Home

time travelling..

Ray Jones

I have recently come to the belief that time travel is completely possible, but not in the 'Back to the Future' sort of way. It's all kind of confusing to be honest, and it can't be easily explained. You need to have an exceptional understanding of how the fourth dimension looks when viewed from the fifth dimension to truly grasp it, I suppose.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
god, how i wish i could go back in the past and change the biggest mistake i ever made (which i'm not gonna discuss), but i don't really think that time travel could ever be made possible, especially travelling backwards in time, because there's no applicable reverse concept to really put there. possibly you could travel forward in time, but i seriously doubt whether it'd be interesting. i think that you could possibly cut through time (like with a wormhole or something), but that's a different topic. ;)

13 year old me lmfao i'm dying. wtf was this mistake i was referring to? don't even know anymore

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd refer to the Big Book of Voodoo :shads2:

The 4th dimension is time, or so we're told - taking into account that 2D and 3D are all a matter of how many directions something can move, I think it's probably fair to say that if someone figured out how to time travel (I'm going with the faster-than-the-speed-of-light theory), it wouldn't be limited to one direction i.e. they'd be able to travel in the past or future or whichever way's their fancy, but as it was mentioned, because of the whole paradox thing maybe the the effects of traveling back would never even be felt?

I once read a story about someone who could travel in time and he kept bringing his past self into the present but because the past him was now in the present/future, the present/future him ceased to exist so he simply disappeared when he brought the kid to his time with him. Then the kid would grow up and repeat this whole cycle a couple more times before he realized why he kept disappearing when it happened. :p

The 4th dimension is time

This is a very naive and simplified way to look at it.

2D and 3D are all a matter of how many directions something can move

M-theory does hypothesize 11 spatial dimensions.

faster-than-the-speed-of-light

Not in this universe. At the speed of light, something would have infinite mass.

it wouldn't be limited to one direction

Says who?

My favourite time travel story is still this here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Men_Who_Murdered_Mohammed

As we have a couple of new registrants to the forum, I want to know their opinion on how we successfully achieved time travel....

We went to the past by flying around the earth in the direction opposite of its natural rotation at the speed of light plus one.

We went to the future by ingesting the cookies to be found at Rihanna's pool house.

And we can also freeze time by stuffing a dollar bill in the parking meter. :max:

We went to the past by flying around the earth in the direction opposite of its natural rotation at the speed of light plus one.

We went to the future by ingesting the cookies to be found at Rihanna's pool house.

And we can also freeze time by stuffing a dollar bill in the parking meter. :max:

Yup, that about wraps it up :D

This is a very naive and simplified way to look at it.

M-theory does hypothesize 11 spatial dimensions.

Not in this universe. At the speed of light, something would have infinite mass.

Says who?

*shrugs* I'm a doctor not an astrophysicist! :p

Well I'm glad to see we're looking deeply into this, some interesting theories here....

....however, I just meant - if you look at the first posting date, and the last, we've actually achieved time travel....honestly, look, really, ish....ahem

Good God a whole decade! A lot's changed in a decade!! But maybe not everything... :roleyess:

Well I creak when I move these days....:(

Yeah I think it's probably safe to say we've all gotten a little 'creakier' since a decade ago :p

Easy solution: Don't move.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Yeah I think it's probably safe to say we've all gotten a little 'creakier' since a decade ago :p

Thing is though....and sshhhh....keep this to yourself....I think Ray and I are/were among the oldest members of the forum, so this creakiness is extra noticeable now. Not sure how old Zoom is, I always assumed he was like 90 or something :D. Everyone else are like wee young whipper snappers by comparison.

fr6oZIU.gif

And now my breakfast is on the floor! :eek:

Thing is though....and sshhhh....keep this to yourself....I think Ray and I are/were among the oldest members of the forum, so this creakiness is extra noticeable now. Not sure how old Zoom is, I always assumed he was like 90 or something :D. Everyone else are like wee young whipper snappers by comparison.

You're probably right! :giggle1: My first game was Curse, though I remember my brother playing MI2 when I was younger, and he's ten years older than me so yeah :p

fr6oZIU.gif

Oh. My. God. *dies from overexposure to cuteness* :3heart:

Archived