Home

Who played Silent Hill 3?

Can anyone tell me how the third part of the silent hill is?

Is it still scary? are the graphics better then the second one?

I read alot on the internet but I want to hear it from the players!

SAR

ps is it coming to the PC and Xbox?

I've played it! Haven't finished it yet, but I'm pretty near the end. So far it's excellent. It has more in common (story-wise as well as the environments of the game) with the first game, take that for what you will. And the game is scary! It is really intense and the music is really disturbing. As for the graphics, they're friggin' amazing. Definetely among the best graphics I've seen so far.

ps is it coming to the PC and Xbox?

Nothing official yet, but I'd be surprised if it didn't come to the PC, at least. But it's prolly gonna take a while...

Yep, got it :) Didn't have much time to play it yet, but so far it's excellent! Puzzles are great (as opposite to not very entertaining ones in SH2) and story, for once, actually makes some sense... Also, Heather is more "human" character than James (with her own personality).

Voice acting is still the worst part of game though, even if a bit better than in previous effort (especially Heather's voice acting is quite good).

Actually, the only thing that bothered me at the beginning, were fights, that seemed a bit harder this time around... even on easy mode. It spoiled the adventurous part for me. However, after reading you can unlock the "beginner" mode, if you die a few times, the game difficulty became the same as in SH2's easy fighting mode.

Anyway, if you liked SH2, you'll gonna love the third one. It's just as scarry, but with better gameplay and even graphics are improved.

It WILL get out on PC in OCTOBER.....

Really? Didn't know that, cool news!

I forgot to mention the difficulty... It is rather difficult, and I hate the fact that some of the enemies respawn over time (ugh! I've always hated that), but it's not THAT difficult. It sucks that you have to kill a lot of enemies to get the second ending though...

Z, if didn't play the first one(only the second) will there be things it would be hard 2 me 2 understand?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it'll be difficult for you to understand the story, but you will miss some really important stuff, like the mythology of Silent Hill, or some revelations about Heather. I can't say anything else without including spoilers, sorry.

You can always get a plot guide FAQ for SH1 from gamefaqs though, that could help.

I'm waiting for the PC release in October myself. It's also worth noting that the North American versions will come with a separate cd of the original soundtrack (sorry, all you Europeans). I downloaded a few of the pieces a while ago when Konami had some kind of limited time access to them. They're awesome! They remind me stylistically and atmospherically of the music of Tricky, Portishead, The Mortal Coil, with a strange (somehow) dribble of Satie.

I'm still playing SH2 PC atm (alternating b/t that and ICO).

Originally posted by Homoludens

They remind me stylistically and atmospherically of the music of Tricky, Portishead, The Mortal Coil, with a strange (somehow) dribble of Satie.

Wow. That *does* sound awesome. Wanna share? :D

You might wanna try two instrumental tracks, "Dance with Night Wind" and "Breeze in Monochrome Night", they're my favorite, along with the song from the intro (called "You're Not Here".

It's also worth noting that the North American versions will come with a separate cd of the original soundtrack (sorry, all you Europeans).

We still got to play it earlier. :p

Originally posted by Lazy Z

You might wanna try two instrumental tracks, "Dance with Night Wind" and "Breeze in Monochrome Night", they're my favorite, along with the song from the intro (called "You're Not Here".

Those, and one more, "Letter ~ From The Lost Days" - were the ones I got to aqcuire.

We still got to play it earlier. :p

tongue.gif Back at ya!

I really wanted to play this game, but when I heard that there wasn't any major plot twists, I was kind of disappointed. The stories in 1 and 2 forced you to figure things out for yourself, but I heard this one's story has been pretty simplified.

Archived