Home

Galaxies Space Exspansion

waffleman

On the subject of buying the expansion, I was wondering what type of game this was going to be? will it be one that for every major added thing we will have to cough up money for an expansion, or will it be more like World War II Online (I play this game don't make fun of them lol) where you constantly get updates that not only FIX what the Devs promised, but keep continually upgrading the game. I hope it will be the 2nd option....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, sorry, you will have to buy it.

If it's as expensive as the initial release remains to see, but you will have to buy it.

This is a major upgrade to the game.

Not only will it add hundreds, perhaps thousands of sq.km of space (as in no vacuum space ;) ) to the game, it will include spaceships, new professions, new planets, possibly expansion of current planets playing area, new playable species perhaps, etc....

Basicaly a whole new game in the game. :)

This expansion will give a lot to the SWG game.

The ability to create your own ship will be sweet.

It will further the ability of your chracter as well. With the Master Space Ship Crafter as a skill. My goal will be to attain this skill right away. I hope i can create a sweet lookin B-Wing ( My favorite ship in star wars).

Thanks.

JOIN THE CORELLIAN ALLIANCE NOW !!!!

hmm B-Wing or Tie-Advanced...... or Tie-Defender......hmm choices choices

will there be/are there AT-ATs or At-Sts could you imagine the sheer destruction you could inflict in a battle w/ one of those? missions would be a breeze w/ one! my army!

:atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat:

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be guessing it'd be something closer to Freelancer with TIE's and X-Wings. That's not what I'm concerned with, though. I want to know about the skills. I'm trying to figure out how they are going to work the the Pilot skill. Is Spacecraft repair going to be part of the Pilot line or one of the engineer lines? Also, are we going to have the full range of ships to choose from. I may be mistaken because I'm a little off in my geekdom <please no beatings> but in the time frame we're covered in, I don't think there were A-Wings or B-Wings, and I'm pretty sure there weren't Interceptors.

And then theres the question of all the Old School ships, like Naboo Fighters and those silly things the Jedi flew around in. And what about Droids. There's a lot of questions about the expansion and not many teasers.

GIVE US TEASERS!!!

A-Wings and B-Wings were not developed yet, no.

Neither was the TIE Advanced or the TIE Defender.

TIE Advanced has come as far as being made some prototypes of it as of the time of ANH, but it got put on the side line in favour of the development of the TIE Interceptor instead. Better manouverability, engines, and weapons system than the TIE Fighter, but still weak armored, and still no shield. So to compensate the Empire developed the Lancer Frigate.

Some TIE Advanced was made, but not enough to make a difference. Then there is the treason by Grand Admiral Zaarin (may be self proclaimed rank) that hampered the productionlines for the TIE Advanced aswell.

The TIE Defender came out after the Empire finally conceeded that they had to have a fighter that could hold it's own.

But, too little too late.

Personally I would have put my money on the TIE Advanced from the beginning, but this is the Empire we are talking about: They love big things, so they sacrificy the fighters in order to afford them. :p

Originally posted by Mujahid

I suspect it will be something akin to "Tribes"

I hope so, I was a god in that game. People feared me to extremes, muhahahhaa.

HaPPyHaTTeR aka {SK8}Someone aka MyStERiouSHaTTeR aka Someone aka Rashgallivak aka ']['heR33Per

Each name well known...each name well feared. hehehehe

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Uhm ... who? :D :D :D

Well, each name known by other great playres at least :p

On a serious note, I frequented the dueling and arena servers more than anything. I was pretty well known in CTF servers as well though.

TRIBES Demo players worshipped me...hehehe. I loved going back to play in Demo....believe it or not though...they had some good players.

• 3 weeks later...

A little thought on space expansion. First any free expansion will not be too large or to intensive as it would possible change the minimum requirements to the software especially if it is required..my theory is a partial space expansion is on the way and that it will start out as more planet and ship locations suchas major star destroyers, mcs, a black sun ship, maybe a smuggling base on kessel....just don't get your hopes up for something too grand.

Originally posted by Gith

Wow wait... Jan Gaarni said that A-Wings were not developed yet? How is that possible? In X-Wing game we are able to actually fly A-Wing even before destruction of the Death Star!

Hmm, yes, that is true, but we could also see Tie Interceptors before it was developed to. :)

Not to mention B-Wings if memory serves me right. :D And that one definatly was developed some time after the first Death Star was destroyed. ;)

Bottom line, it's a game, it is very far down on the priority list of getting 'facts'. :)

The Tie Interceptor can be put in, cause it was developed very shortly after the first Death Star, and I guess there's no harm in adding the A-Wing to counter it. :)

But then again, maybe they'll only put in the Tie Interceptor and not the A-Wing. That would be much more fair for the Imperials. :D

Bah! The Imperials already have an advantage over the Rebels. :atat:

I was hoping I'd fly a B-Wing when space expansion came out, but that's probably out of the question :( . I'm really confused how it's all going to work... But SOE will figure something out...

I just hope that you don't need a special skill to fly a ship.

Only problem I have with it being a skill, is that it takes up skill points. I'm running low on them, and by the time I make Master Swordsman, I will probably be all out. Now, if they were to make the Pilot Profession a skill for people who want to fly better, and do dogfights and such, go for it... All I want for the time being is the ability to fly a ship. If I begin to like it, I might give something up and take up a few pilot skills. It all depends on how they add it to the game.

In the space expansion will you be able to own big starships, or will you just be able to own a little ship like an X-Wing? Also will you be able to customize your ship so you can tell the differance between your ship and someone elses?

Originally posted by GForce

In the space expansion will you be able to own big starships, or will you just be able to own a little ship like an X-Wing? Also will you be able to customize your ship so you can tell the differance between your ship and someone elses?

I would hope so. My only question is, how much would ships go for... 200k? That's my main concern with them.

Archived