Home

SWG Mac version

Jedigamer.5

http://www.petitiononline.com/swg4mac/petition.html

I stumbled upon this site recently and realized that I was not alone in wanting this game for Mac. At the time of this writing, 500 people had signed the petition.

This game needs to be ported to the Mac, I know it may not be as financially practicle for Lucasarts but they ported Jedi Outcast! Blizzard makes multiplatform games and they sure havn't gone bankrupt. I know I would buy the game if there was a Mac version. Anyway, If anyone knows the proper channels to contact Aspyr or Macplay or someone else for a port (and Lucasarts of course) Mac gamers would really appreciate it.

I'm not going to pretend to have any real knowledge of how much effort it would take. However, they're porting to Playstation2 and I've heard that is a hard platform to write for. Another thing is, though, since there aren't that many high-profile games for Mac (and almost no MMORPGs) it seems like Galaxies might have a monopoly on the genre, (at least).

I guess it really comes down to, how many actually has a Mac in theri home, and how many of those actually use it to play games. :)

Now, I don't pretend to know any numbers about this, but I get the impression there isn't many compared to PC users. I could very well be wrong though. :)

Yeah they are porting to Ps2, seems a little strange, doesn't it?

I checked and Apple has about 4% of the computer market. Most of those users probably use it for video editing and the like (also, have you ever noticed how many times in commercials/ movies they are always using a Mac, wierd, huh?) I don't know how many people actually buy Mac games. But I know I do.:)

Archived