Home

PA or Solo? - Last Chance

Wolverinz

Just before servers come up. Who has finally decided to join a pa or go solo. Im personally gonna be a more solo type of char till jedis pop up. Then me and friend will build jedi havens in corellia... Oh darn, just gave away location. :fett: Good thing I didnt mention it would be on starsider... *Hits Himself* Im solo, what about you?

I'm wondering though if this game works a lot like Everquest though. In EQ you can solo quite a bit at first, but then at the later levels you HAVE to group to get anywhere in the game.

Ok so I guess this is a good question for beta testers. What is the game like solo'ing and grouping? is it possible to solo all the time when it comes to fighting?

I want to be more of a fighter type class myself, like a bounty hunter, so i'll group.

I think it'll make the game a little bit more fun and I also feel that you will be able to progress fast with a pa. Ex. - You always have someone to go hunting with to gain those exp points. :)

Anyways, I've decided to join a pa and I think it will make the game experience that much better for me. :)

Semi solo for me. I don't want to be in a PA but I don't want to go alone because that would defeat the prupose of a multiplayer game. I want to tavel with 1 or two friends and interact with the people in all the cities we visit. I plan on being an Artisan then Arcitech on an East coast server on Naboo or Dantooine so if anyone wants to join me just give a hollar.

Okay, here is my official warning.

The way of the soloist, as in travelling alone and not groupping, is frowned upon by the coding. Whether you are in a PA or not, groupping is necessary for successful combatants. Remember I told you this. I am writing an article for the site on soloing, but as s lot changed in the game in the last two weeks, I need to rewrite my strategy and retest a couple of previous ways I was pulling it off successfully. I will say this, soloing gives an unparallelled level of satisfaction. Not many beta testers can say that they were able to do what i have done. By testing different skills against them on my own, I was able to come up with several strategies to take down the nastiest creatures in the game with a low amount of people. Unfortunately, I must also warn you that no amount of strategy wil help you defeat a witch on Dathomir, I suggest /burstrun to evacuate.

Now I realize this post was regarding PAs, I just thought I'd throw that in there. The devs are encouraging player interaction, so you will not advance as fast if you do not group for hunts.

Anyways, yes I will be in a PA. I run one remember. LOL

My character will def start out soloing...just like the Han he is..

:p

I will prob eventually join a PA if I like the players and the PA firstly stands for fun.

Some of the PA's I have checked into are more like mini dictatorships with way too many rules to follow let alone remember. My character is trying to get away from dictaorships not advance new ones.

I def dont mind teamwork going for common goals and mutal success and advancement but I wont be some PA's lackey.

I will prob try to find a goal orientated yet mellow RolePlaying PA and def try to find some cool players to group with, after reading these boards I don't think cool people will be hard to find.

No PA at first for me but to each their own I hope everyone enjoys this game as much I plan to.

If you're thinking about becoming a Bounty Hunter then all you really need to do is befriend 1 Weaponsmith and maybe a Smuggler.

When you're looking for that special side-arm don't just goto any random person selling weapons, find a person that you can trust and stick with them.

Anyways... soloing, yes once you make Bounty Hunter you can pretty much solo anything in SWG. I've taken down Kimo's alone, granted it takes a little time and some wise tactics but nothing beats the fact that you did what some random groups of 20 sometimes can not do! (You'll understand this once you take part in a group of 20 random d00dz!)

BH is lacking atm due to the whole not being able to hunt real players but that's when you RPers come into play... RPing will help to fill that void until the Devs come up with a PC BH system...

If you're thinking about becoming a Bounty Hunter then all you really need to do is befriend 1 Weaponsmith and maybe a Smuggler.

When you're looking for that special side-arm don't just goto any random person selling weapons, find a person that you can trust and stick with them.

Anyways... soloing, yes once you make Bounty Hunter you can pretty much solo anything in SWG. I've taken down Kimo's alone, granted it takes a little time and some wise tactics but nothing beats the fact that you did what some random groups of 20 sometimes can not do! (You'll understand this once you take part in a group of 20 random d00dz!)

BH is lacking atm due to the whole not being able to hunt real players but that's when you RPers come into play... RPing will help to fill that void until the Devs come up with a PC BH system...

Archived