Home

WOW! I just realized how cool this was!

GoblinJacK

This is my first post here. I recently got a wave of admiration towards MI2, a game that when i played it the first time, seemed a bit spooky for my taste. Something that i hadn't noticed about the game before just hit me like a brick to the head! How cool was the way that Scabb Island (the one you start on?) had a central musical theme, and as you entered each building, the theme took a twist and seamlessly transitioned into a variation. Each variation had its own flavor and mood. Sorry, I am just in AWE right now!

So you should be!

Aside from that, how good is the freedom to move between the islands whenever you want! Its like you exist in a real world, where you don't have to progress through locations level style.

No other LucasArts adventure since then (poss. exclusion of DOTT) has given me that level of freedom. It really adds to immersion, I think.

Welcome by the way.

i agree with that scabb music theme .. mostly i like the one i the kitchen and at the hotel.

In CMI i missed to travel between the islands a bit, but it was ok, the locos and the mood helped me over it. .. In EMI there was no help for it .. it was just too levelbased. Just like SoMI, but SoMI was the first.

Damn!!! So is true that u can play it on XP as the normal thing?

I miss so much the win 98 SE, (it was almost perfect) every cool Lucas games worked on that system. Pitty that we had change to XP, or else we became history. This software (and hardware) evolution thing is like a train or u catch it or lose it...

You got to have always the new drive version, the latest video board. Slave to the system, I say!!

Ermm...hey lookit! UT smilies! :blast5::gun7::fire3::grnlaz::attack1: TELEFRAG!

Anyways, speaking of playing MI2 on newer OSes, does anyone know why I am having a problem with using my mouse in ScummVM? The Command Prompt window that comes up right before it starts says something about it wanting to use a joystick for the controller. BUT I DONT HAVE ONE, let alone have one hooked up! YIKES! So i can't move the cursor at all in the interface, rendering it useless! ARGH! P.S. Win98

Originally posted by Spitmaster

every cool Lucas games worked on that system.

Are you sure? Just recently I've tried to get SoMI working on my computer (yes, it is W98) and have come up with some sort of error everytime, whether it can't find '000.lml' or 'divide by 0 error' it's REALLY frustrating

I haven't gotten around to trying MI:LR yet, as I need to convert the 5 1/4 discs to 3 1/2 still...

Xalan, i can help! I used to get the same error with the Divide by 0. What worked for me was that I pulled the Monkey.exe to the side so that the dos window wouldnt get in the way when it popped up. Then what i did, was that I kept double clicking on the icon until there were about 20 monkey.exes open. Then I looked at the Taskbar, and they all said "Finished..monkey" except ONE amazingly! It said "MONKEY" so i closed all the bogus dos windows and maximized the one that said MONKEY and VOILA! there on the screen was the the beautiful LUCASFILM logo! Hope that helps.

Well, that's impressive, GoblinJacK.

The only thing that's wrong with 98 (or maybe it's my computer) is that you can't get the sound on the really old games to work (unless you play in dos mode). Like ZakMcKracken, Loom floppy disk version.

About the entertainment pack: I think it's possible to buy it in the stores in norway, but i don't know, since it is a distance to the nearest game shop.

I got this guy to buy two entertainment packs on the internet on a norwegian web-site (One for my friend, and one for me.). But he isn't home at day time (Job from 8-20 i think). I went to his house, but he wasn't home. Then I got too curious and looked into the mailbox: Voila! A little card from the post office that says that you got to pick up a package on the post office. And that close at 20. Duh.

Rapp_Scallion

That's only really good for those who want just MI1 with full sound. As you may know, about half of the PC version's music is missing from the Amiga version of MI2 (to save disk space), and so less than "full sound" is there.

Personally, I think it's really weird to play MI2 without the familiar themes like "Captain Dread" and such. MI1 seems to me to have been a much more successful Amiga port than MI2.

Just my two cents.

Archived