Home

Smugglers

Duffalpha

I was reading a different thread and they were talking about smuggling people ie, people who had a bounty on their head. U could take them from location a to location b and protect them from bounty hunters or keep them locked up in a safe house for a while, that type of thing. I'm sure there's ways of slicing into the computer system and deleting some1's bounty, all for a price of course.

Ya, and if ur not in a PvP area the bounty hunter won't be able to enter some1 elses home. smae goes for ships i guess. U just got to have a safe house on every plant and be able to hid people, a back door or something which exists to a forest where u can hid. That type of thing.

Originally posted by Kenshin Himoura

Will you be able to go to the smugglers run?

I'm assuming you mean the 'Kessel Run' through the MAW cluster. This of course is not possible yet, but the devs had made it clear that they intend to add a theme park of some kind for this once the space expansion is released.

I'm assuming you mean the 'Kessel Run' through the MAW cluster.

You assume too much. :emperor:

:D

There is actually something that's called Smuggler's Run.

It's a astroid field, that is at the time controlled by the Hutts. It is used as a base of operations by smugglers who can't afford the luxury and haven that Nar Shaddaa provides.

The Smuggler's Run has been in use for several centuries, and has remained unchecked due to its hazardous entrance through the asteroids. Several asteroids have been hollowed out or riddled with caverns to support life, and have been nicknamed Skips. The Skips were numbered in the order in which they were inhabited. A few minor crimelords developed personal empires within certain asteroids, but their influence rarely extended beyond a single rock.

So basically, a different run, but the same answer.

Eh, well, no, not exactly. :)

The Kessel Run is a competition, which involves, get to Kessel, get the spice, and randevoy with several transport which are going opposite directions, before they enter Imperial controlled space again. The competition starts from when you get off Kessel, and it appears that the 12 parsec thing is the distance the transports cover before all of them have been reached that is measured, either combined or the last one or something. Not too clear about the details.

The Smuggler's Run is not really a competition, but you need to navigate a dangerous astroid field in order to get there.

Well, in RL a parsec is...

A unit of astronomical length based on the distance from Earth at which stellar parallax is one second of arc and equal to 3.258 light-years, 3.086 × 1013 kilometers, or 1.918 × 1013 miles.

A parallax is...

An apparent change in the direction of an object, caused by a change in observational position that provides a new line of sight.

So, in layman’s terms, what is a Parsec? Time or distance? Both?

Jack, it's a distance measurement. You gave the answer yourself. :) And 1 parsec is equal to 3.258 lightyears, which translates into 3.086x1013km (30,860,000,000,000,000kilometers if I'm not mistaken :D ).

In Star Wars, parsec is also a unit of distance, but exactly how much different from RL we don't know. But it would be based on calculations derived from Coruscants orbit and relation to its sun etc... however you do to calculate 1 parsec, as it is the center of galactic community ... or atleast was (damn Yuuzhan Vongs :swear: ).

Not to mention the enormous area it would cover. :)

I mean, I doubt Space Expansion will cover much more than an area around the planets or an entire starsystem.

That would be kinda interesting with the Corellian system. :)

You can fly from Corellia to Talus in one go. :)

ButI'm pretty sure it won't be as large as the entire Corellian Sector. Too many starsystems and too much space.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Jack, it's a distance measurement. You gave the answer yourself. :)

I didn't know what I was saying; I was just reading it out of the dictionary :D.

ButI'm pretty sure it won't be as large as the entire Corellian Sector. Too many starsystems and too much space.

But I like vast amounts of space :(.

Originally posted by Exar_reborn

You were saying that the smugglers could make buffs that are in the form of food? So what do they require to become one? cooking, scout, marksman anyone know? and weapon buffs too? So do they actually smuggle anything?

I think they need the brawler unarmed specialization and the pistol specialization. As far as smuggling things goes, I don't think they really do.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Eh, well, no, not exactly. :)

The Kessel Run is a competition, which involves, get to Kessel, get the spice, and randevoy with several transport which are going opposite directions, before they enter Imperial controlled space again. The competition starts from when you get off Kessel, and it appears that the 12 parsec thing is the distance the transports cover before all of them have been reached that is measured, either combined or the last one or something. Not too clear about the details.

The Smuggler's Run is not really a competition, but you need to navigate a dangerous astroid field in order to get there.

Actually Jan,

If I recall correctly, the Kessel run is not actually a competion. It is more for bragging rights. Not so much on time frame, but distance travelled. Reason being is that the shorter the distance, the closer you have to go to the MAW cluster, which would eat your vessel up. Perhaps there are competitions, but the run itself is not a reference to a competition, but rather a route travelled.

*double checks*

http://www1.theforce.net/CUSWE/search.asp?search=kessel+run&EandD=EyDn&no=10

Archived