Home

A place to list servers you have been banned from

FlashRam

Clan servers have nothing to do with it.

jk2files.com is not a clan, nor are many of the public servers where people will constantly try to vote players off or cry to an admin to have them kicked.

I don't know how many times I've gone into our clan server and I have noobs crying about lamers and nonsense like that.

The whole "Jedi honor everyone is a gay lamer please admin put him to sleep" mentality is the problem and that's what we have been making fun of.

Look at the comments we make about these demos we are posting. No one is saying "lol the noob can't kick worth a damn".

We are laughing at the things they say like "my saber was down you forfeit the match".

That crap ruined ffa in jk2. People got sick of it and didn't want to be around it and left. In turn a lot of us who still do enjoy the game are left with no one to actually *play it with/against.

So if our "laming" is ruining people's fun now, oh well what comes around goes around.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres nothing wrong with going into a server with the intention of getting banned. i do it all the time. its quite entertaining actually. sometimes after playin a few games of ctf i like to take a little break and go into those nf so servers and mess with the admins. i too especially like the *BS* server. those guys suck so bad. one time paddy kept teleporting me to the far side of bespin where he had a bunch of trip mines out and some stormtrooper npcs firing away. well one of the times i caught one of his clanmates with a side kick and pushed him into the mines which proceeded to blow up and kill him, paddy, and a few of the stormtroopers. it was quite the site. also, since you guys are so anti-emote that you probably havn't noticed that on some servers (depends on the admin mod) if you are in an emote pose such as amsit/amwait admin commands like slap/sleep/punish will not affect you. ghosting really pisses them off too....

:confused: :confused: :confused:

ok I know the emotes will make you immune to all but kick or saber throw damage but sleep/slap too?

I can usually tell when I'm about to get one (kill an admin and chat box pops up over corpse) so I just go into the emote?

Do you get slept when you turn it off or does going in to the emote nullify it until he presses it again?

also wtf is ghosting?

Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed

ok I know the emotes will make you immune to all but kick or saber throw damage but sleep/slap too?

I can usually tell when I'm about to get one (kill an admin and chat box pops up over corpse) so I just go into the emote?

Do you get slept when you turn it off or does going in to the emote nullify it until he presses it again?

also wtf is ghosting?

thats got you intrested

kicks and saber throw will hurt you when your in an emote position. its something with the ?lower waist?. i just loaded up a server running jedi academy 1.3 admin mod. i used /amsit and tested slap, sleep and punish. when i got slapped it made my character go into a funny position a little but for the most part i am still comfortably amsitting. as soon as i exit the emote however, i fly off into the air just like getting slapped but to a lesser degree. the more slaps i take while in the emote postition, the higher the recoil will be when i exit amsit. now while testing sleep and punish....guess what kids....absolutely nothing. the message appears on the screen, but then i just exit amsit and im find running around just like normal. now i don't know if this is just a problem with jedi academy or all admin mods or what. im gonna see if i can do some further testing and demo it.

edit (misread UJs post): explode, and teleport WILL affect you even if your in an emote. according to my testing, sleep and punish will not, and slap only after you exit emote.

thats exactly what i try to do. this is the thing, i got this game like 2 months ago from a friend who burned me a copy. and since we all know its pretty much dead, i have spent my fair share of time laming and doing everything i can to be the best lamer i can be. hahaa that sounded so lame but i dont care, laming is fun to me. so after i pwn the admin, i usually run off to hide and go into an emote as soon as possible.

also wtf is ghosting?

its a exploit that lets you damage people from spectate mode. im not gonna go into details of how to do it because it shouldnt be posted here and i dont exactly know how to do perfectly. don't stress it tho, it gets old real quick.

Originally posted by Mr.Joshua

HAHAHAH ok, Idea for late night tonight. Everyone meet in our IRC channel. We'll all bind /amsit to a key. Then we'll go laming in a server. Lame, amsit, lame, amsit, lame, amsit....hahahah.

Here? #jediknight on irc.gamesnet.net or does FallenKnights have their own channel?

Originally posted by Break_df

Before I changed ips, I was banned from every FF server on the main listing... no joke... even the shock ~ server. Yes, uj is a bastard.

Well since you don't have a life I guess it's lucky your ips changed. />)

Clan servers have nothing to do with it.

jk2files.com is not a clan, nor are many of the public servers where people will constantly try to vote players off or cry to an admin to have them kicked.

I don't know how many times I've gone into our clan server and I have noobs crying about lamers and nonsense like that.

The whole "Jedi honor everyone is a gay lamer please admin put him to sleep" mentality is the problem and that's what we have been making fun of.

Look at the comments we make about these demos we are posting. No one is saying "lol the noob can't kick worth a damn".

We are laughing at the things they say like "my saber was down you forfeit the match".

That crap ruined ffa in jk2. People got sick of it and didn't want to be around it and left. In turn a lot of us who still do enjoy the game are left with no one to actually *play it with/against.

