Home

The Legend of Monkey Island Fanfiction

This is a fan-fiction story I was writing back in the old forums. Version 1.0 was deleted with the old forums. Version 1.1 never has and never will be released. It was horrible. Tell me what you think. Also, I took the time to space over all the paragraphs, So WHY DIDN'T IT WORK????

The Legend of Monkey Island

Version 1.2

This Fan-Fiction Story Was Written By: monkey_05_06

Prologue 1

In a normal, average world, two parents try their best to raise their children. Like all parents, they hope that their children grow to become normal, hardworking citizens. Perhaps at a place like Burgers of the Caribbean. Their hopes for their children however, will be crushed by what is to come, as they would soon find out…

"Mom! Dad! Wake up! Today you promised to take us to Big Whoop remember?"

"I'm up. I'm up already. Come on, it's no use still pretending you're asleep. He knows we're awake."

"Alright. I'm getting up."

"Yea!"

"Shut up dorkus face."

"You shut up pea brain bully head." You know. Sometimes I just wish Chuckie would leave me alone. I had every right to be excited. I'd never been to Big Whoop Amusement Park, but from what I've heard, it's the best place ever.

"You two stop fighting or we aren't going."

"Yes ma'am." Chuckie and I replied simultaneously.

Once my mom and dad got ready we walked down to the ferry. Luckily we only lived about an hour's ferry ride from Big Whoop.

Once we got there, I said I wanted to ride The Mumbo Wumbo, but Chuckie said that it was a kiddy ride.

"Let's go ride The Roller Coaster of Death, I hear it's great!" said Chuckie.

We headed on over, only to find that I was too short.

"Now Guybrush, I want you to go sit on that bench over there and wait for us to get back. I don't want you running off again."

"Yes mother." I said perhaps a little too coldly. However, how was I to know it would be the last time I would ever see her?

"Yeah Guybrush, you sit here like a good little boy while us big kids go ride on the real rides.," said Chuckie.

Ooh. That was the last straw. I was gonna run away, and never, and I mean NEVER come back. That would show them. Treating me like a little kid just because my growth had been stunted. As soon as they turned their backs I headed off toward the ferry.

"The next ferry will be arriving in 5 minutes.," said a woman at the front of the small crowd.

5 minutes pass…

I got on the ferry, but just barely. It was a good thing I'm so small.

Approximately an hour passes…

I got off the ferry, and headed off toward my house. Once there, I threw all my clothes in a small suitcase and picked the lock to my mom and dad's room.

I took all the money I could find, about 2000 pieces of eight they had stored up in the 'Savings' bucket, and ran. I can't really remember what happened next. There it all gets a little blurry.

Meanwhile… Back at Big Whoop Amusement Park, Chuckie and his parents had just got on the ride. They climbed for what seemed like 5 minutes, and then came the plunge. Now this was no ordinary plunge. It was THE plunge. Yes, that's right, they had just entered a portal to heck.

Here, in the few brief moments, a demon, who for safety reasons shall remain nameless for the time being, possessed Chuckie's body. As this happened, Chuckie was transformed into LeChuck!

As they exit the ride, Guybrush's parents notice something strange. It would seem that Guybrush was missing! Oh no! They sent Chuckie, who unbeknownst to them, had become LeChuck, to check the kiddy rides, while they checked the Lost and Found department.

Taking this moment while Chuckie's parents weren't looking, LeChuck ran from the island, just as Guybrush had done previously. Their parents were doomed to forever more wait for Guybrush or LeChuck to return to the Lost and Found.

They would, of course one day return, but by then, it would be too late…

Years pass…

LeChuck is sitting down to dinner with the beautiful governess of the entire Tri-Island area, Elaine Marley. LeChuck proposes to her, however she only invited him to dinner out of gratitude for a good deed done, not because she had liked him.

"Drop dead LeChuck.," she replied.

Thinking his one good deed had not been enough, he set off to do more. He needed something big. He suddenly had an idea. If he could solve The Secret of Monkey Island™, Elaine would be so impressed, she would fall desperately in love with him.

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, as the case may be, a storm sank LeChuck's ship, dooming him to forever sail the seas between Mêlée Island™ and Monkey Island™.

More years pass…

Captain's Log of the S. S. Guybrush's Little Raft:

'I haven't seen land in a couple of weeks, but if my calculations are correct-'

"Woah! An island! It must be. It's gotta be… Monkey Island™."

