Home

The stupid Little things which need to be fixed

Agen

I say we make a big list of small bugs which need to be addressed, those that woudln't really require any major gameplay changes. I'll start

1. The disconnect bug. When someone disconnects after a match finishes in a duel, the person up for a game next is ptu to the end of the queue for no reason.

2. The saber clipping bug, very rarely a person sometimes hits a player in the back and it doesn't connect.

3. Head through walls. Simple thing- When something dies it shouldn't be able to put a body part through a wall

4. The yellow dfa recovery - Sometimes you can do the yellow dfa with no recovery time at all, mostly it happens by being able ot backflip out.

5. Saber clips through crates and other stuff. If you use saber throw, you sidestep behind a crate or a an object and the saber can simple go through it. Depends on what type of thing you are behind i think.

6. Saber and indestrucable glass in sp mostly. Since your saber shortens when it goes into something, when it touches glass it just looks stupid (really short saber)

7. The game doesn't always remember your last force setup. Might jsut be me but it's annoying if there's only 3 people on the server and you end up only being albe to use lgiht stance.

8. Being able to Script the super fast spinny thing. Mostp oeple don't know how to do it, but it's more or less cheating when they do it.

9. Falling. In MP, most of the time if oyu are pushed down or walk off a cliff, you jsut seems fall while standing. Doesn't look good.

10. Players wall walk off each other. I must admit this is good fun but it isn't what it is made for.

11. In MP in Duel_training the saber hurts through the indestructable glass. If somone goes underneath they can hurt the person on top by jumping and attacking.

Feel free to add on all sorts of small things that should be fixed :)

Since all e-mails supposedly get forwarded to Raven, we might as well e-mail them it.

To add to what you said:

ADD IN DECENT SWIMMING!

No more of this crappy "treading water in the vacuum of space" excuse... some decent animations like we had in JK/MotS. And no more of this non-canonical "sabers short out in water" BS.

CTF flag detection.

I don't know if it's because of those stupid little stands they put the flag on or not (the incline bumps you up a little when you hit it) but JK2 is the only quake 3 engine game I've ever run straight *through a flag w/o picking it up.

100+ damage grip counter bug.

You grip a guy and all he has to do while choking is mash jump as fast as possible and hold forward, when the grip breaks he will shoot up straight in the air and if he contacts you be ready for 60-100+ damage (depends on how fast he pressed jump).

The “pull kick a guy in the *back while he is in the recovery of a DFA and take full head on DFA damage” bug.

Self explanatory.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

7. The game doesn't always remember your last force setup. Might just be me but it's annoying if there's only 3 people on the server and you end up only being albe to use light stance.

It happens to me too. On some servers, the game doesn't remember my last force setup. Like when we change to a new map, same server, sometimes my Saber D will have 8 pts taken off so I only have lvl 2 Saber D when on the previous map I had lvl 3.

FYI the lack of recovery time from moves isn't a bug. It's someone exploiting an /am command in the mod you're playing. Hitting certain /amspin, /amtaunt commands during DFA's/Special's will pull you out of them.

Bugs that were NEVER fixed yet were made known in 1.02

1. Blue door on Yavin Temple Tournament CTF. That could be THE most annoying bug. Nothing like trying to get into the base and the door won't open and you get whored from behind.

2. Saber stealing bug. I'm not sure if this only happens on the adminmods, but if it happens on a BaseJK server then it's a big problem.

3. Inviso-saber. This does happen on BaseJK and was never fixed. Not going to tell people how to do it because it's a royal pain in the ass as it causes huge damage when "idle" where idle saber damage is only supposed to cause 1 hp damage.

Saber steal (or throw it and it's lost) is a mod bug.

vulcan/ja all of them had it but I *think it was fixed in the last ja mod.

I know what you are talking about with the emote to kill recovery time from specials but there is a bug w/ the yellow dfa in base jk2.

2 bugs actually.

1- is random and the recovery time is non existent.

Sometimes you will come right out of it in base jk2, rare but it happens.

2-Is the "bump back" from a cancelled yellow dfa. It's very hard to explain but I can demo it next time I see crow, he does it to me all the time.

You basically start a yellow dfa and stop it and hop back, in doing so the opponent is shoved back by some unseen force a few steps (similar to kick knock back). This works from 10-20 feet out so there is no actual player to player contact, but the knock back still happens.

