Home

Matrix Revolutions ending revealed? *spoilers*

Bilbo Skywalker

well, this is just a thoery but it fits so perfectly in my opinion, the guy puts forward a verrry good arguement.

I think the way the wachowski's have twisted our minds so far, this would be the perfect ending... just think the title 'the matrix' could be referring to this matrix, and not the one we think about. ;)

if this proves to be true, then its a major spoiler, so read it with a pinch of salt right now, if you think it may possibly ruin the trilogy's final twist, then dont read it. anyhoo... its a long read, but makes so much sense in my opinion...

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=38092

Hey, I don't care what any of you say, I thought that explanation is pure brilliance.

It makes so much sense...anyone who's read about the Plato's Cave theory would understand.

Talk about mind****.

I've read Plato's cave allegory, but I didn't really find out where he was going with that, since around the point he brought it up, my abysmal attention-span kicked in and I kinda wandered off.

So anyway, he makes a brilliant case. I just hope I didn't spoil the whole ending for myself... ooh, is that a butterfly?

*Wanders off*

... You probably also missed that Neo stopped those sentinels at the end of *Reloaded* by generating a EMP burst, and (being a machine) immobilized himself in the process. -- How could you NOT have seen that?!! It's so obvious he collapsed just like the sentinels, and right on cue! Trinity and Morpheus were unaffected because either the blast was directionally focused or else they were out of range.

...THAT is why Bane is also unconscious at the end, and why the attack on Zion was only *spoken of* and not shown immediately beforehand: If said EMP incident had been shown in such close proximity to Neo using the same effect, viewers might have drawn a visual connection between the two repeated events and figured out Neo's trick, thereby spoiling the ironic twist ending. (...which I have spoiled for you instead.)

well then what happened in the first movie after they set off the emp in the end

with that much power in the emp wouldnt they all have stopped working???

that is a major flaw wouldnt you think because if they are machine and the emp either kills or almost kills (I mean you wouldnt set off a nuke while satnding right next to it and live now would you) them then they would know that by now and wouldnt use it and they would also after that probably figure out that they where machine

if I am wrong then please tell me why because I must not understand

Originally posted by Loki GM

well then what happened in the first movie after they set off the emp in the end

with that much power in the emp wouldnt they all have stopped working???

He addressed that. You have to read the WHOLE thing.

hmm... the more i think about it, the more i think 'i dont think so'.. i mean, it could be explained the way he describes, but would it be good end a movie trilogy this way? you need emotional satisfaction when dealing with movies, would you get it if it ended like this? i watched th e matrix 1 last night, and watching it with this guys thoery in mind it kind of sucked, since you are not watching what you think you are watching (even after morpheus explains what the matrix is).

or is that the whole point?

Interesting points... but the filmmakers could be putting all that symbolism in there just to misdirect people into thinking that way too. It's been known to happen.

On another note,.. the guy who came up with and wrote all that REALLY needs to find another hobby. :p

It's still just a movie, after all.

Of course, believing that Keanu Reeves is a machine playing a human isn't that far of a stretch! :p

Archived