Home

Expanded universe movie!

Whimseyboy

Um...probably not.

Maybe a TV series or something if Lucas approves and we get some look-alike actors, but right now, the Expanded Universe is so cluttered with different stories and such and such that it is way to hard to fit it ALL into movies. The way the EU is structured right now makes it hard for directors to incorporate an effective and attractive story.

i definitely won't stand for an eu movie without the original actors... i'd like something done along the lines of final fantasy, tho... the graphix were excellent...and hopefully, should another trilogy be planned, it'll be based around the thrawn trilogy so as to reconcile star wars plots with the public.

theforce.net is planning a virtual sequel, i believe, based on the lives of ben skywalker (luke's son) and his bro.

I agree that a real movie would be bogus but a cgi movie would be cool or maybe a animated movie or tv series but the tv series would be about 5 sessions long and a movie would be like the star trak movies not saying I like star trak or anything but It sounds cool.:ang2::snipe1:

Gah. A totally cgi star wars movie would be even worse, though. The amount of cgi Lucas uses is already obscene enough.

no, what's obscene about lucas is his directing...a CGI movie would be great, and the characters would probably end up acting better than those in the prequels.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with benTantilles and Whimseyboy

CG EU movie would be good..... if it was well done. The Osiris was extremely well done, which shows that an SW CG movie could be done to that standard.

Drawn animation though..... <shudders>

Besides, I wanna see more lightsaber duels and space battles involving X-Wings and TIEs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like EU a lot, however there is a lot of clutter in EU. There is always something about SW EU that just doesn't feel like it is worthy of the title Lucasfilm in my opinion. The best EU stories are anything written by T. Zahn. I also like Shadows of the Empire & Truce at Bakura. Other stories are good too, but they feel almost more like I'm reading a book by Bradbury, Asimov, or Roddenbery (Not that this is a bad thing. However it is just not Star Wars'ish enough for me.)

I think it would be a bad idea to make just any Star Wars EU story into a movie. One would have to carefully consider the toll on Star Wars' reputation (which was hurt when TPM came out. DEATH TO THE GUNGAN RACE!!!) However, there is but one EU title that I feel would make an AWESOME EU movie. That is Shadows of the Empire. Now listen to my reasoning before you judge:

*We get to see what happened between ESB & ROTJ, 2 canonical SW sources.

*We get to see Boba Fett in action. That's always a plus.

*We get to see more Vader in action, and lets face it, Darth Vader is the coolest damn bad guy....EVER!!!!!

*Harrison Ford adamantly said he would NEVER do another Star Wars movie. That's fine because Han Solo is frozen in carbonite in SOTE. No loss there.

*Animated CG film would rock. Like someone else said in this thread it could be done in the way that Final Fantasy was done. (Squaresoft would do a good job, but ILM has vastly improved their CG animation standards) They could still use all of the original cast (minus Ford of course). Heck...even a reprise voice role of James Earl Jones would so rock!!

*Dash Rendar is just plain cool.

*Prince Xizor is also really cool.

*It would be interesting to see George Lucas' twist on the matter.

Now if anyone from Lucasfilm reads this post (oh please God, oh please God, oh please!!!!!) then here is something that could be adapted into the SOTE storyline:

*Cameo appearance of Mara Jade as the Emperor's Hand. Nothing real big and flashy, just a scene with her talking to Palpatine.

What does everyone else think?

Y'all are focusing on the EU that takes place during or right after TOT. How bout the stuff that happened before it?

Make a mini-series (like Band of Brothers) that takes place during the Mandalorian Wars, Sith Wars, Great Hyperspace Wars, or something like that. Or if it is going to be that short, make the Exur Kun War. Or what I always thought would make a great series is "Star Wars: War Journels". Once a week, we'd be taken into the life of a rebel or Imperial unit and the battles they fought in. Not all battles took place on the big screen. Maybe follow the Bothan spies as they steal the Death Star plans and get it back to Leia?

Archived