Home

illegal?

demind

so check out what i did with Anarchy Online:

i got the game from a fried of mine (copied it from his hdd). went to their web page and i saw that they have a 14-day free trial (i hear that SWG also has a free trial). i then proceeded entering some *cough*bogus*cough* payment information and played the game for 14 days. when the period was over they tried to bill the account saying that the card was rejected or something like that (so, i didn't steal or anything). the i kept making other accounts when the trials ended which allowed me to test all the professions and get a good in-game view for FREE. what i was wondering is if i could do the same thing with SWG.

oh, and one more thing: are you ppl sure that the european version will be available in december? i don't want to wait to find out it will come out in summer 2004 or something

i saw on this forum ppl saying that they can't afford other games if they buy SWG. i live in romania and i get any game a few days after it's release for less that 2$. i mean games like Neverwinter Nights: The Shadow of Undrentide, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, or whatever. i buy a game every week and the difference is that mine doesn't come in a box and doesn't have a manual. don't get me wrong, i know it's illegal but here if you buy an original game you are seen as the biggest jackass, even you if you can afford it why spend so much money when you can get that cheap.

Yes, it is illegal, and it probably wasn't such a good idea to broadcast that to everyone, although I'm sure you aren't the only person who has done that.

I can't believe you are worrying about your 'street-cred' by buying a game! :rolleyes:

As for SWG? No idea. Why don't you just pay for it, you cheapskate!? :mad:

How old are you, 8?

You sound like a stupid little snotty kid bragging to his parents that he put a coin on the railway. "Check out what I did!" :rolleyes:

Let me just inform you of a few things here:

1. This thread is most likely to get closed.

2. You are, quite frankly, the most arrogant person I've ever met, and I sincerely hope the mods will carry out some sort of disiplinary action/reprimade on you, although I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

I know it's illegal but here if you buy an original game you are seen as the biggest jackass, even you if you can afford it why spend so much money when you can get that cheap.

3. You know that in Denmark, selling pirated software carries a fine of something that equals $2,000? Buying illegal software... I wouldn't be in your pants if you're arrested.

4. You know it's not allowed on this board to call people jackasses? Or perhaps you're not old enough to know the definition of the word "jackass?"

Thank you for weakening my thrust of people under the age of 14. Have a good day.

I can't believe you are worrying about your 'street-cred' by buying a game!

i really don't understand what you mean by that :rolleyes:

As for SWG? No idea. Why don't you just pay for it, you cheapskate!?

you are missing the whole point. i have every intention to pay for the game as it is the best MMORPG i've seen mabe the best GAME i've ever seen and the developers deserve the credit. all i'm saying is that it is hard for me to give 50$ without knowing what the game feels like. in fact,a FRIGGIN day to play the game would be enaugh for me to make up my mind about the game.

and you can call a cheapskate a person that HAS the money but doesn't WANT to pay. in fact, i HAVE the money and WANT to pay i just wanna get a look the product.

and did you know that in romania the average income/month of the head of the family is about 150$? even if i didn't want to pay (and i DO) for it would be kind of ignorant for you to call me a cheapskate.

"I know it's illegal but here if you buy an original game you are seen as the biggest jackass, even you if you can afford it why spend so much money when you can get that cheap."

Thats what I meant by street cred.

I understand where you are from. I've been to Romania before, and I know how difficult it must be for you, but you realise that, considering I, along with many, many others, will be paying for not only the game, but the monthly fee, I'm a little annoyed at people like you who con their way around it.

Anyway, the game is fantastic. :p

1. This thread is most likely to get closed.

yes, you are right, it probably will.

2. You are, quite frankly, the most arrogant person I've ever met, and I sincerely hope the mods will carry out some sort of disiplinary action/reprimade on you, although I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

you really can't say you've actually MET me, can you?

and why would i deserve a disiplinary action when i only told what actually goes on in romania.

3. You know that in Denmark, selling pirated software carries a fine of something that equals $2,000? Buying illegal software... I wouldn't be in your pants if you're arrested.

and i'm happy that there is legal order in danmark, really. you don't understand that here this happens on a regular basis. hell, even small companies use pirated software

4. You know it's not allowed on this board to call people jackasses? Or perhaps you're not old enough to know the definition of the word "jackass?"

you got me with this one

i really don;t think i deserve to be flamed since i dind't attack anybody on this forum, i told what is going on (i suppose you knew that piracy exists so you couldn't say i was spreading some kind of roumors). burn the witch everyone

and i appologize for using that word and francly i AM od enaugh to even recognise one when i hear one.

