Home

Lightsaber Poll

Rockstar

Which Lighsaber style are u gonna use in MP?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which Lighsaber style are u gonna use in MP?

• Lightsaber (single)
    • Lightstaff
    • Dual Lightsabers

No maul wannabee's, you can only be female zabrak :D

I'll be a Kel Dor using an orange lightstaff, pack your bags, you have a one way ticket to reincarnation as a caterpillar.

EDIT: I accidentally voted for single bladed saber, take one from single and add one to lightstaff :sweating:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget, there'll be mods, so there's gonna be male Zabraks sooner or later. :p

So you're gonna be a neutral-ish or Light-side Jedi? I'm questioning it 'cause of the saber color, being Orange, which means you don't devote yourself to the religion of the Force but you do use your powers to fight against evil, yet hard to master and it's rare when human Jedi use 'em.

So you're gonna be a neutral-ish or Light-side Jedi? I'm questioning it 'cause of the saber color, being Orange, which means you don't devote yourself to the religion of the Force but you do use your powers to fight against evil, yet hard to master and it's rare when human Jedi use 'em.

Huh?

That's not entirely true... I used to go to a website of someone's named Hexx Noku (who for now just has whatever wallpaper he has on for some odd reason), and it had a detailed description of what each of the six lightsaber colors mean. I dunno the exact meanings off the back of my head, forgetting some... A true neutral color is something like Purple or Yellow, Orange is not-as so neutral, more light-sided than dark-sided and fighting evil. Yellow deals more with power, disagreeing with (at least some of) the ways of the Old Republic. Though in some cases, and I believe rare, some Jedi who use it has a mission to die quickly (I.E. Yun)... Well don't jump to conclusions, remember Kyle Katarn? He'd have more of a yellow or purple saber IMHO, if not an orange one one like in MotS, as yellow mainly deals with power (and is neutral, or a color where the Jedi, light dark or just neither, is confused on what path to take), purple is more neutral, impure, and blue is purely good, still learning (or something... Go ask Hexx Noku wherever he may be, I dunno...), red is pure evil, devotion to the dark side, and creating a red-bladed lightsaber takes more power, and the crystals used are synthetic, not natural. Green is a full devotion to the light side of the force, more peaceful too, and sometimes jedi who use it might have a tendancy to go out into a garden or something (just doing my best to recall some of the memory I had on lightsaber colors' meanings)...

Originally posted by Prime

I'm 28, which probably makes me one of the older folks around here. :)

... but also young enough to not be an anachronism like myself (and some others who can remain nameless ;) ) ... look at it this way ... someone quoted my age in the 'age poll' and said something like 'wow, I wish my parents were so cool to be into JKII and stuff like that ...' Yikes! And he wasn't at the youngest end, IIRC :eek:

Ah well, time to go with my wife and kids (5.5 and almost 7) on vacation for the rest of the week ... going here amongst other stuff (before they're too old ... obviously I'll never be too old ;) ).

Mike

Originally posted by Ulic Qel-Droma

i acctually think i will use all of them, making diffrent caracthers to test all of the dirffrent abilities they give, and it will add more variation to the game aswell :)

What he said. But for my first character I'll use a single lightsabre.

Hi, guys.

First of all, yeah, I'm new to the forums, so I'm not quite sure of what's been spoken of before, but I'd just like to raise a quick point. The thread here has gone from "what type of sabre" to "what colour sabre", and I couldn't help but wonder if anyone else had noticed that, for the dual sabres, at least, there hasn't been a single screenshot/part in the trailer where both dual sabres being used by a skin had the same colour. They've been orange and purple, or green and blue. Sure, in Episode 2, Anakin used a green and blue sabre against Count Dooku, but that was only because Obi-Wan's sabre was green when he passed it to Anakin.

A good observation, but I suspect that you'll be able to select the colour of all your sabers, either different or the same. If not, mods will make so you can in no time.

