Home

Dark Forces / Mercenary Kyle

Infinity Blade

In case you haven't been tuned into the Dark Forces Mod Forum, my Kyle model is basically done now. It's an interpretation of Kyle from the original Dark Forces video game, and I think it turned out well. I might do a minor texture touch up or two, but that's about it.

I've decided since that there is already a 'Dark Forces Kyle" out there, I'll call my model "Mercenary Kyle". Just a name change for the file's public release....

Here's a couple of screens...

Cutscene Shots, 2 from Valley of the Jedi, 1 from Yavin before Desann.

Regular Shots, Front and Back of default skin, Red and Blue team skins.

I should be releasing it really soon, and thought I'd at least out the info out for those who might be interested.

It also sounds like there might be an update to the Dark Forces Mod Demo with this as well. If you're interested in the Dark Forces mod, check out it's forums, and the website once it's back up!

I planned on it having an SP addition from the very beginning. I figure that if any model I make I'd like to play SP, I'll create a version for it.

The file I'll submit will have two pk3's included: One with the textures, multiplayer stuff, etc... Then one with the SP replacement.

To keep the size down, the SP replacement just points to the multiplayer version for all the texture data, so both pk3's need to be in the base folder at the same time for it to work. When you only want the multiplayer model, you just remove the SP pk3.

I've also included a first person lightsaber skin file and the fading arms texture...

Yes.... There is a way I know of around that, but it has a couple drawbacks....

I can use the Npcs.cfg to point to the folder that contains my new model, but not only will that override any custom npcs.cfg that a person might already have, I also had a rather odd effect with some of the cutscene animations.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/npcs-kylefolder.gif

I figured that this method is best for now, and I don't think anyone would mind. All you have to do to turn it off is move/delete the sp replacement pk3 out of the base folder, and leave the regular pk3 there.

that is truly excellent work...

good luck with it, and any other future workings you grace jk2 with

(off topic: will you do any modelling for jedi academy,ive asked alot of modelers this recently)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived