Home

Metallica Rule!!!

Tesla

Used to mate.

Used to think they were they best band in the damn world :D

Then gradually I got into harder music (Slayer, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Cradle of Filth) and kinda let them go because they were getting 'rock'ier.

Then they were instrumental in the closure of Napster.

Now I wouldn't let them in my house.

But good on ya anyways, they've still made some of the best music I've heard!

:DB.

I started listening to metallica in the late late 80s and early 90s (yes I was a little kid then but still) Metallica is kick ass.

I dont see why people are all of a sudden l ike...Metallica sucks now because they complained about Napster. Hell I would complain about Napster if I wasnt making profit from my music. I will agree that I enjoy the albums before And Justice For All the most, but I still love all the albums even Garage Inc. so you can shoot me for that :p

The newest album I dont like that much musically, I absolutely cannot stand that new bassist. St. Anger is just dumb but I got the cd anyway so that my Metallica cd collection is complete once again :D

check out these other Metallica songs that youd probably like.

Enter Sandman

One

Master of Puppets

Ride the Lightning

Call of the Klutu (sp?)

and many more

[sideline]

Briefly... I understand why Metallica whined like they did. But I don't agree with it. At all.

Why is it that people like Metallica, Phil Collins and Paul McCartney wine about loss of royalties, while artists like Radiohead and Fatboy Slim release their own material onto the 'internet' in advance? What the hell has McCartney got to lose? :mad: 'File Sharing' is no more of a threat to artists than tape-to-taping was in the 80's. Only the quality's better, and you have more 'friends'. Technology - deal with it.

[/sideline] ~ because this thread is not about Napster. :D

Back on topic, I just don't like the music Metallica have put out after the Black Album. Plus, I thought that 3 tours for that album was milking it a bit :p

Peace out, ;)

B.

Edited for spelling and clarity ;)

Originally posted by Semicolon

Heh I like their Star Wars Imperial March and St.Anger intro..Havn't heard much else though....

They didn't do that march thing, someone else just rode on their name..

Metallica is by far my favorite band. St. Anger is okay, but I'm listening to everything before it more.

Heres some songs I recommend:

No Remorse

The Four Horsemen

Ride the Lightning

Fade to Black

Creepy Death

Master of Puppets

Orion

Blackened

Sanitarium

To Live is To Die

Enter Sandman

My Friend of Misery

Nothing Else Matters

Fuel

Also, if you want something different, get some apocalpytica versions of these sonds. Apoc is a foriegn band that mostly covers metallica using only cellos.

Originally posted by BLaCKouT_1138

Then gradually I got into harder music (Slayer, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Cradle of Filth) and kinda let them go because they were getting 'rock'ier.

Cannibal Corpse? Slayer? Cradle of fifth?

Oh dear!

Aren't you gonna say that you listen to Slipknot and Lividity too?

I THOUGHT ONLY MADMEN LISTENED TO DEATH METAL!!!

wait a sec, are you a madman?

Originally posted by KBell

YEah, i used to like MEtallica too, till they started bitching about Napster, which really got me peeved off

I agree full heartedly. I was going to say the exact same thing. But ya beat me. ;)

Originally posted by legameboy

Doesn't anyone like classical music. *Runs and cowers in corner listening to Mozart again*?

Yeah, I love classical music. You have to if you truely love the art of music. It's just breath taking. Too much emotion to ignore. So yes, I love classical music.

Originally posted by |GlobensGeng|

Aren't you gonna say that you listen to Slipknot and Lividity too?

I THOUGHT ONLY MADMEN LISTENED TO DEATH METAL!!!

Dude, Slipknot ain't Death Metal! They're about as 'death' as S Club 7 :p And no I dont' like them anyway. Or Lividity.

Anyways, that was a long time ago, I listen to a very wide range of things these days. Stil love Slayer though :D

Originally posted by RayJones

THUMBS UP FOR METALLICA! (yeah they have the lice to rockit.)

They have lice? Eeurgh.

That must be why they all had their hair cut :p

B.

Originally posted by BLaCKouT_1138

Dude, Slipknot ain't Death Metal! They're about as 'death' as S Club 7 :p And no I dont' like them anyway. Or Lividity.

Anyways, that was a long time ago, I listen to a very wide range of things these days. Stil love Slayer though

I agree, slipknot is in no way death metal. And slayer rocks. I personally am partial to Marilyn Mansons old stuff.

Archived