Welcome to the forums, by the way :D

Thanks. :)

In all fairness, I suspect that the dual sabres were kept different colours to 'show them off' more during the demos and screenshots, so observers would be able to tell them apart easier. Although it -would- be a let down to have them different colours. I'm rather partial to purple.

i think that you should be able to get different coloured sabers for duel sabers.... why not? they are 2 seperate sabers? lol how does colour give you an advantage heheh?

its kinda stupid the extent when episode 1 came out it that every1 had this steriotype of colours

- evil = red

- apprentice = blue

- master = green

however, this obviously was just either chance or because they liked the look of these colours on the 2 jedi. episode 2 cleared this sterio type up well. many of the jedi we saw had different colours, so it was almost irrelevant what colour they used. further more ANIKIN HAS THE GREEN LIGHTSABER and obiwan threw a blue one two him, not the other way around

oops! i babled :o . lol. im a single blader myself, but i say nothin at all wrong with duels having 2 colours :)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that colour doesn't affect the blade at all, nor do I mind having two blades of different colours, if that's what it comes down to. But, at the same time, I'd just like some uniformity. Besides, after reading some of these posts, as well as chatting to people in my JK/JO clan, there are many people who place a value on the colour of their lightsabre.

As for who had which sabre, and who threw what...I stand corrected, but it was still a ridiculous fight. If Hayden Christiansen knew anything about sword stage-fighting (or he had been taught by people at LucasArts), they would have been able to do something more than have the majority of the Dooku fight as a series of close-ups, in the X-Files fashion. You know, "let's have all the lights out so the fight looks more impressive". Now, I'm not saying I'm a Sabre expert, nor am I saying I know anything more than basic fencing and kendo stuff, but I found the whole duel to be a let-down, until Yoda showed up. And even then...did Yoda remind anyone else of a JO player with Force Jump up on it's highest setting, using the blue fighting style?

ok ok ok

there is one veeerry important factor hear. the dude that plays dooku (mental block, i can't remember his name) is 80!! so i dunno if he couldn't done a full paced fight

the duel was poorly directed, i agree. it was great when anikin was spinning with teh 2 sabers but once he hit the lights it was just so poorly done. after anikin was defeated and yoda showed up, i thought the fight was GREAT! the only complaint was that it was so short, but we needed a reason for someone to survive an encounter with yoda lol, so its justifyable, but by no means was yoda crap!!

tho i agree how annoying the camera work was after Hayden cut the lights (its not his choice tho..... we have our great founding farther lucas, who was great but i think has gotten up himself and tried to complex the great starwars saga ....)

i know that in phantom menace the fights were slowed down, but i don't think Lee coulda had the ability to do the moves a full ball saber fight, however, he was fine when he fought the other 2, so i blame lucas

In interesting thing to remember about George Lucas is that, whilst he fully admits that Empire was the best movie so far, he doesn't always relay that he only wrote the story for that movie. He didn't direct it, and unless I'm mistaken, didn't write the screenplay, either.

I think Episode 3 should be done the same way. Otherwise, we're going to have a scene where we discover that Jar-Jar is actually a Jedi, or some other rubbish like that.

Anyway, back to the actual -thread- I enjoy the thought about having dual sabres (as people may have already guessed), however I'll probably be sticking to the single sabre in MP, unless one of the other methods strikes me as better.

lol at jar jar the jedi! lmao!

yes the fault with the prequals is that they are just really a bit too stupid. i know that its meant to be a fantacy, but the first series was a work of art.. these are just so childish....

looks like the lead is tied with single and duel sabers!!

common single blade !! :D

Joe (and others, along the way) have made a good point.

Whilst we all sit here and say which type of sabre we're going to use, we can't honestly be sure. None of us have played the game, and outside of using the "thedestroyer" code in JO (which I won't count as a true double bladed sabre) we don't know how anything will play. Sure, we have the trailer (and pleeeeeease don't have us going onto another conversation about the mystical 2nd Trailer) but we can only see video of the actions, and not the controls used. The single sabre will no doubt retain most of it's JO controls (And I hope, none from JK) but what of the others? I'm aware of various mods for JO that have sprung up recently in an attempt to deal with these issues, but I've been unimpressed.

(Just as a side-note, I don't mean to disparage the work of people who create mods. I love 'em, can't get enough of them...but dual sabres in JO won't work)

Personally, I'm going to reserve judgement in this matter until I actually play the game, and see what the controls are like. When that happens, I'll be more than happy to share my opinions with the rest of you....especially since the UK gets it on September 5th, and the US gets it...the 17th?

...And those are my thoughts on the matter.

Archived