Home

explain your name ..

Ray Jones

.. ok i saw a similar thread over at the StarWarsKnights.Net .. that's the MI-Edit of it ..

everybody has a name in this forums (hey.. how did i get the idea for such a spectacular theory??) .. most of them where give by ourselves for certain reasons and issues ..

Please be so kind and have your name explained here .. concering following points:

Why?

What does it mean?

You also can can ask for a names explanation if you want (and the asked person will answer if he/she wants..), but if you do so, be so kind and explain your name first/too.

So ..

my name is .. is .. IS *looks to his avatar..* err, Ray Jones, Ray G. Jones

lets see: Ray is just Ray.. (I think with decent influence from Ray Stance from the Ghostbusters .. just because i liked how 'Ray' sounds )

Jones .. Jones .. how the crap i got to Jones .. :rolleyes:

G. ..:dozey: no. guess it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the worst name ever, which came about because I used to run a crappy geocities-based site called "Scabb Island". Of course, I couldn't be bothered remembering two logins, so when I first signed up for the mojo forums back when they were seperate, I chose the username "scabbisland" rather than coming up with something creative (i.e. An actual name). I eventually shortened it to 'scabb' to alleviate some of the lameness.

I'm not the only victim of this trap though, as I'm sure LucasTones and mymipage will tell you ;

Well, err, my name explanation's sort of boring.

Basically, when I registered here I decided I didn't want the hassle of remembering various screennames, so I just used my penname from Fanfiction.Net, Tyraa Rane.

I'm not quite sure what my name means. All I know is it's a combination of two Scandinavian first names, which I picked because I'm obsessed with Scandinavian music and culture. Though, according to kabalarians, a baby naming website I tend to use when naming characters, "Tyraa" means I'm easy-going but refined and "Rane" implies that I'm serious-minded, responsible and stable. How, erm, interesting.

let me explain my life concerning my usernames. when i first signed up, i was 'ricardoluigi...', meaning admiral casaba in mi4. don't ask why, i haven't got a clue. well, i had made that name at my dad's apartment, and i wanted to post here, at my actual house where i live. i had been using cookies, and i didn't know the password, so i tried so many different things and it didn't work. so i made a new account and decided to ditch that one. it was called 'suuri yksl', which is finnish for 'great one', even though 'yks' means one, as in the number, that's what it said in the finnish-engilsh dictionary. so i had been doing fine, until i decided to tell my friend (mo goya, remember her?) about coming here, so she came here and made her sig mention something about what i had said and it was my idea. of course, i don't want her mentioning me in her sig because sometimes it's kinda embarrassing being her friend (esp. here, since she posted the way she did because of me), so since i had known her password, i logged out to edit out the parentheses that had said "suuri yksl's idea". at that point, i had been saving up credits to get a username change to 'das mole'. of course, because of the lovely cookies, i didn't know my password. it was a big disaster, and i had to make a new username to get somebody to help me back into suuri yksl. of course, i was so idiotic as to make the username say 'das mole', so even if i did change back, i wouldn't be able to get the name change. so i had to have somebody help me get suuri yksl back, i complained because i wanted das mole, so they said, "go back on suuri yksl, i gave you the total amount of posts from all of your accounts, and i'd prefer if you'd go back", and i didn't. so then he offered to give it a name change to das mole, so i said yes, and so now i'm das mole, this is actually suuri yksl with a name change, and that's the story of my usernames.

pretty interesting, huh? and that part about the das mole- suuri yksl issue went on for about a week to two weeks. so i've decided i'd never bother another moderator, super-moderator, or administrator about anything ever again.:p

*krrrk, Fascinating!*

So .. THATs actually a story like i never heard before .. as i may understand right.. it all started with YOU being CONFUSED about your passwords .. lol.

.. But what about "Das Mole".. does it mean some .. ?

is it a 'nonconfusion'-language??

hmm...

Well, pHILBRUSH is my usename cos, erm, uh.... Oh yeah, right. Anyway, once I was editing a pic of guybrush from mi2 with paint (I gave him a pistol, red jacket, white hair, and he was black...) and I hadn't yet finnished, but my mum called me for my dinner,

so, I saved it as Phil's edit of Guybrush(my real name's Phil) but decided to shorten it cos i couldn't be bothered, so i shortened it to "Philbrush" but the caps key was on so it turned out to be "pHILBRUSH". now I'm gonna go jump off a cliff(My teacher told me i wouldn't jump off a cliff if my mate told me to, I'm gonna prove her wrong....)

