Home

Will people be able to make better weapons?

Indy3

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

To my understanding people won't be able to edit or modify weapons any easier in JA than in JO.

Probably true dat. :( AFAIK, it might be easier making your own lightsaber hilt and be able to select that. But as for new weapons...that takes extra coding.

But on the other hand, there will be much more new weapons in JA than JO, so that might make you happy.

Well, from previews so far we know JA has two more weapons than JO's arsenal. Hardly much more, but we'll have to see which weapons actually make an appearance. Check the FAQ at the top for a list of those already confirmed...(link in my Sig)

Well, I could've sworn that I read in a preview saying that there will be a "slew of new weapons" available in JA. Not really sure exactly how many a slew is, but I think its more than two :).

Besides, I think the 2 new lightsabers count as well, so that would be 4 confirmed weapons so far... But I could've sworn I read about other new weapons that were confirmed... I'll have to check.

In terms of weapons I'd like to see a few weapons that have a different look but do altogether the same thing. An example would be the bryar pistol and the Blastech DL-44 or whatever they call it. They pretty much are the same weapon yet one looks cooler than the other, my opinion at least. Or maybe they have the same basic fire but secondary fire could differ a bit. Maybe one has an advantage in one level while another would be advantageous for another.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

In terms of weapons I'd like to see a few weapons that have a different look but do altogether the same thing. An example would be the bryar pistol and the Blastech DL-44 or whatever they call it. They pretty much are the same weapon yet one looks cooler than the other, my opinion at least. Or maybe they have the same basic fire but secondary fire could differ a bit. Maybe one has an advantage in one level while another would be advantageous for another.

Well the DL44 is a heavy blaster (pistol), at least that was stated in an interview. So it'll probably do more damage. But I agree with you that there should be more weapons in the same class.

Personally, I'd prefer the weapons to be mostly blastech blasters, but with different damage, rate of fire etc. I don't really like the flechette, heavy repeater etc :mad:

i personally liked the fletchet and repeater, i thought they were cool.

however, i think it would DEFINATELY be cool to have more blastech weapons.

i think the fletchet and repeater were cool..... even though i never used em *pats his trusty lightsaber*, and i don't think that many others did. it gives people who don't wanna use the saber a chance.

but i agree 100% that there should be a new arsonal of diverse blastech weapons :cool:

Originally posted by MikeDoggg2004

No we humans are retard

:)

Huh?!?!

:confused:

I didn't like the flechette too much, and at the time didn't think it appropriate to have stormies using it. But as I think about it now, since it is 'the Remnant' they'd use whatever they could get.

In general, I'd like more emphasis on accurate ranged weapons and less on splash damage.

I remember some games you could edit config files for 'base damage' and things like that to modify the weapons. Aside from that, as Stormhammer says, new weapons takes coding, models and so on.

Mike

Archived