Home

Randy told to shut up, refuses

Randy? I just read the entire rant:

Because, and it pains me to report this, Dear Readers, but Randy and I get letters like this every week.

This is the only mention of Randy.

D'you think that 'Gaston' fellow is related to a certain dimi?

ADVENTURE GAME: A computer/video game wherein the gameplay is a mixture of story, exploration and puzzle solving (in almost ANY ratio of the three), WITHOUT containing SIGNIFICANT combat elements.

Agreed. Whether a game goes in 3D or not doesn't matter.

What makes a game no longer a "pure" adventure game is adding in a combat system, like that found in SH2 (great action/adventure game, BTW).

SOD is a pure adventure and it's in 3D -- no combat period.

That article was good read.

That was a great article and pretty much said all that had to be said.

Kind of the excact same thing Stinger, Marek and Intrepid(and others) have been saying all the time. But no one listened then, why should they listen now...

*sigh*

On the one hand, it's understandable that those who prefer cerebral stimuli as opposed to physical would naturally be more sensitive, and thus expressive about what they like and don't like in adventure games. Yet no excuse exists for puerile tantrums like the letter he mentions.

People like that need a year of hang-time with nothing but Pong. Nothing like a little gaming hardship to put perspective on petty, asinine whining.

Originally posted by Homoludens

D'you think that 'Gaston' fellow is related to a certain dimi?

What in the world makes you think that? :rolleyes:

The article was great. The best one I've ever read on JA actually.

BK: The Sleeping Dragon

Can anyone care to explain to me what BK stands for?

Well, by the same rule, it'd be because Oddworld has an overarching "combat" system (you know, X to jump, O to hit or whatever). Not saying I agree with it -- I haven't actually put enough thought into it to say one way or another.

*sigh*

Congratulations, phil(sie?). Because I have nothing better to do, you just became a part of my sig.

You see, the humor is that people usually put comments other people make about them in their sig, and I'm doing the same, except that your comment sheds absolutely no light on my identity. In case you wanted the joke laid out for you. See, that was one of those jokes where I explain the joke in excruciating detail, and then realize that that's no longer funny, as it's been done about a million times.

It's a dark comedy.

Archived