Waited for years for SWG release

Preordered SWG for $ bucks last week

Did research about the game online via beta Q&A / Forums

Asked about jumping/falling/underwater swimming

Learned that you CANNOT actually jump other than an emote

/em jump ?

Cant swim underwater

Cant fall either P

Ever play a game where you got stuck and couldnt move, so you had to either jump around or sit to get past the obsticle? Guess where gonna be SOL when our feet get stuck in the grass!

Sitting behind my pc disappointed I recall a game I played back in 1990 on Nintendo with what ? 8 bit graphics or some sh*t and I was about to 1) jump 2) fall 3) swim underwater,,,

Things that cannot be offered in 2003 new release of the best online game of all time ,,, SWG ,,,

OMG what a disappointment

/cry

Originally posted by caydo

Guess where gonna be SOL when our feet get stuck in the grass!

OMG what a disappointment

/cry

Feet get stuck in the grass? Ok, now you're just being childish. You are looking at this backwards. Jumping, swimming underwater and falling are not in the game to prevent us from being stuck. Imagine all the people who whould jump off a low building, only to land in a closed alley way where they can't get out. Or someone jumping inbetween two rocks, only to be permanently wedged. This lack of movement options is in place for our safety, not to disappoint us.

[/EDIT] If you realy waited for years then you would know that jumping was never going to be implemented, so why are you so supprised?

There is no z-axis (jumping) in he game to prevent people from using z-axis expoits.

A z-axis exploit would be climbing on top of a building where a brawler/animal could not hit you and killing it with a blaster but not taking any damage.

Z-axis exploits have been a problem with all MMO's that actually have one.

You can do all of the above mentioned which allows for free exploration w/o any issues with being stuck or falling into areas you cant get out of. If I came across a jedi, and I knew I was gonna die Id run and attempt to climb the roof of a house. Doest that sound realistic? Guess Im the only one with these views, but overall the game is lacking alot more than /jump etc lets all hope this game lasts!

Otherwise I guess we will have to deal with it all, but Im not going to say its a good game just because Im a SW fan.

Just being honest

Why do you think you can't jump?? BECAUSE YOU WON'T NEED TO!! If you could jump you could get stuck somewhere and unable to get out then you would have to log out then come back. And your not gonna get stuck in the grass I can tell you that and by some reason you do get stuck in tall grass take out a sword or blade and chop chop chop. It's that easy man so don't complain.

Jump like in Morrowind, nahhh i got bored of that game too quickly...Besides im SAD that its only Tuesday!!! Everytime I think about SWG (Thats like every Second of my life) I get freaken crazy and I hafta slap myself to wake up from my daze. THURSDAY HHOOOHOO CANT WAIT! @#!@#(!@# ARGH MUST PLAY MUST PLAY

:sweat::freakout::explode:

I can't get over it...MUST PLAY MUST PLAY....I havent seen this ill of a game until a very long time. I've gotten so bored of Rainbowsix 3: Ravenshield (Owning Everyone) and so bored of Planetside (In 3 weeks) and bored in Battlefield 1942 lol. MUST play A!@#!@#!@# AHHH 2 more days, coff 2 more days. I Wish i could sleep 2 days straight

considering the fact that Star wars =Space and we have no space interaction atm It would have been cool for my feet to have left the ground even if it was for a sec or two P but if theres no x y z axis or whatever how will they incorporate flying in the next expansion? I really want to see SWG become the top online game.

Woody "No luke skywalker You can't jump your only a toy"

Luke Skywalker "Yeah buts it a video game dammit! Even Mario can jump!"

Woody "yeah but SWG has no XYZ axis"

Luke Skywalker " I want to jump dammit!"

Originally posted by caydo

If I came across a jedi, and I knew I was gonna die Id run and attempt to climb the roof of a house. Doest that sound realistic?

LOL, at first I thought you were just another complainer. But now, hehe, I see you're a half-wit! First you get stuck in grass, now you want to climb up a house to escape a Jedi. Climb up a house? LOL. "...maybe he won't see me if I climb up the side of this house..."

On a more serious note: They won't really have flying in the game, it's going to be Space travel; totally different. You will only be able to fly in space, not in the atmosphere.

Sorry I seemed harsh, but i mean c'mon. :D:p

>>1. starwars = space, yeah thats the first expnasion that there comminh out with...

2. No jumping prevets u ffrom getting stuck, also dude when u learn some skills like doge etc...ur going to get of ground for a sec

3.Jet Packs would be sweet but only for Bounty Hunters...which is wat everybody... god u guys need to try and go for something else rather than bounty Hunters...i understan u wanna be like Boba and Jango ok but u cant there in the game...so if u still want to be a bounty Hunter do wat i doing have some bounty Hunter skils but not master i added some fencing and some other attacks...

4. I CANT WAIT TO PLAY....MUST PLAY MUST PLAY AHHHHH

cyza :lsduel::beam2:

Originally posted by The Punisher

"...maybe he won't see me if I climb up the side of this house..."

HAHAHAHAHA

haha jeez man...hahaha

good 1

just try the game and if u cant play without jumping...

go play eq2 or WoW in about 6 months-1year from now.

haha maybe he won't see me if i climb up the side of this house...hahahaha

p.s. - hahah i knew it another person tired of planetside within a couple weeks.

the game has no SUBSTANCE...err nothing static that u can keep.

like items or special guns...like crafting.

feels like an expensive version of bf1942.

Same here I'm gonna be a BH but I'm also a musicain so I'm differenet I'm playing Jatari Bazrak, not Baoba fett here.

lol well this is my first MMORPG and I'm not crying well none of us are. I've waited years but I'm still lovin this game you should focus more on the positve then the negitive.:D now where was I?

oh yes, Hummmmmmmmmmmmm... Hummmmmmmmmm. haha

Yeah I agree mark, Planetside was ok at first for like a week, than after like 3 weeks i got totally bored as hell with planetside. Theres like NO objectives other than hack hack hack ....hack. I wasted 90 bucks for that game =) Well not me really but my bro. I know i can spend 90 bucks on SWG and be guaranteed a reliable, great, fantastic and long lasting game that will last me as long as Diablo II did or longer. :D

Ok I know that this is kinda outta thought but what about Jedi? I mean in the movies that was one thing they were freakin awsome at. The rafter battles in episode 1, luke doing his spinning front flip over the guys. cmon I think it would be atleast decent if in the space expantion that they added jumping into a special move. Like in TK or swords. Just to be more realistic. Now if you can somehow some way manage to get stuck in a fight like that. I'm willing to take it.

Archived