Home

Will people be able to make new species?

Indy3

They said it will be easier to plug NPCs, models and skins into the game. So yay.

Another plus is that those stupid NPC modders who halfinch other people work and get loads of praise from the idio-users of JK2files. They will go out of buisness and their sorry names shall be forgotten.

On the other hand when creating a new species you'd probably have to design new clothing also...

another plus is new clothing can be added too :D so we may get out jedi robes and capes after all :D

If someone makes a Mon Cal model, I'd use that in SP. :D

Yes, Raven have said it will be easier to plug in new models etc., for JA, so I don't see why the mod community can't get to work on some other races (and genders for existing races) for use in the game.

I certainly hope that people like HapSlash decide to release their quality models for use in JA.

The only problem I can foresee, though, is if your player character speaks in the game. Raven may go so far as to include the right dialects for the races they are including in SP. Then again...they may decide to stick with 'Basic' as a common tongue. Nothing essentially wrong with that...but if you wanted to play as an Ithorian or Wookiee, there would obviously be problems in that I never heard either of those races utter a single intelligible word.

If the voice files are editable, then it would resolve that part of the problem, though. Assuming, of course, that a modder is dedicated enough to get some good racial dialect sound samples...

Indy3, may I please ask you to confine your questions to one thread, I understand they are not all related questions, but you can just call your thread "Some JA questions for you..." and post all your questions. It's just more convenient to view a sinlg ethread than to go theough 3 threads in a row, all by the same user. Thank you.

Archived