Home

What do you hate about the harbour?

Benny

Come on everyone, let it all out. What do you really hate about the Harbour?

Is it the spammy nature of it? The ridiculously large sig's that some users have? The unnecessary "woe is me!" sympathy-fishing threads? The posts that consist entirely of 1 smiley and a huge 30 line sig? Or something else?

Pour out the bile below. Oh and RayJones, if you're going to post in this thread for Gods sake make your post coherent.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate all of the above basically because it has scared people away from the on topic forums.

What I do like is that we've started moderating the Harbor, so we might start getting some more sensible posts.

I hate the people from other countries. This is a UK & US board only, how many times have the moderators had to stress this?. Kindly go back where you came from ;) I also don't like the homosexuals (It completely goes against what God says is pure and good), and people that are overweight should also be banned from here. :)

The fact that it is so spammy, and the fact that there are no serious topics.

But I don't pind people's sigs (partly because I have broadband) but also because i actually like looking at people's colourful sig. images. And it only takes about an extra half-second to scroll through someone's sig.

First i lke to say i feel kind of special. You started a thread for the masses and talk personally to me saying not to say like thisandthat. You are now i a club with Roy, Das, Zoom, Neil ..

Second i dont think we just should made up some threads What do you hate on (insert topic here)..

I think there is much more than Love and Hate.

So.

Third. If i would hate some on the harbour then it is if someone closes threads because of UNLIKELY Topics. Benny i saw you closing threads at a snap where i thought: Yes, Closed soon. I mean those "How can i pirate MI?"-Topics. I also (kind of!) understand why youve closed my Personal monkey thread.

In my opinion it is much better to fight BAD topics with GOOD ones. I didnt started many valueable threads. But i didnt started DOFUS threads. But i dont complain too!!

Instead i try to find good ones (Like in Yoda's Swamp: Mankind on moon thread) it is informative and cool. Yeah and somewhere else this "why are there no monkeys thread"- found some solution.. (Neil may have never thought this.) Edlib found some prove that northamerican primate died out for climate reasons (if i got it right.)

That's what we need here. We need more threads that provoke intelligent discussion, such as current events and all that.

Not "Hey tak thiz test is tellz u wot color u r!!!!" and "omg my brother is so gay he upsets me i cry because he iz 6 year younger and me makes me cry ;((((~~~".

my brother doesn't make me cry:rolleyes:, nor do i write like that.

anyway...hey! i just noticed something! you closed my hate thread that was beginning to get back on topic, and then you turn around and make a hate thread that's even worse because it's in the place that you're talking about hating.

You know what I hate about the Harbor? Everything. Absolutely every single little detail, from the gorgeously rendered picture at the top to the banner ad at the bottom. The colors nauseate me, and every time I see a stupid smiley I want curl up and die. In fact, since I hate (HATE! HATE!) the Harbor so much, I'm not going to read any of it, or post in any of the retarded threads (all of them) that I'm just NOT EVER COMING BACK. You see, that way I don't just fill up MORE stupid threads with my NEEDLESS COMPLAINING. I am a loaded HATE BABE. Everything is stupid, everything is retarded, and every single person here has many, many, many far better things to do. Not to mention being a lot of SNOBBY IDIOT FURBRAINED PANTYWAISTS. Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! I HATE EVERYTHING THAT EVER HAD TO DO WITH THE HARBOR!

:rolleyes:

hate das' closed thread. not for beeing das ones.

i can not understand how can a recent visited thread come closed? Except its a kind-of-"Here i posted the MI-CodWheelWorkAround!"-thread. Perhabs other people, who are not at web all the time like to get the chance to post!

So How about: You dont like it? Dont visit it!

I hate the people from other countries. This is a UK & US board only, how many times have the moderators had to stress this?. Kindly go back where you came from I also don't like the homosexuals (It completely goes against what God says is pure and good), and people that are overweight should also be banned from here.

Oh, Scabb.. you nasty.

(it would cause me to get banned if i would do this here.)

How about: You dont like it? Dont visit it!

We run the Monkey Island forum. Therefore we visit it.

Oh, Scabb.. you nasty.

(it would cause me to get banned if i would do this here.)

Scabb is obviously being sarcastic. Plus he writes coherent sentences.

So RemiO .. that are coherent points and therefore very right. on simple logical conclusion. i never tried to make you supermods fake for what your function is!

but i meant dont visit the particular dontliked thread. make a better one instead of just closing the other one.

and perhabs i've tried to be ironic.. (splel??)

I hate it when a feedback thread gets posted in a forum reserved for off-topic discussion. ;)

Other than that, I hate hate. Like Ray said (whose English is much more coherent than my German, BTW), there is much more than love and hate. Besides, we all agreed not to post hateful messages when we registered...

:smirk2: Right?

Archived