Home

A whole new SWGB2

Well actually RoN is an RTS. Anyway, i think it would be that it takes out X% every, say, 5 minutes or something, i would have to see how these other games do it to get a better idea. If you ran out of money, it would stop.

I think it would fit really well in SWGB2 because it then means that you dont have to constantly keep going back to your research station to see if the current one is finished, or which you have, or if you can afford the next one etc. Overall it leads to less micromanagement and more emphasis on the military and battles.

Well actually RoN is an RTS

Actually, RoN is a turn based game that plays in real-time. They borrowed nearly all of their "features" from either the Civ series or the Age series, a fact that is painfully obvious to anyone who has played an Age game (the earlier ones, like AoE. Ensemble has moved more mainstream/faster paced since then) and a Civ game.

What of special abilities such as (using examples from SWGB1 which we all know) shields, AT-AT anti-air ability, homing missiles, etc. I'd prefer to select stuff when I want it in the order I want it, rather than have it all automated for me. It might be annoying if you forget to upgrade something, but by using that argument you could equally say "I want the computer to automate all my miltary tactical decisions, and I'll just sit back and watch. I'll tell it where to attack and it will build up a suitable force for me by itself."

Vostok - everything has advantages and disadvantages. Of course, with this system, you cant choose exactly what you are researching, but how is that different in the real world? The way i see it, the advantage of having more time to concentrate on building and using your military outweights the loss of researching specific technologies. Remember, its 'Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds' not 'Star Wars Economic Battlegrounds'.

Also, things like shields would come under civic technology (its defensive), and things like ATAT's shooting air would come under the 'Mech' subset. Until then, you would use your TIE's or Missile Troopers to keep the heat of your mechs.

Well I guess it's do-able. I don't have that much against it except I prefer the way it is now.

Oh and Windu you should have said "It's Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds not Star Wars Galactic Economic-grounds." That would have been more relevant since I wasn't debating whether the focus was on "Galactic" or not. :D

i do not know if this has been thrown out there yet, but why not try to drift away from the basic RTS type gameplay. Why not make this game RPGish in its upgrades and RTSish in its gameplay. I think one of the major issues with RTS games today is we waste so much time on this time-frame progression... or making sure we have 8,000 races to select from... Not enough time on the actual game. SWGB1 was a great example of a failing gameply style... RoN would have also failed if it had not implemented some of its own innovations. I think in Starwars We have a lot of room to play around with. Why not make this a massive game that is takes more then 15 min to win... Why not make an economic aspect of the game... which instead of the local aspects we have a galaxy based aspects. Units have differents weapons based on there experiance or training. make this game a little bit more involved then the normal RTS game.

I mean whats the hurt going to be ? nothing... Also there was a statement made in another thread.. something like " Do we need to make a new SWGB ? the answer is NO.. Do we need to make a good Star Wars RTS? The answer is yes" I assure you that if lucas makes another RTS game it will be nothing like SWGB. The game needs to be unquie in itself and I think there are hundreds of ideas and possibilities in this era... that could be put in place to make a game like this worth playing.

Archived