Home

Worms World Party

We should have a tournament on this, like someone probably suggested. One on one knockout style. It's easy to arrange a match between two people, and I'm sure there are enough of us.

So post if you're interested. Now.

Yes, except 1v1 is sort of boring unless there's some CRAZY mode on it. In 'Points for weapons', you get to essentially pick your own weapons scheme, where each weapon is worth a certain number of points, and you have 100 points to use up, and you set that in the team options, like the special weapon. That means that everyone has different weapons which is sort of fun. but it might not be.

crazy mode number two is the mode where you get 10 seconds to do stuff and firing a weapon doesn't end your go, but it usually deteriorates into lobbing a million grenades and forming a wide tunnel downwards, concrete-donkey style.

or I could be wrong and 1v1 is fine and dandy. shame we can't record demos or take screenshots, though. I tried with Hypersnap DX and when you take the screenshot, it seems to sort of half open in the background, and worms really doesn't like that and then goes crazy.

Yes, yes. Super.

All we did with Quake was to allocate each of the people who signed up to an opponent, giving each match a time the players had to turn up for. This would still totally work with Worms.

Worms also lets non-participants spectate for extra fun (just join a game without adding a team).

In conclusion: win.

Mort: I'm all for crazy/whacky, but It's easier to adopt some of the preset rules if we want this thing to remain consistent. Otherwise, one games rules may differ from anothers, as different people will be hosting. However, consistency doesn't matter much, and maybe one person can host them all, or some custom rules settings can be made and shared?

It doesn't particularly matter, I guess.

Oh, and I'm not familiar with the points for weapons option, but it sounds good. I absolutely refuse crazy mode 2 though, due to the simple matter that I am incredibly bad at it.

Alternatively, Teams? Knockout? Some idiotic and pointless league-type system?

I vote for an idiotic and pointless league system. Why, man, why? Because getting knocked out immediately would be bloody annoying (even though you have to lose two matches to lose a game), since it's possible just to have incredibly bad luck for no obvious reason in Worms. Plus, since not many people will be participating anyway, it allows people to play more games. Provided the whole of the world doesn't somehow acquire the game, it should even be possible for everyone to play against everyone else.

Also, I think 1-vs-1 is fine without any added modes. A "team" style game would also be good (like, two people versus two others), but perhaps that's better left until later. Like with Quake, man!

(Always with the MIQC comparisons.)

So that's Benny, GJ, Huz, Thrik, Mort, Me, and SpiffytheDog (who hasn't replied to this thread), and probably Gabez when he returns.

And I guess I'll set up some sort of badly done league table type thing using Excel.

It has to be done in PHP and use logarithms in some way, man. I want to be able to log in to a web page and see at a glance where I am in the table, who I need to beat to dominate you all, and who I should let win because I feel sorry for them for doing so badly.

In other words, Excel will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived