Home

Life on the zone?

Well, I had my first game on the zone last night. It's true not many people are playing proper RM games, but when I hosted a 1v1 RM someone joined me straight away! As for the standard of play, my first impression is that it's not that great. I put my game up as rook/low inter but I won easily! Then we had a rematch with the other guy hosting and I won again! To be fair it was his first time on the zone as well, so maybe this shows that new people are coming in, but they also need to learn and improve if the game's going to stay alive until a sequel. This guy wanted to play on a large map (for 1v1!), which just said to me "I can't rush and I'm scared of rushers". He just stayed in his corner and let me take over the rest of the map while I scared him with strike drops, pummel drops and a fortress drop which he didn't even detect for until my dark troopers were in his base (and he thought he was doing well cos his fighters were slauhgtering my workers, but by that time I'd collected so many resources that I could actually afford to let my workers be slaughtered!!!).

Anyway, I'll probably have a go at the spotlight tourney tonight and I'll probably get knocked out in the first round. The way I'm playing, a properly good player should be able to kill me in about 15 minutes...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived