Home

Galaxies Space Exspansion

waffleman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was kind of thinking along those same lines.....I was just sitting and eating dinner thinking, how are the controls going to work etc. My feeling is, they've been testing it for quite a while.....so I'm sure they will have something that will be good [in theory anyways].

I suspect it will be something akin to "Tribes" or "Tribes2". In that game you had numerous flying vehicles that you could command. When you entered the vehicle, your view shifted to reflect your particular position in the ship. Then your movement keys changed to effect the vehicle, instead of your avatar.

Also in that game, multiple people could use the same vehicle, with one driver and several passengers.

The only difference is that Tribes had a limit on the number of people who could connect.

I'd be happy if they had the flight controls like the game x wing or tie fighter, but updated obviously. or you could set the coords and let autopilot take control in hyperspace, while you're free to roam around the cabin and interact with any passengers, remember "this ain't like dusting crops...boy"

Originally posted by zarak da zabrak

I'd be happy if they had the flight controls like the game x wing or tie fighter, but updated obviously. or you could set the coords and let autopilot take control in hyperspace, while you're free to roam around the cabin and interact with any passengers, remember "this ain't like dusting crops...boy"

That's what I'm hoping for too. I'd love to be able to walk around an actual spacecraft in-game.

Hmm... I suppose that they'll want to make the space expansion quite easy to get into... if the controls were like X-Wing/Tie-Fighter, it would be more difficult to get used to the controls, although I would personally like the controls to be like X-Wing! :)

My dream would be something as elaborate as X-Wing: Alliance.

My woe is that they might make it as simple as turn-based battle like Final Fantasy battles..

-XW1 fires at TI1 and misses.

-XW2 fires at TI1 and does 39 points of damage.

-TI1 destroyed.

-TI2 fires at XW1......

You get my point.

Something really close to the XWA engine would be my dream.

IMO, that sounds a bit too elaborate, so don't get your hopes up. However, the principle of ganging up with a couple of friends, conceal blasters in your suit pockets, and hijack a shuttle piloted by a PC that was supposed to take you to another planet for some credits is appealing indeed. Free shuttle:D

But again, don't get your hopes up.

I realy hope they make Space Expansion so combat is like in X-Wing vs TIE Figther... ie using keyboard +joystick/mouse. Quick and dirty. Pretty easy stuff once you get a hang of it.

Also I hope they make it so you can occupy various gunpositions, tailgunner, bellygunner etc. And that you can walk around inside the bigger ships.

Oh yeah, boarding parties :cool: That would be awesome.

i hope they make an x-wing alliance, x-wing vs tie fighter kind of system. Those games were amazing in my opinion. Of course the current trend for space flight in star wars games is more of a mindless shooter type thing.

I dont even know if i'll stick around for the expansion, but i hope it isnt anything like the current battle system as i'm not terrible impressed by that. But dosnt it bother anyone else that they're going to sell you this expansion....when in all rights it should be there now. I mean... "STAR" wars....you know? ok nevermind...

RJR99SS - Maybe it should be in now, but it isn't. No amount of complaining is going to make it suddenly 'appear'.

Anyway, even something as simple as Freelancer could work... you know, using a keyboard and mouse?

Not sure if having to swap between joystick and keyboard all the time would be practical you see...

:D

Yeah, the Freelancer controls were very easy and pretty good. But its hard to beat a joystick... in feeling.

Hmm I wonder if in the future combat pilots will use mouses in their fighter planes to control them? I think hardly cause half the time you would be outside the mouse carpet.. and thats not good :D

you gotta remember, SWG is Lucas Arts attempt to reach a wider audience and to cash in on the interest generated by its huge fanbase. The space expansion will contain elements of all that move around the ship stuff and use different crew slots but will vary from type of ship and its use. The key to its success will be the ease of use of not only the ships but the new planets, creatures and skills released with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Think about it this way... What if they do a similar sort of thing with this as they did with the Force Sensitive system? I mean, what if its very hard / expensive to buy / fly a spacecraft? That way not everyone is a pilot. I hope they make it heavily reliable on the joystick... I have one, and I really would like to be a pilot, so Im set. =O)

Man, i guess i'm thinking to small. i was just hoping to buy a small shuttle so i can bee-bop about with my guild and mayby haul some stuff to make a few bucks, oh well, we will all have to wait to see what Lucas and SOE come up with on this one :D

Az

ok so this is what i am thinking.if they are taking to time to make a expansion pak instad of putting it in the game there better be alot of good stuff in it.I also have a qustion. say if you dont get the expansion but your friend does will i be able to ride in his ship.ok last thing, if in the game now you become a reble piloit when the expansion comes out will you be able to fly mission will them without buying a ship.

Archived