Home

Do You Think That Jan Will Be In JK3

JEDI OUTCAST

Originally posted by MSpencer1313

Or she and the sexist pig Kyle can have a baby but at the risk of offending anybody, Kyle will sacrafice his penis by giving birth. My frigging god.

Wow, I dunno how YOU plan to have kids, but I hope to have more than 1 :rolleyes::p

Originally posted by Xizor's killer

And on talk about being 'sexist' I don't think George Lucas is sexist is he? He had Luke and Han save Leia in ANH does that mean George Lucas is sexist? Hmm answer me that?

No - becuase who took control immediately? Leia! Seriously, Lucas uses strong women who give and take on the rescue front.

Same for Jan - remember in JK, where they have some exchange about her saving his butt? In JO, she is still a partner in the adventure, fighting alongside of him early on - showing that she's still smarter than him when it comes to tech stuff. How was she to avoid getting taken by Dessann and Tavion? No chance there. But at the end, she goes to help the Academy by fighting in the air.

I do hope we see her ... she, like Kyle, is a fond part of DF history ... seeing a bit of Mara would also be nice. Heck let's throw EVERYONE in there - I'd love to see Leia chastise Kyle about his attitude, I'd like to see Han say something like 'laugh hit up furball' to Chewie, and so on ... Wedge mentioned explicitly, and on and on ...

Personally, I'd also love to see a 'younglings' room, with Luke at the helm. Just more homage ...

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

No - becuase who took control immediately? Leia! Seriously, Lucas uses strong women who give and take on the rescue front.

Same for Jan - remember in JK, where they have some exchange about her saving his butt? In JO, she is still a partner in the adventure, fighting alongside of him early on - showing that she's still smarter than him when it comes to tech stuff. How was she to avoid getting taken by Dessann and Tavion? No chance there. But at the end, she goes to help the Academy by fighting in the air.

I do hope we see her ... she, like Kyle, is a fond part of DF history ... seeing a bit of Mara would also be nice. Heck let's throw EVERYONE in there - I'd love to see Leia chastise Kyle about his attitude, I'd like to see Han say something like 'laugh hit up furball' to Chewie, and so on ... Wedge mentioned explicitly, and on and on ...

Personally, I'd also love to see a 'younglings' room, with Luke at the helm. Just more homage ...

Mike

Wow good points well done

Originally posted by praenuntius

I thought the Kyle and Jan storyline was ridiculous in Jedi Outcast. Love this and love that. It stinks of sexist role playing. She even gets to be rescued by her male hero. I hope she's woken up to her senses at this point in time and dumped Kyle for someone who shaves occasionally and isn't such a complete idiot when it comes to being a puppet in an evil scheme (ie. leading Desann to the Valley of the Jedi immediately).

Also, she should have really died in Jedi Outcast to serve as a karmic reminder to Kyle that a Jedi should not be a slave to his emotions.

Let's keep the women in their place. Let's keep them women. Not men. That's just my opinion though. As for a cameo. I really hope we see nothing of her. I'm already dissapointed that we have to tolerate Kyle. Don't get me wrong. I love the Jedi knight/dark forces games, I just hate the main characters. Sounds odd I know. Also, lets keep the prequel junk out of the post rotj games. It's so much better not being forced to watch that.

Kyle changed a lot from the earlier games to JO. His whole "former imp" storyline was sort of forgotten. Jan has always been looking out for Kyle throughout the series. She was who convinced Mon Mothma to let Kyle work for the Rebels (at least that's how I remember it). Mothma was skeptical of Kyle's history, so Jan had to cut the deal. Plus Jan has always been there to get Kyle out of dangerous situations.

Speaking of which, if Jan does make a cameo, I think it should be after a mission with Kyle, where you are introduced inside the Raven's Claw (or the Mouldy Crow, or whatever it is now). Speaking of which, what's the deal with the Z-95 wings duct-taped onto the Crow? The original Mouldy Crow had a cooler shape, IMO, better looking engines, too.

...I think Jan will make a cameo, although that's all it is. I've been trying to plot (unsuccessfully) the time line between Return Of The Jedi and Jedi Academy - it'd be interesting to see some characters from the books make an appearance. For example, as Burrie mentioned, Mara Jade is obviously a part of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Kyle Katarn universe, so it'd be nice to see her there as Mara Skywalker... possibly the Solo brats, too. After all, Jacen, Jaina and Anakin have been at the Academy for what must be years, in the SW time-line, so even if we saw them as little toddlers or something, it'd be good.

i for one really didn't like the kyle/jan romance that just suddenly popped up out of nowhere in JO... they had always been cool mates, working as a team... but there had never been any indication of a romance.... it just didn't fit.

SO, while i wouldn't mind seeing jan again, i fear it would be in some sort of stupid wife/kids role, rather than kicking ass as usual...

It would be nice if you got into a mission with kyle that went downhill rapidly and you had to hold your location until a rescue ship arrived... then when it finally arrived it got shot down..... just as all looks grim in swoops Jan with a "yeehaa!" and saves you both.

That sort of thing would be cool... a "hi im kyle, let me introduce my wife and kids" sort of thing would suck. IMHO :D

Originally posted by txa1265

Good Points Made. I Agree with all of them. Of course don't over play all the people but appearences would be nice. I'm all for the Jan and baby thing :D Maybe the baby will try to pull something using the force and Jan has to slap him/her on the hand. LOL, raising a force sensitive child, now that would be a challenge ;)

Good Points Made. I Agree with all of them. Of course don't over play all the people but appearences would be nice. I'm all for the Jan and baby thing Maybe the baby will try to pull something using the force and Jan has to slap him/her on the hand. LOL, raising a force sensitive child, now that would be a challenge

I can see it now - Dark Forces 5: Jedi Knight 4: Jedi Outcast 3: Jedi Academy 2: Bringing Up Baby.

Better not let that one get around, though, people will want to be seeing a trailer for THAT next.

I can see it now - Dark Forces 5: Jedi Knight 4: Jedi Outcast 3: Jedi Academy 2: Bringing Up Baby. Better not let that one get around, though, people will want to be seeing a trailer for THAT next.

Hehe... Just kidding all of ya :D but on a serious note: I do hope we do see some cameos. But nothing too new. I haven't really read the books so I'm a bit foggy on the characters.

Archived