Home

WIP Anakin Skywalker

KevinCoyle

Since Anakin's outfit is very similar is structure to obi-wans, just different in texture, I decided I could use a slight variation of the obi-wan body with a different skin for an Anakin Skywalker model. I've been working on this head for the past few days, it still needs work but it's getting there. What do you think?

Anakin Head

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KevinCoyle all your models are looking great!!, I just hope you get to release them and they don't end up abandoned, take your time though, the better they look, the most fun they are to play with. Thanks, keep up the good work.

Here's another update, I messed with the hair a little to make it less bush-like and made several small adjustments to the face to make it look more like him. I also noticed in that his eyes were larger than in my reference picture which might account for why he looked too young. Let me know if it's better now.

Anakin Head 2

My only comment is the hair is too afro like, the face is simply amazing and I can't beleive my eyes!

The hair should be more short and look spikey, I know its hard to do but it really is too poofy now. Well thats my 2 cents. Here is a reference to show what I mean.

_1990110_hayden300.jpg

Well, I made the changes to the face to make it more accurate structurally to the reference photo's I was using, not to get rid of the "too young" look. I just thought maybe the fact that his irises were to big might have been what caused Hindy to believe he looked too young. It was something that had to be changed regardless but I thought fixing it might get rid of the too young look now. His face actually is more structurally accurate now then the first picture. if the model resemble's anakin less then the first one then something else is wrong, any Idea what it might be?

Here are two shots of the model with a reference photo

FirstRenderWReference

NewRenderWReference

About the hair, I agree it still needs work. Spikey hair is very difficult to make and look good without adding alot of polys but I will see if I can come up with something.

Looks very realistic, you have some face modelling skills Kevin. The hair is too inflated, try making it more flat, less afro, just ignore the reference pic for a while. I think the head mesh, then, will be perfect.

Actually Anakin is supposed to be 7 feet tall, so it's way taller and bigger than Obi Wan. Even in ep 2 you could notice that Anakin is taller.

About the hair, I'm not talking about making real hair or fur, I'm talking about the size of it.

Kevin, the model is accurate as the picture itself, I'm anxious to see the rest of the body.

Archived