Home

Gimme a good reason for Omikron

There really isn't much reason. The fighting system is pretty mundane, the shooting half assed and the story unexplained for the most part. Levels require extreme amounts of backtracking and searching and the puzzles lack thought.

About the only thing going for the game is the style of its imagery. Granted the engine is rather old and the npcs are mass cookie cut outs, but they're stylish cookie cut outs and the grungy future setting is always a plus for me. Unfortunately its just not enough of a draw card to sit through hours of backtracking and dull puzzles. Body shifting is underutilised to the point where there are a couple of puzzles thrown in to 'force' you to shift, almost as an afterthought to remind you that you can (even if you didn't want to!)

The game contains a difficult puzzle around half way through it which can be confusing and offers no warning if you got it wrong... until near the very end of the game.

The game ends like a homage to doom2 with a difficult 'end boss' fight followed by a really ****ty 'Labyrinth' (a movie also featuring David Bowie!) like ending.

well you can change bodies...(not so freely as in Messiah) but the different bodies now play huge role at the game...

The fight is funny...it isn't Tekken or Street Fighter but it is amusing

The first person shooting sucks a little but keeps a medium quality

And the story is quite nice

oh and at the start you shall be a witness to a ...ahem..."love sequence" ;)

:p

Originally posted by pleto4_ryan

oh and at the start you shall be a witness to a ...ahem..."love sequence" ;)

Yes nothing turns me on quite like a woman with club hands and crab claw thumbs, not to mention painted on low resolution hair :amidala: If you sold gloves in most 3D worlds you'd go broke.

And boy is she whiney :c3po:

If you like the music just pick up David Bowies album 'Hours' which has all his songs from the game on it.

I've played the game through twice, I tend to really enjoy the first 20 minutes of it, then it becomes a race to the finish so I can uninstall it.

Originally posted by Kingzjester

Well, I guess it is up to me to ask what is on everybody's mind: how do they play the keyboards without fingers?

I can play the piano with my nose. Seriously.

(It's a lot faster with my fingers though.... :p)

Archived