It's annoying as hell because if you go to start a swing and move in they can bump you back and cancel out your swing animation.

yes, there is a bug in teh yellow dfa, you can jump out easily if you figgure out the timeing. also, the one thing i wanna see for sure in JA, is teh ability to acually use some keys on the keyboard when playing back a demo. i may not make videos, but i fell terrible about how annoying it must be to write scrips for some of the shots they get in them. even if it were just the F keys, that would be something.

The unbreakable glass is not a bug, that's just when the designers didn't want you to break through that glass.

Once again, I point to the Open Jedi Project for JA, which aims to fix bugs and enhance the game for developers and players. Minor gameplay imbalances and bugs would be among these. Please visit the thread on the editing forum if you're interested in helping in development...

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104564

Emon, I know the glass is supposed to be indestructable, it's just that if you stick your saber into it, instead of pushing you or your saber back, your saber just magically shortens in length :rolleyes:

Like i said, it's no big annoyance it just looks stupid. I'll also look into the project you directed me to :)

FYI the lack of recovery time from moves isn't a bug. It's someone exploiting an /am command in the mod you're playing. Hitting certain /amspin, /amtaunt commands during DFA's/Special's will pull you out of them.

I refuse to paly with any of mods (with the exception of metamod every now and again, no emotes or any crap btw) and i can do it myself (not that i intend to, it unbalances it and i don't intend to exploit it). It's quite easy to backflip out of it as long as you know the timing and practice it quite a bit but alot of the time it's just random.

Another bug which i remembered - Yellow and Red DFA head thingy. When you do a red dfa you somtimes land on their head and they can hit you really easy when a DFA on the head should hurt more than an oridnary one.

With yellow you sometimes get your aim perfect but you stand on their head meaning you do hardly any damage to them. :rolleyes:

This aint brain surgery - it's common sense that you aren't able to balance on someones head after coming out of a hard-to-do move.

EDIT: Slap nut- it's like a cheat where you bind a move in a .cfg file.

If you have absorb on, an opponents force pull shouldn't cause your character to go into a defensive stance, thus leaving you open to the 'ol saber throw pull attack. If you don't have absorb on, then sure it should work, but if you do, then the you should be immune.

Here's a bug I want to see fixed...

The surrender dance.

I'm sick of when you sometimes pull a weapon out of an enemy's hand, they start running around in circles like a headless chicken, picking up weapons that they never shoot. If they're going to run, they might as well run away from you. They could alert a platoon in the next room and lead them charging back at you. (that would be cooler than the standard stormies-never-try-to-find-you-unless-they-can-see-you) If they pick up weapons, they should be able to use them on you. It would gel with the "underhanded" nature of the Empire. You leave the surrendering stormtrooper to move on to other goals, but he runs over and picks up a weapon from a fallen comrade and shoots you in the back. It would call for more caution around disarmed opponents. They could even try to punch you. (like in MotS. Though I've never played it, I've heard enemies do that to you) In short, Raven should do an overhaul on enemies so they don't act like they're Bee-Jees fans and make them act like they're willing to die for their Empire.

hell yeah! would stop that silly tactic of walking into a room and just disarming the whole platoon.

Running away would be good in that you would have to catch them all before they alert anyone else. Picking up weapons or drawing backup weapons (knives/pistols) or even punching would be cool too.

As a thought.... surely lightside players shouldn't be able to disarm people, then slaughter them :confused:

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

7. The game doesn't always remember your last force setup. Might jsut be me but it's annoying if there's only 3 people on the server and you end up only being albe to use lgiht stance.

That is really annoying for me, and I don't like it when you do a YDFA and stand on your opponenets head and do no damage. You'd think it'd do more than usual.

I just want 1 thing to be fixed...

the saber gameplay.. u just randomly swing.. i want it to be tactical.. that there is a block key and stuf.. u can choose how u strike.. up? lefT? right....

make it more like kotor and movie like, the q3 engine CAN to that

Originally posted by PrimoSidone

the saber gameplay.. u just randomly swing.. i want it to be tactical.. that there is a block key and stuf.. u can choose how u strike.. up? lefT? right....

KOTOR is turn based, and thus, the fights look much more realistic. I agree with you, however, that there should be more skill involved in saber combat... But it's not gonna happen I'm afraid :(

Originally posted by PrimoSidone

Are you off your head man? That's probably the biggest game change you could make! If you randomly swing then you can't be very good. If it was made more rpgish and movie like the game woudln't be so gamish and it would become boring/ turn based/ less fun. I'm sure most people who are game regulars would agree with me.

I have played prince of persia 3d.... infact, i went out and bought it. IMO i totally didn't like it - mostly the level design.

Archived