Home

I'm feeling terrible

Antilles_CL

Well guys....Today I had to take my girlfriend to the airport (she's visiting the states for about a month) But i'm moving in less then a month...So it was a final goodbye....So when she comes back I won't be here. (moving to washington)...

Anyhow...We have been dating for about 7 months and we really really care and love each other. She is going to live here in Italy for another 2 years, and I don't know where she is moving after that...But we want to keep a long distance relation ship going, like we can call each other and e-mail eachother. I don't know when we will see eachother in person again though, might be awhile. Do you guys think we should keep the long distance relation ship going?

Originally posted by Semicolon

Well guys....Today I had to take my girlfriend to the airport (she's visiting the states for about a month) But i'm moving in less then a month...So it was a final goodbye....So when she comes back I won't be here. (moving to washington)...

Anyhow...We have been dating for about 7 months and we really really care and love each other. She is going to live here in Italy for another 2 years, and I don't know where she is moving after that...But we want to keep a long distance relation ship going, like we can call each other and e-mail eachother. I don't know when we will see eachother in person again though, might be awhile. Do you guys think we should keep the long distance relation ship going?

From my experience, they never work. However, an alternative would be to just set no rules to it. Like you do your thing, she does hers, you still talk and converse and see where it goes. But atleast you have your options open. And be honest about it from the get-go. You won't hear any possible fairy tale endings from me though, as I've run out of belief in anything of the sort. But that's my pessimistic view of life.

Oh, I disagree, Carl.

I've been having a wonderful relationship with your avatar for months now... ;)

Semicolon: I do have a serious point to make. I'm the first to speak up in favor of letting love take its course, and I even believe long-distance relationships can work. If you both are young, though (and by that I mean under 25), I'd realistically give it a snowball's chance on re-entry of working.

Why? Well...one of you is going to meet someone else. Young hormones, someone close at hand, add a biological clock ticking loudly, and you have a recipe for heart break. :) I'm not trying to demean your love--I believe it's as strong as you say it is! But this is the really real world. You know what I'm saying?

:max: Hope this helps.

I tried a long distance thing with my HS sweetheart a few years ago and.. well... it didn't work out :( We were both at college, I was at WSU and she was at U. of Washington. It lasted about 3 months before life (beer, parties, school, and the opposite sex) eventually pulled us apart. Now she's a lawyer and my current girlfriends are all low-income weirdos. Man did I botch that up!

There are more fish in the sea (or in your case the Atlantic ocean). Then again... those Italian women...... Wrooowr! :naughty:

If you really love her, keep in contact. Try to, at least. I might have to go through a similar pardicament soon, but I hope not.

I wish you the best of luck, and hey, she might move to Washington after that two years you talked about.

I dont know what to tell you Semi. I have a almost kind of similar situation comin up in august. My girlfriend is still in high school but I start college this fall. Luckily, my college is only about 1.5 hours drive away from here. So I WILL be able to visit some weekends, but it might be difficult what with her at high school surrounded by boys who I cannot keep an eye on......... I trust her completely.....but It'll be tough. I feel for you, because your situation is 100 times worse than mine :(

Good luck to you.

Keep your playing cards in your deck. You never know when you'll get an Ace of Hearts. It's all about the luck of the draw. It may be easier to keep a long distance relationship, and it may not. It all depends on how you play your cards. Play 'em right, and you might just get your girl back. Your future depends on the choices you make. At least that's my view on life and love. :yoda:

Originally posted by ZBomber

It could work. My mom and dad loved each other in High School, than went to different colleges which were very seperate. Today, they sitll love each other very much, and have been married for 25 years. :)

Pretty much the same here.

Two different colleges, 1.4 hour drive to visit each other, and they've been married oddly enough 25 years..

Edit- I think Mr. Joshua's idea would be best. Just be friends while she's gone. Then if there's anything special still there when she comes back..

I wholeheartedly agree with Lion. That's why I prefer to spend my "valuable" time here, and on various other forums, and sitting in the dark laughing uncontrollably and constructing evil things... and practicing telekinesis. But most of all, I just LOVE sitting and thinking for hours on end plotting my ruthless conquest of Earth! GAH HA HA HA HA!

Uh... ignore everything I said just now... you heard nothing... NOTHING! :mad:

Bottom line: Lion's right.

*Hurries off, swearing profusely*

Long distance relationships don't woork too well. my sister's bf lives one the other side of the country and their realation ship has a few crack in it now. If I were you I would try to end it.......

(my sisters relationship will be ok though her bf is comming back soon:D)

I hope u can get your relationship to work though but 2 years seem quite long to be apart and then u don know where she's going after that?................

Originally posted by Lion275

You don't need someone to "kiss and hold", crap like that is a waste of time.

Technically, playing games and reading non-educational forums and chatrooms are a waste of time,too. :p

Archived