Home

Some new Broken Sword:TSD PC screens

Originally posted by Novel_T

...I wonder if my onboard 16 meg. (barely) graphics card is enough to handle it. Anyone have an idea of what the specs (hint --Steve-- hint) are/will be?

Sorry, but I think you'll be out of luck. Very few 3D games coming out nowadays do 16megs. The minimum standard now is 32megs, with 64 being the usual.

On this note, I'm wondering how the savegames will be handled on the consoles.

EDIT: Novel_T, it also looks like you'll definitely need a graphics card that supports T&L (transform & lighting). I recommend that you upgrade your card (very cheap nowadays) and buy more memory (just as cheap). :)

Charles Cecil was live on Giga tonight in Germany promoting the PS2 version of BS3 with a fair amount of in game footage and I've got to say this game is really looking like it could take the adventure genre into the future, it looks like Mareks enthusiasm could be well placed. The animation and lighting in action is stunning for an AG and it should look even better on a high end PC.

It's the first time I've seen Mr Cecil speaking and I've got to say that is one highly enthusiastic man. If he creates as well as he talks we're going to be in for one hell of a treat.

But the proof will be in the playing................ roll on October!!!!!! :)

Originally posted by Homoludens

EDIT: Novel_T, it also looks like you'll definitely need a graphics card that supports T&L (transform & lighting). I recommend that you upgrade your card (very cheap nowadays) and buy more memory (just as cheap). :)

...but you need a new motherboard that supports the new graphics card, and a new processor that supports the motherboard. Or at least I'd need. (I'm talking about myself here more).

I'll definitely purchase the PC version, because I don't own a next generation console either.

Broken Sword 3 will be my first BS game, I just hope there won't be too many references to its predecessors so I'll be able to understand the storyline :o;) .

Originally posted by Homoludens

I thought it was in the pudding? :confused:

What does pudding have to do with videogames? :confused:

Originally posted by Jake

Now I need to go out and get an XBox, or PS2... or PC.

Jake is posting from his Atari 2600, in case you're wondering.

On a note vaguely related to my other post, but not really in response to anything, I've been thinking it'd be sad if I didn't round out my BS1, BS2 collection with BS3 for PC. With BS3 for PC, it's BS marathon, baby! :p

I think I'll probably buy it for PS2 cause my computer is like 2 years old and I only have a 32 meg onboard graphics card.

Last Christmas I bought a Radeon 7000, but alas it doesn't seem to be compatible with the onboard graphics card. :mad:

It's a shame cause my TV is an ultra small 15 inch or something like that. And when I play games or watch movies on it you can't see the entire screen. Like I was playing Xenosaga on it and I could never tell how much health my characters had.

But I guess I'd rather play BS3 on a small screen then not be able to play it at all.

Archived