Splash!

"Wait a seco-… I can't swi-…"

Somewhere between half an hour and 45 minutes pass…

I found myself laying in the sand.

"I wanna be a pirate." I heard myself say, although I have no idea what made me say it. Well, I obviously had come here seeking my fortune as a pirate.

I couldn't remember where I had come from, but with these sudden impulses urging me to become a pirate, I at least knew why I had come here. I found a trail up the cliff side to a cliff where I saw a fire. I started up the path on the way to seek my fortune.

Chapter 1: The Secret of Monkey Island

Deep in the Caribbean… The Island of Mêlée…

I got to the top of the cliff where I noticed an old man. He was looking out over the sea. "Hi! My name's Guybrush Threepwood, and I want to be a pirate!" I said to him.

"Yikes! Don't sneak up on me like that!" he replied turning only halfway around.

"Er… I'm over this way." He turned around and I noticed he had on sunglasses. "Why do you have on sunglasses in the middle of the night?"

"Because, I'm blind! Ah! Well, then, Thriftweed-"

"THREEPWOOD. Guybrush THREEPWOOD."

"I see."

"I thought you said you were blind. How can a blind man see? It's a miracle! He can see!"

"It's a figure of speech jerk. So, you want to be a pirate, eh? You look more like a flooring inspector. But if you're serious about pirating, go talk to the pirate leaders. You'll find them in the Scumm Bar."

"Gosh, thanks! I'll do that! Bye now. I'm off to seek my fortune!"

"Good luck. You're gonna need it."

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

"Um… Where did you say those pirate leaders were?"

"The SCUMM BAR."

"Right. Thanks."

Part One

The Three Trials

I took a set of stairs down off the cliff toward the town. I noticed a poster on my search for the bar and read it aloud to myself: "Re-elect Governor Marley. 'When there's only one candidate, there's only one choice.'" Well, it had a point. That's when I noticed the picture. She was the most beautiful person I had ever set eyes on.

I continued my search for the bar. My search led me across a small pier. Looking into the water, I saw many sharp and potentially dangerous objects. Good thing they were in the water and I wasn't.

I came upon a small building and read the sign on the front. It read: "SCUMM BAR" This must be it. I opened the door and walked in.

All the pirates in the bar stopped what they were doing and looked at me. I took a step through the door.

"Ahoy there, stranger. Come on now, sit down boy.," said one of the pirates and I looked to my left. He was holding out a chair, so I sat down. A couple of minutes later, everyone returned to their grog. "New in town?" he asked.

"My name's Guybrush Threepwood. I'm new in town.," I replied.

"Guybrush Threepwood? Ha ha ha!!! That's the stupidest name I've ever heard!"

"Well what's YOUR name?" I asked sounding slightly more insulted than I had intended to.

"My name is Mancomb Seepgood.," he said wiping the smile off his face and giving me a look as though daring me to laugh. So what brings you to Mêlée Island™ anyway?"

"I want to be a pirate!" I stated firmly, though I still had no idea why.

"Oh, really? You should go talk to the important-looking pirates in the next room. They're pretty much in charge around here. They can tell you where to go and what to do."

"Where can I find the governor?" I asked suddenly remembering that poster I had seen on my way to the bar.

"Governor Marley?" he asked incredulously, as though everyone should know this, "She has a mansion on the other side of town. But pirates aren't as welcome around her place as they used to be."

"Why not?"

"Well, the last time she had a pirate over for dinner, he fell in love with her. It's made things rather uncomfortable for everybody."

"How's that?"

"Well there's a whole big story about what happened next… But I don't believe a word of it. Estevan over there at the other table might tell you about it. He takes the whole thing seriously. Very seriously.," he smiled as he said this, "Uh-oh, it looks like my grog is going flat, so you'll have to excuse me. Nice talking to you. Have fun on Mêlée Island™."

I got up to go speak with this Estevan character, and then the Important-Looking pirates in the next room.

"What are you looking at me for?" asked the pirate Mancomb had pointed out as Estevan.

"I'd like to introduce myself… my name's Guybrush."

"Yeah, so what?"

"Who's this pirate that's bugging the Governor?"

"LeChuck?" he exclaimed as his eyes grew wide, "He's that guy that went over to the Governor's for dinner and never wanted to leave. He fell for her in a big way, but she told him to drop dead. So he did. Then things really got ugly."