I understand where you are from. I've been to Romania before, and I know how difficult it must be for you, but you realise that, considering I, along with many, many others, will be paying for not only the game, but the monthly fee, I'm a little annoyed at people like you who con their way around it.

i really do not planning on conning my way around. as i said, i have every intention of paying for it, it really isn't that expensive compared to other MMORPGs and what they offer. i never even considered getting the game for free. i hate to repeat myself but the game is GREAT and it deserves all the credit and everybody should pay for it

Well, then thats OK then! :D

If you ARE actually planning on paying for it, then fine. It really is as good as some make out... just don't register the game as soon as you get it. I've had my copy for two weeks now, and still haven't registered it!

There are still bugs a plenty, and you should wait a bit before playing, otherwise you're gonna waste your free month with the current server crashes...

well i'm glad at least one person has some common sense and knows better that to flame away. "eight year old" ... HA

i know it's buggy but i think all the major issues should be fixed within a month or two, no biggie. can't wait to get into the game...;)

Just be lucky you dont live in the United States, its something like a 10 year sentence in prison for giving fake infomation like what you are doing.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by demind

i really do not planning on conning my way around. as i said, i have every intention of paying for it, it really isn't that expensive compared to other MMORPGs and what they offer. i never even considered getting the game for free. i hate to repeat myself but the game is GREAT and it deserves all the credit and everybody should pay for it

the ironic thing is that you ARE conning your way around by making accounts with AO and giving false infomation. :rolleyes:

way to go, you're a winner!

the ironic thing is that you ARE conning your way around by making accounts with AO and giving false infomation.

first of all i think that before you post you should actually READ the thread (i know, reding is a killer ;) )

the thing is, NeonVampyre, who managed to read unlike some other people, thought i was planning on playing SWG without paying for it. This got celared out on the way as he actually READS (did i mention that before?)

way to go, you're a winner!

thank you

i dont see how u conned ur way outa paying. You have to play at least for 2 months in oreder to get the first month free. Correct me if i'm wrong about that. Any way its people like u that end up in....the bad.....place....whatever. I was really just pointing out the fact about how u conned ur way out.

I never said you werent going to pay for SWG (you couldnt anyways as you have to have a CD-key for each and every account you make and you can only get that by paying for the game) I said you ARE conning your way around because of what you are doing with Anarchy online. This isnt about you paying for SWG, this is about you admitting to doing something illegal with Anarchy online, getting called on it then covering your ass by hiding behind someone elses comments because you can't defend your own. :rolleyes:

ooh and...

what i was wondering is if i could do the same thing with SWG.

cut the crap, because you are saying you want to try the samething in SWG by asking right here, way to go by basically saying we are all retards and then getting caught with your head up your ass. :rolleyes:

(you couldnt anyways as you have to have a CD-key for each and every account you make and you can only get that by paying for the game)

ok, this was actually useful, thank you!

I said you ARE conning your way around because of what you are doing with Anarchy online

it depends what you mean by conning my way around, because that would mean to play for free more than they provide. well, i NEVER played for free more. all the other accounts were deleted after the trial was over so i did NOT con anybody, right? let me put this another way so that everybody can understand: what if i made a visa at the bank (the one wich is for internet transactions only) and i empty its account. so basically i have an empty visa which i use to subscribe to AO. when the trial is over it tries to bill my visa and it can't! so after that i make another account and another and another... and this is not conning my fried.

cut the crap, because you are saying you want to try the samething in SWG by asking right here, way to go by basically saying we are all retards and then getting caught.

so after reading my comment you probably realise how idiotic this sounds. redards? no. most of the people here on this forum are great, inteligent too. MOST....:rolleyes:

i dont see how u conned ur way outa paying

that is because i DIDN'T con my way out of paying!

You have to play at least for 2 months in oreder to get the first month free. Correct me if i'm wrong about that

if this is about AO then you are wrong

Any way its people like u that end up in....the bad.....place....whatever

?

I was really just pointing out the fact about how u conned ur way out.

this is in contradiction with your first statement

how many times do I need to say it? It is illegal to keep giving out false infomation to make an account. You are conning your way around because you are giving out false infomation everytime. It doesnt matter if you are playing longer then you are suppose to. Thats not the point. The point is here is that you are a liar because you are giving out false credit card numbers and other infomation to play a game. :rolleyes:

so after reading my comment you probably realise how idiotic this sounds. redards? no. most of the people here on this forum are great, inteligent too. MOST....

And you're not one of them. :rolleyes:

It is illegal to keep giving out false infomation to make an account

it probably is, where you come from! in romania computer realted fraud is not punished (at least not how it should be).

The point is here is that you are a liar

i didn't lie to you or anybody on this forum, in fact i lied about my identity to a company.

ha! i am a bad, bad, bad man :p

And you're not one of them

mabe there are ppl on this forum who are more intelligent than i am, i din't say i was intelligent. and your hillarious remark doesn't change the fact that your comment was idiotic

@ demind: Wait 6 months, then do a google search for recent SWG reviews and make up your mind. That's what I'll do too. After that you don't have a buggy game and you'll still have your free month.

Now close this thread before it becomes a real flamefest.

Archived