Home

explain your name ..

Ray Jones

My name has an interesting story

It all began one cold dark misty night on an ocean fishing vessel.

I was standing on the back deck leaning agaist the rail listening to the waves hitting the hull and feeling the salty spray of the sea. When all at once the mighty tuna god came form the sea and struck me down onto the deck. "Murray!" it called which everyone knows is Celtic and means sailor, "Murray beware! For you senseless slaughter of my brethren will not go unpunished” I pulled myself up and looked into my attackers face. I then began to wonder how it might taste smothered in butter and blackened in a frying pan or how it would look on my wall next to my last victim. So I grabbed the baseball bat that was sitting on the bait tank next to me and hurled myself at it. I swong at his head with all my strength, the creature screeched as the bat made contact with his slimy skin but because of the slick slime that covered him I did not get a good blow to him. The bat had slid from his face causing me to slump over giving him the opportunity to kick my in the chest. I then was thrown in the air and I landed with my back hitting the stairs to the upper deck. I then ran up the steps looking for what I could use to capture my prey. I grabbed a rope, made a loop in it, and picked up a long bamboo rod with two points on the end. I then slid down a cable that led to the fist deck. I stabbed the tuna god and then slipped the rope over his head. The force of my spear like rod, caused him to fly back into the water. The rope was going fast so I quickly began to tie it to the rail. The rope tightened and then all of the sudden went slack. I thought that I had lost him but he jumped out of the water and dragged me into the sea with him. There we fought for quite some time but his wound was too great and with the rope around his neck if he relaxed his muscles any little bit it would snap it like a twig. That eventually did happen, and when it did I climbed the rope back onto the boat and haled in my prize. Now all tuna and all fish fear me when I go by. The call me Tuna Destroyer Murray, or TunaMurray

It’s a true story ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a link through the SCUMM bar, and took a "whats your pirate name?" test.

My pirate name turned out to be Mad Anne Bonnie, on account of me truthfully answering the quiz and putting I was madder than a bucket full of deranged monkeys. It stuck- and it seemed appropriate on this forum. Everywhere else my name is Dagger, after the girl in Final FantasyIX. Look out for me!!

Luv Bonnie:D

My name's story is quite sad really because it was about 5 or so years ago when i was writing really stupid things on a message board of the main page of BHlegend.com, and so i wanted to be anonymous, so i called myself Anomonous Guy...

Yes, i did not know how to spell Anonymous :monkbomb: So yeah, the name kinda stuck with me for the last 4 or 5 years as an online name... my other name is Chris2685, but i only use that on msn and in email addresses and stuff, or i use Anom2685...

I like my name tho, coz it is never taken, whereas Anonymous Guy probably would be :)

Right, let someone with an interesting nick explain it.... ;)

Well in 2000 before EMI was released some screenshots came out with planet threepwood in them . I registered planetthreepwood.com with name zero or something which they took back... gits anyway someone in #mi suggested I could use the acronym as a nick. Planet Threepwood Dot Com - see. *sigh* Happy days...

Happened after a drunken weekend back in 1993. Some freinds of mine decided to buy a rediculous amount of booze, and rent both the Star Wars Trilogy, and The Evil Dead Trilogy. When Ash says "Groovy" in Evil Dead 2, that is like one of my favorite movie lines ever. One of my buddies jokingly blurted out "Darth Groovy", and the name stuck. I'm thinking of legally having my name changed to Darth Groovy, just to see it on my license. :dmaul3:

Originally posted by mercatfat

I get this one all the time, but I always just try to change the subject and move on.

It's kind of embarrassing, but the truth is that it's Taftacrem backwards. :/

Hmmm I've always read it as Merc The fat cat, even when i look at it thats the sentence i say....yeah...

Mamba, Logan was taken Logan=name, useing my last name never occured to me but every other forum you'll see me as "Logan Fray". Now why Mamba? I don't know....i really dont..i actually had a long list of nicknames: Jinny (orgin: Qui-Gon Jinn, clan got lazy and started saying Jinny) , L.F. (orgin: my name but then it would look weird registering as Lf on LF), and more but i dont like the rest.

• 1 month later...

dear mods,

i'm errmm sorry? to bump? this thread?

sue me if i bothered you with that.. but i thought there are a few new people how havent outed themselfes this way yet.. :D

dear others, new ones,

the topic is still the same ..

EXPLAIN YOUR NAME..

HERE!

NOW!

errmm..

please.

:)

Well, I thought that it was my own creation at first...

One of the two main characters in one of the Arabian Nights (Akil)

+

Female antagonist of The Chronicles of Prydain (Achren)

+

a syllable used to describe something like lemon juice (acrid)

=

Akril

Then I realized that it was a variation of the spelling of "acryl" (as in acrylic paint). Makes sense. I am an artist (though I haven't touched a paintbrush in years).

Akril was also the name I used when I first played SQ1, as well as the name I used on the Subspace Channel, where I often wondered what this "Monkey Island" thingy was that all the members were talking about.

Now I know.

Akril

Archived