Home

a big load of bulls*#$

Crowy

Um, Maul's downfall was taking on two Jedi at once when he hadn't been fully tested yet. I mean hell he killed a Jedi Master and nearly killed Obi-wan who is supposed to be one of the greatest Jedi of all time, he trains the chosen one and his son. Maul just bit off more than he could chew, he was young and impetuous.

Originally posted by Crowy

when i think dual-blade i personally think of exar kun before that retarded zabrak!!!

Retarded... Zabrak? Oh my... not good... not good. :disaprove

*Puts on a crash helmet and sits in the corner, waiting for Groovy to arrive*

This is going to get messy...

george lucas never admitted exar kun's existence in the movies so he DOESN'T exist, when it comes down to it, whatever was in the movies, is the FINAL say in ANYTHING. in this case, DARTH MAUL is the ONLY person to wield the double bladed light saber, i don't give a crap about EU but, when did kun use the double bladed saber? was it before EP1 came out? i'm just curious cuz it was my understanding that nobody in the EU used a double blade, but i guess i'm wrong

Exar Kun was probably the most powerful Sith Lord in existence, and yes he has a lightstaff/double saber.

I can honestly say when I think of lightstaffs/double sabers, I think of Darth Maul. I'm just not a big follower of Exar Kun....

and I believe Exar Kun was created before Maul.

i think its crap... when i think dual-blade i personally think of exar kun before that retarded zabrak!!!

Are you looking for a pat on the back? you've earned it with your OH so stunning knowledge of a fantasy world, Good job.

DONT EVER CALL THEM DONKEY/KANGEROO...that is an insult to the star wars universe. and i think it is a little mean that Maul gets the glory when Kun was around first..i just hope it will be easy to implement our custom sabers made by us in stuff like Milkshape 3D.
Same goes to you! Good job, a pat on you back for you also!

Originally posted by Weapon X

george lucas never admitted exar kun's existence in the movies so he DOESN'T exist, when it comes down to it, whatever was in the movies, is the FINAL say in ANYTHING. in this case, DARTH MAUL is the ONLY person to wield the double bladed light saber, i don't give a crap about EU but, when did kun use the double bladed saber? was it before EP1 came out? i'm just curious cuz it was my understanding that nobody in the EU used a double blade, but i guess i'm wrong

Exar Kun is pre-TPM. Think KOTOR era, which is to take place 3000-5000 years before TPM. Exar Kun was Sith Lord when the Sith's were more than just master and apprentice. I believe he started the "Rule of 2" after the last great Jedi-Sith war in which him and his apprentice were the only Sith that survived. He's then killed but uses the Force to lock his spirit on Yavin 4 in the Massassi Temple and is later awakened during the Jedi Academy Trilogy and seduces Kyp Durron and nearly kills Luke, etc etc.

FYI: LFL's definition of Canon is anything that bares the LFL symbol and trademark. It's just GL that says only the Movies matter. However he did take many things from EU to into the prequels.

i jsut got that from the ja press kit thats on jk2files.com... i think its crap... when i think dual-blade i personally think of exar kun before that retarded zabrak!!!

Ironic that your avatar is a zabrak. But, Maul did make it famous. He wasn't the first to use it, but he did make it famous.

but not 100% of star wars fans are a fan of the new stuff... i know alot of people who dispise maul...

i tihnk exar kun would be worth a mention though, and im a huge fan of the zabrak race, especially eeth koth.... so thats why i have a zabrak in my avatar

The "made famous by Darth Maul" is totally relevant. It WAS made famous by Maul. He was the first Jedi seen on screen to use it, and not all people actually take the time to read EU books like you and me. So the statement made is indeed true.

Even if Darth Maul bit off more than he could chew it still sucks he had to die like that :(. Either way, the way Obi Wan got him was just....not cool....you'd think after all the flippity floppity acrobatics and etc. he could at least duck. As for who should get the honourable mention: Darth Maul. Period. Several people have brought up that Exar is just not popular enough. :)

So I guess they should have written their brief mention of a game feature more like this,

Construct your own lightsaber from fifteen different handles and six different blade colors. Utilize two sabers if you prefer or try the ultimate dual-bladed lightsaber made famous by Darth Maul - but which was also used by a made up Jedi in the ****ty Star Wars Expanded Universe that goes by the name of Exar Kun who used one long before Darth Maul did, so we felt obligated to mention him. In case you have no clue who Exar Kun is, please visit here

But wait! Why didn't they mention which Jedi inspired the hilt designs!?!

Wait again!!!! What colors do I get to choose from and which color means what? Do they even mean anything?!

Why didn't they mention that Boc used two sabers in Jedi Knight?!! He should be mentioned!!

What'd Darth Maul do to make them famous? They should tell us all these things in a brief mention of a game feature!! What kind of sick men are these to not mention a small not well known character in their brief game feature description? Do they have no scruples?!!1 HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD?!?!?

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

So I guess they should have written their brief mention of a game feature more like this,

Construct your own lightsaber from fifteen different handles and six different blade colors. Utilize two sabers if you prefer or try the ultimate dual-bladed lightsaber made famous by Darth Maul - but which was also used by a made up Jedi in the ****ty Star Wars Expanded Universe that goes by the name of Exar Kun who used one long before Darth Maul did, so we felt obligated to mention him. In case you have no clue who Exar Kun is, please visit here

But wait! Why didn't they mention which Jedi inspired the hilt designs!?!

Wait again!!!! What colors do I get to choose from and which color means what? Do they even mean anything?!

Why didn't they mention that Boc used two sabers in Jedi Knight?!! He should be mentioned!!

What'd Darth Maul do to make them famous? They should tell us all these things in a brief mention of a game feature!! What kind of sick men are these to not mention a small not well known character in their brief game feature description? Do they have no scruples?!!1 HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD?!?!?

OMG I totally agree!!!

Archived