) I'm not sure everyone will recognize the alterego.

Hey Trep. Without knowing that alter-ego, and without zarathustra's help - I recognized you. You somehow sound like yourself. I have no clue how you sound though... er... um...

I sortof missed you, man. I hate missing people. The last person I ever thought I would miss, too...

Originally posted by Kingzjester

The last person I ever thought I would miss, too...

Was that a compliment or an insult (or neither for that matter)? :p lol

Anyway, thx zara, I didn't recognise Intrepid, though now that I re-read I can agree about the sounding like himself lol.

It's frightening how well we know and recognise ppl just by their talking and writing style.

Trepidó! *kissy kissy* I've missed you something awful!

Had to register under "another" name as well, but doubt there's any questions about who I might be... ;) Heh, I've even missed Kingz, go figure! ;)

Now that you've got a decent connection, you have to visit the chat Trep! I wont accept any excuses! (gosh, I even miss the kiss-icon!)

(((grouphug)))

Hi, everyone. I haven't really been doing anything new and exciting since the forum crashed:

*The Director Of Retail got layed off at my job; as much as I respect her and am sad, I am secretly happy because she's such a g@ddamned old dinosaur who can't run things right and stay in sync with the times (she barely knows how use the computer).

Oh dear:

"The old folks are losers

They can't work computers

They die in December time"

A - Old Folks from "A vs. Monkey Kong"

:rolleyes:

BTW Nice to read you again Intrepid.

Originally posted by Wajus

Nice to read you again Intrepid.

NICE TO READ YOU AGAIN!

God damn that sounds stupid! But it's still true! :D

And from me also: Nice to read you again Trep. :)

I think I'm gonna start using that! :smirk2:

Originally posted by Kingzjester

Hey Trep. Without knowing that alter-ego, and without zarathustra's help - I recognized you. You somehow sound like yourself. I have no clue how you sound though... er... um...

I sortof missed you, man. I hate missing people. The last person I ever thought I would miss, too...

Well, god dammit, thanks, Kingzilla! I'm really not surprised you recognized me 'through the pen', you're pretty keen anyway.

Originally posted by AGemma

Trepidó! *kissy kissy* I've missed you something awful!

Had to register under "another" name as well, but doubt there's any questions about who I might be... ;) Heh, I've even missed Kingz, go figure! ;)

Now that you've got a decent connection, you have to visit the chat Trep! I wont accept any excuses! (gosh, I even miss the kiss-icon!)

(((grouphug)))

Dammit, emma, not here! Everyone's looking! Well, okay, but just one pose, eh? [poses while emma kisses him, flashbulbs go off everywhere, the crowd goes obscenely wild, cheers and w00ts, reporters scribble notes, teenage girls, squirrels, and dirty old men faint]

But thank you for setting up a temporary home, and thanks to LucasArts for hosting us.

Ahem.

:horn:

Though Marek already said so... please please please don't confuse us with LucasArts. LucasForums is a site run by LFNetwork, the group of fan sites of which Mixnmojo and SCUMM Bar are members. LFNetwork does in no way equal LucasArts.

Originally posted by Jake

Ahem.

:horn:

Though Marek already said so... please please please don't confuse us with LucasArts. LucasForums is a site run by LFNetwork, the group of fan sites of which Mixnmojo and SCUMM Bar are members. LFNetwork does in no way equal LucasArts.

Your personal inflatable Angelina Jolie doll is on its way. Happy?

*I finally have a fragfest gaming partner! WooHOO! My niece in California, free for the summer, just got broadband and can now play QuakeIII with me!

Hey, if you need anymore frag partners in Quake 3, just give me a beep on MSN or something: bigjko@hotmail.com

I'd probably be great for target practice.. :D

Good to 'hear' you again Trep - that goes for all of you. Since AG's went down I've felt like a rudderless yacht in a sea of [insert hackneyed but emotionally wrought expression]. In one sense, this is a good opportunity to change my..er..initial user name; which was just so (mimics a life-sized doll deflating; though in truth, it's not that good an imitation, since I've never seen one deflate [i keep all mine fully inflated])

So hopefully, I can keep this one. It's more me. It intimates such depth and complexity, that it's pretty much unfathomable. If you dropped a depth-charge on my new user name, you wouldn't even hear it go off. If Francis were alive, he'd have changed his then unquoted quote to read "In clouds of Novel_T night". In fact, I'm fading into black as we speak....

Archived