Home

The Paper Aeroplane Thread!

Agen

I must admit i'm really bad at making paper planes :(

So i decided i would like some tips on it.. please?

Here's my best one :

http://members.lycos.co.uk/pterminator/images/Picture_0072.JPG

Apologies for the size of the photo but with 4.2 million pixels on your camera and being too lazy to resize in PS it's staying liek that. :p

As you can see it's not very good. I would like some tips and would like to see other people's paper aeroplanes :D so start... erm helping me :p

Also if you have any good websites about it please link me up :)

*Next time you have such a large image, just put a link to it please. Thnx - leXX

I could only make what we called 'the jet' (I'm afraid I've got no idea if that's the kind you've made in that photo, it won't load properly on my machine) by folding the paper into a triangle a couple of times inwards and then folding the 'wings' back outwards.

But my Grandad used to make this one that was like a paper hat/boat with a 'tail'-strip sticking out that he'd torn previously. Bizarre :p

EDIT: Here's 'my' one and here's my grandad's.

OMG, here's a UK site ALL ABOUT THEM!!!

Good luck Agen!

:pB.

Paper airplanes have always been fun to play with. In fact almost anything that has to deal with controling flying objects(or RC models in general-tanks are cool) seems fun. I'm currently wanting to attempt an Radio Control X-wing. :x-wing:

As far as paper ones go though I have usually just built planes from books I would normally buy at the "book fairs" and catalogues that they normally give or use to give to elementary school students. I have one book called The Amazing Paper Airplane Book or something like that(its missing in action currently). I've tried on occasion to look on the net for models but typically having a copy of directions that you don't have to use a computer to view is typically a must. As far as internet sites go though I think that: http://www.paperplane.org/ seems to be a great site for paper airplane enthusiasts.(Yes this was just a simple search on google. :rolleyes: ) But if your wanting to learn about flight dynamics to help in the creation of the own planes its got some great information in that area. The creator of the site seems like he would know a lot about paper airplanes(read about him you'll understand).

PS. Anyone know some good starter sites on model creation(so I can study up to create the RC X-wing, need to check if SW.com has dimensions of the spacecraft) as well as starter sites on electronic wiring? PDFs would probably be great here.

More posts here! :D

Archived