Home

Expanded universe movie!

Whimseyboy

I love EU, and would love to see my fave novels make it to the screen, be it animated, CG or live action film... But I dont think its gonna happen. This is almost like the "Is/When is George Lucas making Epsiodes 7-9, like he said he would??!!" debate. SW is Lucas' baby, and he'd need the energy to do something post Ep3. He's approaching his 60's, still needs to get stuck into Indy 4, then do the OT DVDs, man - our poor GL will be nearly 70 by that time alone......

The fanfilms are fun though, some of them are just excellent, like duality, knightquest and broken allegiance.... For those who havent seen any head over to Theforce.net and go to the theater section....

Also,

fully CG Shadows of the Empire movie would rock!!

..It really is a haze now but I read an interview, where it was mentioned that the SOTE project wasn't dead...what this meant I don't know. I wish I had the specifics of the interview for you guys, but you could track it down somewhere at the force.net...

Probably just a pipe dream though...

Im happy with the games in the meantime, can you imagine how great games will become as computers, and consoles for that matter, evolve. Rebel Assault 2, way back when made me feel part of a EU movie experience....

MTFBWYA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you hear about episode 7? It totoally goes against a ton of EU stuff.

In my opinion, if they made any stuff on the EU, they should be “The Truce at Bakura”, “The Courtship of Princess Leia” and “The New Rebellion” should be episodes 7, 8 and 9. The Young Jedi Knights should be a TV show and maybe even so the X-wing series. Question is, where would they air them?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived