Home

LucasArts contest

Dalixam

I just saw the news post at Mixnmojo and checked it out even though I expected the usual; Only US residents can participate. Do they realize there is a world outside the US?

Oh, and I like the fact that it runs through December 31st 2002.

Ok MAYBE they should limit contests to the US (although I think it sucks)

BUT

They SHOULDN'T limit ordering normal stuff from the store to the US/Canada only!!

Even friggin' Sierra's store ships worldwide (Blizzard, too).

Wtf is wrong with them?

I went through a great pain to get the Indiana Jones Emperor's Tomb free pen by finding someone in the US to order for me and send it to Europe afterwards (In fact costed me a copy of "Liath" which I merly threw away to him for $20.00 + shipping (normally makes up to $40.00 on Ebay) and of course the game price + shipping to Europe).

Thank you LucasArts for yet another f**kup!

/me angry

Originally posted by tabacco

Probably because (I believe) Activision is their distributor internationally, and I don't think they'd appreciate LucasArts doing direct international sales and bypassing them.

Precisely.

So much for globalization.

What have Activision got to say regarding the matter? Perhaps a bunch of irritating emails will.. irritate them. Still, worth a shot to see if they may be interested in stocking merchandise and other such crap.

Actually, I can't find anything remotely related to LucasArts at Activison.co.uk, so I guess that's not how it works.. ¬

If we ever get our site back and run this years Simon Jeffery interview, I think there was some good news about the company store and international buyers in there ... don't remember how definite it was but ... yeah.

Originally posted by Jake

If we ever get our site back and run this years Simon Jeffery interview, I think there was some good news about the company store and international buyers in there ... don't remember how definite it was but ... yeah.

Unless you're totally downplaying things, he's pretty much said that every year. ¬

Archived