Home

Sub-forums for the permanent forum

What sub-forums should we have on the permanent forum. Should we have the same we had on the old MILegend forums?

If I remember correctly it was something like this:

-[b]General Discussion[/b]:
   General Monkey Island discussion
   Off-topic
   Fanfiction
   Help
-[b]Monkey Island[/b]:
   The Secret of Monkey Island
   LeChuck's Revenge: Monkey Island 2
   The Curse of Monkey Island
   Monkey Island 5
-[b]The Legend of Monkey Island[/b]
   Site feedback
   Forum feedback

Maybe on the future forum we should reduce the Monkey Island categorie to only two forums:

Monkey Island 1-4

Monkey Island 5

What do you guys think?

I think we should leave out the help forum and let everybody post his/her questions in the specific game sub-forum (by the way, I think we should keep all five of them). The help forum brought a lot of confusion along.....first of all for new members.

Besides that I think we should stick to the old system.

True they might, but if you put the forum description clear enough. Then i think the most n00best of the n00bs can tell the diffrence. :)

And besides thats what mods are for, to move threads and delete spam and lock off topic threads. Just my two cents. :D

The problem here is that newbies don't read descriptions. Mods can move them but our old forums had a lot of moved threads.

I think the Help forum is really needed in case they want to make general help questions like "where can I get all Monkey Island games?", etc..

I think general discussion is basicly the indivual forums anyway If you removed them and let all that stuff be posted in general. We should then have a MI 5 board as that is always hot disucsion then the fan Stuff forum and Help.

We should then place Offtopic and Games forums in another section then finally have one feedback forum as two would be a bit overkill as feedback threads are not that often posted.

-General Discussion:

General Monkey Island discussion

Monkey Island 5

Fanfiction

Help

-Offtopic:

Offtopic

Games forum

-The Legend of Monkey Island

Feedback

It should be as it was before.

General Discussion

- Monkey Island Discussion

- Off-topic discussion

- Games Forum

- Fan Art/Fan Fiction

- Help forum

Monkey Island Discussion

- The Secret of Monkey Island

- LeChuck's Revenge

- The Curse of Monkey Island

- Escape from Monkey Island

- Monkey Island 5

The Legend of Monkey Island

- Site Feedabck

- Forum Feedback

- Announcements

The only reason I would surgest my arangement is because even as a mod I'm not sure sometime if something should be in general discussion or in the seperate MI forums. There is too much of an overlap between them and so the seperate forums can go a long time with no posts at all.

mh...i think that general discussion goes along with a help-board pretty well..so why don't make it one... general MI-discussion+help, the overview would be far easier and questions would not be repeated all the time in the different sub-forums

About the fanart..we're going to use phpBB and it doesn't support post attachments which means that the fanfiction/fanart forum might not make sense. Anyway, the new forum is already done and ready to run. We're just waiting for the backups (which I'm still not sure if we will be able to convert to phpBB2) and the dedicated server.

P.s.: Does anyone remember or have the sub-forums descriptions, it would eb appreciated :)

ahhh i see

mh...i looked for a screenshot...but i guess i deleted it...

but the descriptions were something like that as far as I remember:

Off-Topic: Talk about everything else/not MI-related stuff in here

Games Forum: All your Forum Games in here POST COUNT 0

General Monkey Island Diskussion: Everything MI-related NOT A HELP-FORUM

well something like that

Why don't we just make new ones up?

Monkey Island

Talk everything you want that is in any way related to Monkey Island 1, 2, 3, 4 or the whole set. You can talk from Charles L. Charles' ridiculous name to the mistery of Guybrush's pants. Note: NOT A HELP FORUM

Monkey Island 5

Know something we don't know about this upcoming game? Want to share some thoughts or ideas about the next Monkey Island game? It's all in this forum.

Help

Having trouble getting somewhere and the site doesn't help? Crashes, bugs, technical problems that you can't fix? Post all those problems here or just help someone out.

Off-topic discussion

In here, you can talk about everything you want that doesn't fit in any other forum. You can discuss from how many cells a sheet has or chit-chat the latest movies. All advertisments, even Monkey Island related, go in here.

Forum games

Those itty-bitty funny little games go in this forum, even Monkey Island related ones. Post the game or just go along playing it. Note: POSTS COUNT 0 HERE.

Site and forum feedback

Is there a problem with our site or forum? You have new ideas for our site or forum? All those stuff are posted here. Announcements are here too.

I have a lot of spare time...

Archived