So if our "laming" is ruining people's fun now, oh well what comes around goes around.

Finally... Someone taking the words out of my mouth. I truely agree... Lets hope all this attitude in JK3/Jedi Academy dissolves.

I've been banned from servers before, some I never even joined with people I don't know but other than that, I guess just only one server: jk2files.com

And it's because of the Admin's compassion to the lousy-excuse-for-players' whining about laming and such, and my complaining about their whining about laming that I got banned. I really got sick of their cowardness. Fortunately it was lifted... But then it's a new server technically I guess, it seems the old IP doesen't work. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten frustrated over idiots lowering their defenses on purpose, chatting and all... It's JK2IM nowadays, I tell ya... *sigh*

Originally posted by griff38

NO I hate it, but it does seem to be an indicator if how serious and competitive you are about gameplay. The less you talk, The harder you play, the more likely you are to get banned these days.

I thought you might like some perspectives on banning from an admins point of view. The Prime Directive on my servers is: "Maximum fun for the maximum amount of people". People who add to the fun are good, people who subtract from the fun are bad. Skilled, talented players can only add to the fun in my opinion. The people who subtract from the fun are usually the mediocre or worse players: the whiners, arguers, trash talkers, suiciders, killtrackers, etc. I can't be on my 3 servers all the time, but I do read the logfiles daily. Every player I have banned has been banned based on what I read in the logfile. They whine, curse, argue, taunt, and generally annoy the hell out of people. Anybody who has their chatbox up that much can't be getting any kills. People like that really stand out in the logfile. They literally hang themselves with their own words. They leave chortling to themselves, thinking they got away with something. I read the logfile that night, and then the next day when they try to join the server they discover they've been banned. Actually, good players who are too busy playing and scoring to chat are the LEAST likely to be banned on my servers. Griff, I've seen you on one of my servers (Chop Shop Disruption), and I hope you know that's true.

As for idiot admins, the best thing to do is let their servers wither away from lack of traffic. I have learned a lot about how NOT to run a server from reading these forums, and on my servers:

1- Voting is disabled so the weak cant kick the strong

2- I have disabled slap, punish, kickban, empower, terminator, and teleport so none of the admins can use them.

3-None of the subadmins can ban a player. Only I have that power, and I do it after dispassionately reading the logfile, not in the heat of the moment, and NEVER because they beat me (I would have to ban everyone if I followed that practice, lol!) As I said before, I usually wasn't even there when they were making an ass of themselves.

4-One of the rules is you have to sit to legally chat. Hopefully this decreases chatting by making it more inconvenient. I make it clear in the MOTD: if you are on your feet you are a legitimate and legal target, saber on or off, chatbox up or not, it doesn't matter. If someone complains they are getting "lamed" too much, they are probably chatting too much and fighting too little. It also avoids the "saber off then stab you in the back after you run by" scam and the throw the chatbox up 1 millisecond after you have already started your attack and then cry "lamer!" accusation. Lamed? Were you sitting? No? Then too bad, it's a legal kill.

Not that I condone cheap killing of the defenseless. Someone who is sabering away ineffectually on someone sitting down, saber off (which gives you some immunity from sabers) is clearly a weak, pathetic person so desperate for kills that they attack the defenseless. People like that are warned and then slept or bunnied if they persist, but not kicked or banned. I don't attack people who clearly aren't fighting, but I don't care if people do it to me. After all, you come back to life 1 second later with 125 health, 25 shields, and a lightsaber in your hands, so what's the big deal?

5-Admins punishing people for beating them is disgusting. If any of my subadmins did that, they would no longer be an admin. I even tell them to ignore insults and taunts. I usually go on my servers undercover with different names and characters, and people have beaten me hundreds of times and called me names. I never punished anyone for that. The only thing I do when someone kills me is say "lol".

6-I have bots on my FFA-CTF server named Whiner and Crybaby who say the following when they die (to shame the whiners):

"Waaa, let me tell you exactly how to fight- no force, no guns, etc."

"Waaa, you can only attack me from the front"

"I hate this map and every other map when I'm losing"

"It's only laggy when I'm losing"

"I whine so much I seem like a real human player"

"I'm only losing cuz I have TOO MUCH SKILL for this server"

"Does anybody have some cheese to go with my whine?"

"Guns are gay when I get shot"

"Everything that kills me is gay"

"Anyone who kills me is a laming whoring cheating noob fag"

(Can you tell I'm tired of all the whining I read every day in the logfiles, lol?!)

Anyway, I am sure there are some other servers out there that aren't run by morons. One of the problems is that people stick to their Favorites list too much and don't check out what else is out there. Even now, there are still new servers starting up. If you get banned from a server run by idiots, aren't you better off? There are plenty of other servers out there, find one that actually appreciates skill and talent.

wow... speechless.

If only there were more admins like that.

Rules are fine, we have one rule on our server and we adamantly enforce it.

