Home

Lurker just stopping in for a quick qustion.

LoadAsano

ive been lurking around these boards for a couple of days now mainly for the star wars galaies forums. ive been a fan of the originals but now with the gme ive become interested in possibly getting into the expanded universe. any sggestions for a n00b?

oh and i am an avid comics reader so include comis by all means!

greetings asano...

yes, i would highly recommend u indulge yourself in the highly exciting world of the star wars expanded universe.... u'll be blown away by the wealth of material provided by the hundreds of comics, books, games etc.

anyway.... i would suggest u start off with the THRAWN TRILOGY (3 books: heir to the empire, dark force rising & last command) by timothy zahn...they're widely regarded as the best-written books in the star wars galaxy and would help bring your interest in the EU to a whole new level.

the NJO, like phreak said, is a great series...but honestly, it's a bad idea to start off with coz u'll have no idea what's going on (what?! luke's married? and han's got kids?! and who the hell is the wedge antilles guy?...). u'd be better off reading the other books first...

so basically...

MUST READS:

thrawn trilogy

hand of thrawn duology

and after that...NJO

SHOULD READS:

x-wing series (both the comix & the novels...but the novels especially for their storyline)

Shadows of the Empire

I, Jedi

i had some other things i wanted to add...but i've forgotten them now.

o yeah, Comix! read the x-wing:rogue squadron series (especially the miniarcs IN THE EMPIRE'S SERVICE, MANDATORY RETIREMENT & THE MAKING OF BARON FEL) the ongoing republic series, the empire series....open seasons is a GREAT series. it features jango fett and the mandalorians, so it's guaranteed that there'll be some hard-core action in it.

hope i've been of some help.

greetings asano...

yes, i would highly recommend u indulge yourself in the highly exciting world of the star wars expanded universe.... u'll be blown away by the wealth of material provided by the hundreds of comics, books, games etc.

anyway.... i would suggest u start off with the THRAWN TRILOGY (3 books: heir to the empire, dark force rising & last command) by timothy zahn...they're widely regarded as the best-written books in the star wars galaxy and would help bring your interest in the EU to a whole new level.

the NJO, like phreak said, is a great series...but honestly, it's a bad idea to start off with coz u'll have no idea what's going on (what?! luke's married? and han's got kids?! and who the hell is the wedge antilles guy?...). u'd be better off reading the other books first...

so basically...

MUST READS:

thrawn trilogy

hand of thrawn duology

and after that...NJO

SHOULD READS:

x-wing series (both the comix & the novels...but the novels especially for their storyline)

Shadows of the Empire

I, Jedi

i had some other things i wanted to add...but i've forgotten them now.

o yeah, Comix! read the x-wing:rogue squadron series (especially the miniarcs IN THE EMPIRE'S SERVICE, MANDATORY RETIREMENT & THE MAKING OF BARON FEL) the ongoing republic series, the empire series....open seasons is a GREAT series. it features jango fett and the mandalorians, so it's guaranteed that there'll be some hard-core action in it.

hope i've been of some help.

Archived