"I'm new" threads

Lunatic Jedi

Did you post an "I'm new" thread?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Did you post an "I'm new" thread?

• Yes
    • No

I didn't post a "I'm new" thread for two reasons:

1) I didn't know if I'd be staying long enough to warrant one.

2) I've done it in the past on other forums and either been flamed or completely ignored. This is the first forum I've come across with a true sense of community without being at all 'clique'-ish.

Big up yourselves Swampies! You're all welcome round my house after closing time!*

If I'd known the welcome I'd have gotten, I probably would have posted one. But by the time I realised I was addicte~ erm, staying, I already had about 70 posts so it seemed a bit daft. :rolleyes:

Can I have a spoon anyway?

:DB.

* One at a time, on seperate nights.

Originally posted by Loki GM

I dont think that it would have made a difference because there where no presents that I know of back then (june 2002)

can I have stuff now :D :D :D

Exkweeeeeze Me. I have been doing complementary spoon replica welcome gifts since march 02 :D

So here's a complementary spoon replica welcome gift. :D

Did you post an "I'm new" thread?

I guess posting here counts as posting on an "i'm a noob thread" so technically.... I'm confused :confused:

Here's what I think: People who are new to the forums and post the I'm new threads just want to say hi. Maybe they just arrived here, maybe they've been reading threads for a while and are interested in posting, or maybe they've been going here for the files from jediknightii.net. For whatever reason we should welcome them.

I believe the I'm new threads should be open for 1 week to make them feel special (give them welcome baskets and stuff). After that they should be closed so that the SPAM stays down.

I'm leaving threads are a different matter. It usually means a person is bored with the forums, is mad for some reason because of the system or certain users, or is unable to find the time and/or resources to visit us. Either way we should do the same: Acknowledge their existence, give them a "fare-thee-well basket" and close the thread before the SPAM piles up.

I'm just as guilty of both of these, but I made mine with more than 1 purpose. My I'm new thread was also a tips thread for JKII and my bye bye thread was due to PC problems so I made it a pc help-me-out thread. :)

it's all good :cool:

Usually, stupid statements and repeated questions are a sign of "newnism." (<-New word!) There really isn't a point in creating an entire thread just to say: "I'm new!" or "Yay! First post!" It just reafirms how much of a newnist (<-Another new word!) you really are.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

Here ya go Hertog Jan *gives hertog a complementary replica spoon gift* :D

Best is the business ;)

Whoaaaa... Thx :) I ALMOST bought a replicated replica spoon gift from Thrackan Solo!!! :eek:

But I didn't :) Great huh?! :D

Archived