Home

Poll at the Church Of Tim

Not abuse me, as in me. I have had enough abuse from Ragnar Tornquist for today. I meant, I want you to abbuse My POLL SCRIPT at the Church, that is. Tell me if you manage to break it somehow - if you feel like attempting to break it somehow.

Just go and vote.

Reaper, look in Kingz' sig, the link is there :).

I voted I will rent the console, though I can't cause they don't even sell them yet here, much less rent. or maybe they do sell, but very expensively then. I wish Psychonuats was coming out for PC aswell. if I had enough useless money maybe I would buy the console because of the game. But I don't have any money to waste. :(

Oh well.. maybe someone I know has an X-Box..

:p

The text in the poll is scalable. For those that have mice with the little wheel just pres control and rotate the sucker and the text will grow or shrink. For the rest of you, go to VIEW > TEXT SIZE and fix the problem.

I have found a stupid problem in the script though. I'll have to re-work that and until I do, I'm turning the poll off. It was nice while it lasted... heh...

Oh, and I would really like it if you could screen capture the header of the page and lemme know how it looks on your machines. I wanna make it as compatible as possible. I am alergic to small fonts and I figured it was just dandy on my machine... alas.

Originally posted by Kingzjester

The text in the poll is scalable. For those that have mice with the little wheel just pres control and rotate the sucker and the text will grow or shrink. For the rest of you, go to VIEW > TEXT SIZE and fix the problem.

I have found a stupid problem in the script though. I'll have to re-work that and until I do, I'm turning the poll off. It was nice while it lasted... heh...

Bleah, I'm not going to adjust the text size just for your site, because then I'd have to re-adjust it to fit every other website in te universe!

you might want to check your code with w3c.org kingz, it got quite some errors in it see here

Next to that, the page looks good except for the reaaaaly small fontsize. (I had to zoom in 200%, using opera, in order to be able to read what you wrote there...)

If you need any hints/tips for css / html / php, let me know :)

Originally posted by ysbreker

you might want to check your code with w3c.org kingz, it got quite some errors in it see here

Next to that, the page looks good except for the reaaaaly small fontsize. (I had to zoom in 200%, using opera, in order to be able to read what you wrote there...)

If you need any hints/tips for css / html / php, let me know :)

That validator is bull. It doesn't know that you can have numbers within quotes and doesn't recognize half of the standard codes that work just fine. I don't need no help for css nor html, I've been typing web pages since 1998 and I can handle them just fine. As far as PHP goes, with that I may need some help, and once I do, I'll yell.

As far as fonts go, I'll set up a little test page to see what looks best for most people. The site looks just fine for me as is.

Ok, you might be right about the validator in parts, but still it's a good help to check for some oddities, like giving a <h1>tag an align is not exacty standard html and can be aranged much better using css...

But enough of me whining about your sourcecode, everyone codes the way he/she codes ;)

The validator is very much not bull, else /. would have its ass. Technically every page is supposed to have an identifier, and when it doesn't, it assumes HTML 4.0 Strict. Change it to Transitional, and you'll get a much kinder, gentler validator. A major problem you're having, in general, though, is that you're mixing 3.2-style tags and attributes (formatting right in the code) with 4.0-style CSS pages (formatting in a separate <style> block, or in a .css file). Transitional doesn't strictly require that (Strict does, I believe), but I have a feeling that'd fix a bunch. I'm not sure why it doesn't recognize the "border" attribute, though... Go read the HTML format specs off http://www.w3c.org/ maybe...

Archived