Home

About that new Harry Potter book...

Arg!!! Curiosity killed the cat! (me :p)

I just had to "accidentally" look in the spoiler. Oh well, serves me right... :p

I didn't really feel anything when I read, I mean I love that character but it's less important who dies and more important how and why and in what circumstances they die.

Anyway, firefoot, I don't have the book yet, we preordered it from amazon.co.uk ages ago, and they sent it on sunday, so it'll be here in about 10-12 more days...

P.s. I'm gonna try lucid dreaming to forget this lol...

PS2 - My enthusiasm of HP books has dropped immensly lately, I don't feel as excited about the 5th book as I was about the 4th. I'm definetly interested in what happens and would read it quite quickly, but I'm not holding my breath and hoping t arrives sooner. Maybe I've grown out of the books a bit. Anyway I have one question to Moos or anyone who has read it already:

Does the first paragraph start like this:

It was the most wonderful feeling Harry ever experienced. He was flying through the air, feeling the wind blow by and through his entire body. The warm sun was glowing all over him and some birds were flying by, singing merrily.

Originally posted by GinnyW

Does the first paragraph start like this:

It was the most wonderful feeling Harry ever experienced. He was flying through the air, feeling the wind blow by and through his entire body. The warm sun was glowing all over him and some birds were flying by, singing merrily.

Nope. Actually, when the publishers announced that the book was done, back in February or whenever, they published a portion of the first paragraph: "The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive.... The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flowerbed outside number four." There's actually quite a bit in between, but that's the gist of it.

Archived