"What's so scary about this LeChuck guy?"

"LeChuck was a fearsome pirate. He tried to impress the Governor by sailing off to find the Secret of Monkey Island™. But a mysterious storm came up and sank his ship leaving no survivors. We thought that was the end of the fearsome pirate LeChuck. We were wrong.," he stated his eyes growing wide again.

"What happened then?"

"He still sails the waters between here and Monkey Island™. His ghost ship an unholy terror upon the sea. That's why we're all in here and not out pirating."

"Excuse me, but I'm looking for the dart board.," thought I have no idea why I said it, that seems to be happening a lot lately. I had no time to play darts.

"Dart board? We don't have one anymore. There was a horrible accident. Drinking and darts don't mix."

"Where can I get a drink?"

"A drink? Well, you could wait for the cook to notice you, but that could take all day. Just find a mug and sneak into the kitchen. That's what we all do. Look this whole LeChuck thing has me pretty shaken up. So if you don't mind…"

Well, next I was off to see the Important-Looking pirates. Well, I was. That is until I noticed this man with a button that said: "Ask Me About LOOM." I couldn't resist.

"Aye.," the man said as I walked up.

"Aye, yourself.," I replied.

"Aye.," he said again.

"Nice hat.," I stated nodding at the had he was wearing with "Cobb" written on it. I guessed that must be his name.

"Aye.," he remarked yet again.

"So, tell me about LOOM."

His eyes lit up as he replied, "You mean the latest masterpiece of fantasy storytelling from Lucasfilm's™ Brian Moriarty™? Why it's an extraordinary adventure with an interface of magic; stunning, high-resolution, 3D landscapes; sophisticated score and musical effects. Not to mention the detailed animation and special effects, elegant point 'n' click control of characters, objects, and magic spells. Beat the rush! Go out and buy Loom™ today!" all the while little green lights in his eyes were flashing "<ADVERTISEMENT>." His face returned to normal.

"Geeze, what an obvious sales pitch."

"Sorry, but on some topics I just get carried away."

"Nice talking to you."

"Aye."

As I was headed to the next room, divided by a curtain, a small black dog there growled at me.

"Grrrrr."

Well, I wasn't gonna let him just get away with that.

"Woof."

"WOOF? Aruff roof! Woof-woof arf woof, warroof, Mêlée Island™! …a-roof wuf: LeChuck! Grrrrrrr!"

"Wuf, 'LeChuck?'"

"Worf woof woof ruff-ruff, Wor-roof wuf? Ruff arf-arf, bow-ruff, Governor Marley! A-OOOOOOO! A-OOOOOOO! (ruff ruff ruff) Bow-roo wuf rowwf-Arrooof-LeChuck! GRRRRRRRRR! Arf oof-oof, Monkey Island™! *sniff* *sniff*"

Well, that was very informative. I now knew that LeChuck's secret hideout was on Monkey Island. Something told me if I wanted to be with Governor Marley I would have to get LeChuck out of the picture first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, yes, I know you all love it...

No, I'm not giving up, it's just taking a while to get any significant work done. Even more now that I started playing Zelda OoT which is taking up much of my time now. Well, I'm having trouble with the part I'm at now. Maybe I'll just devote the rest of the summer to this. Yes. Well please be patient. I'm having to play the games to get (well most of)the exact dialogue. So, be patient, and wait. Gee, how redundant! I'll update it tomorrow irregardless of how little I get done okay? I've only spent about 3 or 4 hours on it since I last updated, so... Don't expect too much more. Sorry about the post lining up too! I tried to move it over, but like I said, didn't work! L8ER

Actually, so far, I've only gotten through with talking to the important looking pirates, and my gosh that got old fast, because I tried to give you all some idea of who was talking...

Since I can't attach attachments here, visit

http://www.fangames.co.uk/forum/attachments/text-only-milegend.txt

:D I attached it to another forum, at Fangames.co.uk, and that's where the link will take you. I even corrected it so it doesn't scroll way off screen! It took me about an hour to fix the .txt conversion, so I hope you like it! (I converted it from MS Word, so I had to do all my own formating...)

Also, I went to bed early last night, so, that's why I waited an extra day. All in all during the 2 days, I got about 6 or 7 hours work in, which seeing as I had to mow the lawn for 3 on one, wasn't hardly allowed on the computer for the other, I think I did okay!

Archived