(you /reconnect drop a player in duel mode you get banned).

Everyone is aware of the rule and has been since the day it went into effect. Those that broke it were banned but usually the ban was lifted in a few days and they stopped doing it. The two people who seemed determined to keep doing it are banned to this day.

Never once did any of us feel the need to put them to sleep and screw with them using admin mod commands.

I personally don't understand why any server admin would need any other commands than status/clientkick/addip when dealing with people.

The only command in any admin mod I can say I would like in base jk2 is the silence/mute command (it can get annoying as hell in a server with 12 guys running around using those kill tracker things).

Never once did any of us feel the need to put them to sleep and screw with them using admin mod commands.

I personally don't understand why any server admin would need any other commands than status/clientkick/addip when dealing with people.

The only command in any admin mod I can say I would like in base jk2 is the silence/mute command (it can get annoying as hell in a server with 12 guys running around using those kill tracker things).

You must have much better-behaving players than I do. All of my servers are public. The vast majority of the players are good people, but it takes just one "grief" player to spoil everyone elses' fun. Then the good players leave and the noobs stay, and that's the LAST thing I want happening on my servers, which is why I am ruthless about banning the punks who argue, profanely taunt, commit suicide during Team FFA, etc. I instruct my admins to avoid kicking, because kicked players often just change their name (or don't even bother doing that) and rejoin the server. So the admins have to do SOMETHING to get the punk to leave until I can ban them later, so I teach them to sleep or silence the punk and then ignore them, until the punk gets bored-frustrated and leaves on their own. So we actually use sleep and silence way more than kick, but again only on "grief" players, not winning players, we want more of those. ambunny is supposed to be used the same way, but most of the people who get ambunny are the ones who ASK to be bunnied, because they think it's funny or fun and keep begging the admins for it, lol!

Personally, I think kill trackers are lame, but I tolerate them if they aren't bothering anyone else (of course my bots Whiner and Crybaby have killtracker spoofs. When they enter the game they say:

"Mau'Dae's very annoying and idiotic killtracker on "

If they kill someone, they say:

"<playername>, you are the 2,093,747 person I have killed 43,224 kills have come from you ")

But if someones killtracker is bothering others, the person is asked nicely several times to turn it off, or is silenced if they keep refusing. I have asked my admins to ask players if they will voluntarily be silenced, since the kill trackers still count kills even when the player is silenced. Sometimes a player is getting close to some magic number of kills (like 666) and they want to hit that number on my server because it is easy to get kills (I have seen 13 players make more than 700 total frags in 16 minutes).

So some of those commands ARE useful to maintain the fun, but I have disabled the abusive, demeaning commands like slap and punish.

AdminAmidala, I love the servers you run. I have never had a single problem on anyone of them.

Admins like you deserve the credit you have earned as much the petty ones deserve bricks thrown at them.

Oh, and since you mentioned one of my favorites what would be involved in upping the play time cycle from 15 minutes to 30? Also the outdoor maps work alot better with that particular game style than ffa_raven & ffa_imperial. Perhaps enable voting so we can switch maps :)

Anyway thanks for your well maintained servers.

Thanks Griff, and it's a pleasure to watch you own and kick ass. The Disruption server is less than a month old, so hopefully more people will hear about it and try it and give you a little more challenge :)

I have made the changes you requested. Timelimit is now 30 and voting is now enabled, although I hope it doesn't mean you start getting voted off for owning too much:) Fraglimit is still 100 because it looks cool to win with triple digits when everyone else has double (or single) digit kills.

I am keeping the two inside maps you mentioned for now because others have said they like them in the logfile. With the exception of ffa_imperial, I tried to pick indoor and outdoor maps that have long unobstructed sightlines so people can make those real long-range kills, even without the sniperscope. But I am ALWAYS interested in feedback about map selection, because I think it is crucial to a fun server. I have changed the map rotation on the FFA-CTF server dozens or maybe even hundreds of times, I've lost count, based on what people say in the logfile. If I see "I hate this map", "me too", "me 2", that map is GONE, no matter how much I may like it. The classic example on the FFA-CTF server is ffa_ns_streets (Nar Shaddaa Streets). I like it, and from your videos I know you like it, but a lot of people really hate it. Once in awhile I'll slip in back into the rotation, but once I start seeing a lot of "I hate this map", I take it out again. "Maximum fun for the maximum number of people" is my rule. But don't worry, that map is the perfect Disruption map!

Originally posted by AdminAmidala

The classic example on the FFA-CTF server is ffa_ns_streets (Nar Shaddaa Streets). I like it, and from your videos I know you like it, but a lot of people really hate it. Once in awhile I'll slip in back into the rotation, but once I start seeing a lot of "I hate this map", I take it out again. "Maximum fun for the maximum number of people" is my rule. But don't worry, that map is the perfect Disruption map!

Yes my favorite map too, hope to see you there! You to FK MB!

Archived