Home

MGS3 theories and spec.

Rad707_Pandaz

After hearing a new interview from Mr. Kojima in the recent EGM, I have to say...MGS3 is either going to be A. Matrix Revolutions type story or B. MGS2 coherance...or contiuity...or no-make-sense. Kojima-san says that MGS3 definitely takes place during the cold war. He doesn't really say whether or not the WHOLE game takes place in the 60s. Remember how in MGS2, only a small part of the game took place with Snake on the Tanker. Kojima was asked if the Snake seen is REALLY Solid Snake. Since if it took place in the 60s, Snake would have been pretty old in MGS1. He simply states "It's probably exactly as you imagine". Then when he is asked if the Snake in the trailer is actually Big Boss, since Solid Snake was an exact clone of Big Boss, Kojima simply smiles. He said something about how Snake is Snake...but that Snake is simply a codename.

Weird guy. I don't see how he could be anymore vague. But he's still a cool guy, I just wouldn't want him knowing any of my passwords. Anyways, Do you guys have any theories to add?

It appears as though it is a prequel, yes.

In fact, a remake of the FIRST MGS game that came out on the NES, which was int he Jungle.

As such, Big Boss WILL be in it (I believe there is a fist fight in a mine field at the end in the original - hope they keep it)

I am looking forward to it.

Technically, it would be impossible for MGS3 to be a remake of the original Metal Gear on NES. It might be, but some major details would have to be changed.

1. The original Metal Gear took place in the year 2005, as acknowledged by Hideo Kojima.

2. Snake Eater takes place in the 1960s

3. Even if it was a remake, how can you explain why Snake looks young in MGS1 if MGS3 takes place in the 60s.

No, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes is simply a remake of Metal Gear Solid 1. I'm talking about Metal Gear, the very very first game featuring Solid Snake. It came out on the NES and took place in the jungle. The original took place in 2005. MGS3 takes place in the 1960s. I was saying that if Metal Gear Solid 3 takes place in the 1960s, how do you explain Snake looking so young in Metal Gear Solid 1-2?

Archived