-Phil's edit of GuybrushpHILBRUSH :p

actually, all that das mole means is "the mole" in german. they used that in the show "the mole" sometimes on certain pictures and for one game and stuff. and das sounds better than 'the'. i mean, i don't mind people calling me 'das', but if people were calling me 'the' instead, i'd go nuts!

"Reaper Girl" was the name of a story i was writing about a girl who dies and has to take over Death's job to prevent the apolcolaspe(no, i was not on drugs. i was 12). I stopped writing it, but then recently decided to try writing it again(at 16). It was going pretty well, untill the seires "Dead Like Me" came out. It was just too similair. I cried and cried.

I used "Reaper Girl" as a pen-name for sometime, but then i gots a new one, Orca Wail.

Why does anyone care? Its just a name!

(although Das Mole's story was...interesting)

Originally posted by Das Mole

actually, all that das mole means is "the mole" in german. they used that in the show "the mole" sometimes on certain pictures and for one game and stuff. and das sounds better than 'the'. i mean, i don't mind people calling me 'das', but if people were calling me 'the' instead, i'd go nuts!

.. but in German it would be "DIE Mole" .. (You know for THE we could say DER, DIE, DAS ..

DIE is the female pronoun .. Der male, DAS would be (???) the word for wether male than female ..

;)

[edit] .. hey .. why do YOU still have a glow and ME not..??

ReaperGirl ..

I dont care to WHAT the name is too.. i'm just interested in HOW you actually got you name .. and perhabs WHY you decided like this .. sya .. what means REAPER .. ?

DJG .. BRAK???? Explain DJG .. sugarplease ..

My first attempt at suicide, putting my full name on the internet :p.

Meh, I was young and for some reason, all the cool names were gone (somebody actually had Joshh).

Then my friend copied me and came on here calling himself Robin Johnson. That was short lived, if anyone remembers that little incident. And in case you were wandering, I found out later that he was Legolas T.

But yeah, this is my real and full name (not even a middle name). And I can't be bothered to explain the deep spiritual reasons to my name.

*Claps hands together and smiles*

Oh, I hate telling this story. XD

Ok when i first came here, I wanted a boring name just plain "Guybrush". Obviously it was already taken. After attempys, I settled with Guybrush M-T. [Guybrush M-T (Marley Threepwood)]

After some time I was thinking of changing my name, I think....

In Geography class we were studying Europe, right now, Scandinavia. I was interested in Norway, because I'm Norwegian. So I saw the "Kjølen Mountain Range" running through Norway and a bit of Sweden. In the Book, it was spelled two ways; Kjølen and Kølen. I asked the teacher, and he said either was fine. I put down for my answer "Kjølen" because it just looked better with the 'j'. I thought that was a cool name, so I asked ZeroXcape, and BLAM! My name is Kjølen. :D

Oh and it's NOT Kyolen, not Kuh-jo-len, its Koh-len. Like colon. XD

~Kjølen

Andy - a derivation of my name

The Captain part, well....

I had wanted a swashbuckling air to my username, so I thought up all these lovely descriptive, misspelled adjectives and titles. The one I decided on was "Bluddface." I'd be "Bluddface Andy." As soon as I decided, I stopped thinking about it. That is, until I saw something like "thank you for registering, Captain Andy," and realizing I had made a slight absent-minded mistake....

But I like Captain Andy better. Nice air of authority, there.

Actually, 'Zoom Rabbit' has nothing to do with the Max character. :max: As far as I'm concerned, he's ripping off from me.

When I first registered in the podracing forum at the old JK.Net, I picked this name because the Neva Kee racer I use has the character's ears sticking out of the cockpit like two rabbit ears. The 'Zoom' part comes into play when you floor the racer itself...

:racer:

My name is LuX....as you might have seen.....errr right!

LuX is latin for Light, and I always like to brawl about my level of education........just kidding.

Me and a friend of mine play Warcraft III online together, and his name was NoX; that way I thought it was appropriate to name nyself LuX......:confused:

If I'm in a jaunty mood, I occasionally tell people that it stands for: "educated liberal"... but since that usally leads to all kinds of ugly political dicussions, I don't say it very often anymore.

My first name is Ed.

Anybody wanna make a wild stab at what the first 3 letters of my last name are? ;)

Fairly understandable

Cutthroat was a title in the Pirate ages around 1500-1850

it implied that the person was a cutthroat.

You could only be called Cutthroat if you had a reputation of having decapitated a few or more people (greusome)

Cutthroat_Nick = Nick the Pirate who has cut the heads off his enemies!!

Archived