Home

Monkey Island Soundtracks

Laserschwert

Oh wow...This is the best news since CMI! Of the several tracks I've listened to so far...AMAZING. It's like finding a whole pile of Michael Land music that we never knew existed. The Highland MIDI's were/are great, but this is just too much.

And I just got my DSL working again too. Joy! :monkey4:

Can't wait to see the covers when they get hosted.

Laserschwert, may you enjoy a long and prosperous life, my friend. Can't wait to indulge in Sam & Max and your upcoming projects as well!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll second the notion for the Dinky Island tunes. In fact, I think both tunes, The Beach and The Jungle, are some of the best music in the game. However, very few MP3s or MIDIs of those exist.

Recently I listened to Brian Eno's Ambient 1: Music for Airports. Track 4, called 2/2, sounded a bit like the Jungle music and I got so nostalgic that I played through MI2 again (I don't really play any games any more you see). I do however relish game music that reminds me of all the memories of playing these great games. Nice work!

Thank you guys.

I've been rather busy, so no covers for you, yet.

But I'll try to get it fixed before the weekend. And since there's so much hassle uploading my files to the webspace I used (and even MORE hassle downloading them): Isn't there a way to give me a "visitors account" on the Scummbar-FTP? It really would make things a lot easier.

Plus, how much space could I use? I mean, the four Monkey Island soundtracks themselves would take up about 380MB... plus the Sam & Max soundtrack with additional 60MB (and maybe the DOTT-soundtrack sometime later... maybe again around 60 more megabytes).

Anyway, concerning that Dinky-island tune... is it one of those 3 MIDI-files from the demo, or is there a MIDI-file of it somewhere else?

By the Dinky Island tunes, we don't mean any of the three odd tunes from the demo. Rather, that refers to the music that plays in the final game when you land on the Dinky Island beach and when you wander around its forest in search of the X.

Originally posted by Laserschwert

But I'll try to get it fixed before the weekend. And since there's so much hassle uploading my files to the webspace I used (and even MORE hassle downloading them): Isn't there a way to give me a "visitors account" on the Scummbar-FTP? It really would make things a lot easier.

I don't think that should be a problem, other than the fact that we're currently kinda site-less. I'll see if I can get DJG to set something up.

Of course they can be ripped from the game . . . they're in the game, after all.

I just didn't say that they could because I didn't know how you were making these MP3s, and so I didn't know if you based them off of tunes from the game, or from MIDIs on the Internet, or what.

Well, I was using the MIDIs from HighLand Productions, so I wonder why they haven't ripped that Dinky Island one (or if they did, why I don't have it)...

Concerning the FTP, that would be fantastic. But as I said, I could easily fill 600 MB with my stuff... and don't worry about not having a site, because I will put the links up on my site, if it's ok.

I thought it interesting that, upon closer inspection, the section labeled Dinky Island tunes on your CD covers, only has tunes from Monkey Island (All the tunes occur after he has found Big Whoop and is in the tunnels under Monkey Island).

I suggest you do not change the title of that section, simply add some tunes...

Ah, I finally get to see the covers! They're good, but can I make a suggestion? Make some CD covers. Anyone who owns a stomper, or presser or whatever you call them, could print them off and stick them onto the CD to make it look even better. Thats what I did with my Monkey Island soundtrack.

is anyone else having problems downloading the .jpg's for MI2 (and all of them really.. ) im on a t1 line and it will start downloading fine then, seemingly randomly, it will act like its finished and im left with a partial jpg .. this is really frustrating!!! could someone possibly mirror them on a more reliable server somewhere?

Yeah, I am sorry... but as a matter of fact, the server is crap.

I've been rather busy this week, and so I hadn't had a chance to deal with it, but I'll try changing the host (again) this weekend.

Sorry for the inconveniences, and thanks for your interest in my stuff...

I think you've uploaded the images to the server in the wrong way. and so we can't download them. Are you sure your uploading them in binary mode. Well thats what the proplem looks like it could be in to me but I'm not completely sure.

Well, I DID upload them in binary mode... but we won't have to care about that anymore... because I have MOVED!!

The Soundtrack CD Covers of Monkey Island

(final URL... for the time being... hopefully)

So, thanks to RemiO for helping me with setting up the site on the ScummBar-server.

The covers are still uploading, so you should be be able to get them in an hour or two.

But therefore the last MP3 from my MI2-soundtrack is online (Track 16 on CD 2). Just go to the download page on my site. Enjoy!

You have to right-click and save them... I don't know why left-clicking it doesn't work (for me left-clicking results in a broken image at ALL the covers, not just MI2).

I thought about putting the covers in a ZIP (which wouldn't change much in terms of size, but would force a download window to pop-up)...

Archived