Home

favorite mokey island moment

Hey every one, the purpose of this thread is pretty self explanitory I guess, but I'll give you the basic idea anyway: In this thread you all share your favorite MI moments from any of the games. I said it was basic didn't I?

So I'll start:

My favorite MI moment (or the only one i can think of right now) is in MI3, when you first get to skull island, and it plays all of this ominous music as the camera scrolls up to show the "skull" shaped peak of the island, and you realize that it's actually shaped like a duck (or a bunny if you tilt your head and squint).

I also like how Guybrush pronounces Madame Xima's name in CMI ("Madame Exima").

• 2 weeks later...

From SoMI

Guybrush to navigator's head "well maybe i'll just take the necklace"

Navigator: "If i wanted to i could leave you stranded here for all of eternity"

Guybrush: "If i wanted to i could drop kick you into the lava"

Navigator: " .. .. . . fair enough."

something along those lines..

By far my favorite line of the whole series is the conversation between Guybrush and Mancomb in the Scumm Bar in SOMI. I can't remember the exact lines, but it was something like

Guybrush-"My name is Guybrush Threepwood"

Pirate-"Guybrush Threepwood? That's the stupidest name I've ever heard!"

Guybrush-"Oh yea? Well, what's your name then?"

Pirate-"My name is Mancomb Seepgood"

hahaha I still laugh at that.

What about, as I mentioned above, when Guybrush discovers Murry in the Crypt.

I liked Murry's acting when he and Guybrush were making shadow puppets

MURRY- "...I will hide your keys beneath your uphosted furnature..AND NEVER MORE WILL YOU BE ABLE TO FIND SOCKS THAT MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:guybrush:

:) Ok. Si i forgot me passwords and stuff. I registered again and i was in Star Wars (or trek) section and i was like "what the heck?". So i registered meself (oh, i love Ozzie Mandrill) in and now I'm here to ask

WHY!? *in a loud, dramatic way.*

:jawa This is serious, i'm your father.

:evanpiel: Oh, whyyy!?

Cheese. I'm havin so much fun,, :D

Erm. Now u have seen my total dummyness. I forgot what i was doing.

Erm.

My favorite act is in Monkey Island 4, when Guybrush is talking with the hoodoolady.

"Wouldn't that be as hard as insulting me in Finnish?" Hell yea, it would. :D

Man, im going to have to play through them all again, because theres some really great bits. Off the top of my head, when you repeatedly get yourself thrown into Jail, the canibals' reaction is great, as well as the ever-increasing insanity of the security doors :D

• 3 weeks later...

in SOMI i found it amusing when guybrush could argue with that guy from the hook isle, u could pay him out about his lack of hair and stuff. um when u visit the voodoo chick for the first time and shes guessing your name... i found these two amusing when i was younger and i still do. Just depends on the mood :D

That part with the cannibals on MI is funny.

When i was younger the fettucini brothers used to make me laugh heaps...

LCR: Talking to that laundry guy was alright but i havent finished the game yet. Going around and finding the stuff from largo was pretty funny yet also disgusting.... especially wiping his spit off the wall... *blegh*

I know i havent got good moments but i grew up with just SOMI, so the "funny" moments just arent there much anymore and i just got the 4 games on sunday for $42!!! (is that price cheap??)

well, i've just recently begun playing the monkey island series (my cousin hooked me :D ), and my favorite moment was the pirates singing in curse of monkey island (we might avoid scurvy if we eat an orange :p ), mind you though, i've only completed comi and am currently playing somi

funny parts in the secret of monkey island are without a doubt the fettucini brothers, the obvious loom advirtisment and mancomb seepgood making fun of your name :)

Originally posted by

LCR: Talking to that laundry guy was alright but i havent finished the game yet. Going around and finding the stuff from largo was pretty funny yet also disgusting.... especially wiping his spit off the wall... *blegh*

I know i havent got good moments but i grew up with just SOMI, so the "funny" moments just arent there much anymore and i just got the 4 games on sunday for $42!!! (is that price cheap??) [/b]

:eek: where did you get them??? I really really want to buy them, but I can't find them anywhere, so I had to copy it :'(

well for all of you who love the pirate song as much as i did, i found a place online where you can download it in mp3 form!

http://members.tripod.com/~Guybrush888/piratesong.html

as for buying all the games, well you can buy cmi at lucasarts.com with an add-on called monkey island madness, for twenty bucks, and thats three games. as for EMI, is $15 at lucasarts.com also. So really it is very easy to get all 4 games for $35 plus shipping!

well for all of you who love the pirate song as much as i did, i found a place online where you can download it in mp3 form!

http://members.tripod.com/~Guybrush888/piratesong.html

as for buying all the games, well you can buy cmi at lucasarts.com with an add-on called monkey island madness, for twenty bucks, and thats three games. as for EMI, is $15 at lucasarts.com also. So really it is very easy to get all 4 games for about $35 plus shipping!

Archived