Home

explain your name ..

Ray Jones

I've had about 10-15 different names here. [Would you beleive it?] And all of them were totally and utterly crap.

Heres how I got Kanjo Past :

I was doing a stupid nickname thing by STTCT to change your username to something stupid, and just after I changed it into this THEY DELETED THE FRIGGING STORE! :mad: Now I can't get it back. And any username I would use again would suck even more.

:fist:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real name = Morten but no-one can spell 'en' so my name is also Morton, Mortin, Mortyn, Mortan, Mortem, Mortom, Mortim, Mortym, or some combination of the above. So, everyone called me 'Mort' instead, and when we were about 7 we noticed that it sort of sounds like 'Wort', as in 'Wort-Hog', so a clever mixture of that was 'Mort-Hog' and I've been called that ever since! Also appropriate, as I'm pig ugly.

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit

Actually, 'Zoom Rabbit' has nothing to do with the Max character. :max: As far as I'm concerned, he's ripping off from me.

When I first registered in the podracing forum at the old JK.Net, I picked this name because the Neva Kee racer I use has the character's ears sticking out of the cockpit like two rabbit ears. The 'Zoom' part comes into play when you floor the racer itself...

:racer:

*cry*

The poor, deleted, Racer forum...:(

My name comes from a metal suit. That, and I like cardinals. ^^

Well....erm....

Mine happens to translate to "Prince of the Halflings" from The Lord of the Rings. I did misspell it, though, because when I first got it, It needed to be a couple of letters shorter (for a different site) so I took out an I and an extra N. The name stuck with me through years of use. It's been a good name.

Farewell,

Ernil

HEY .. so many names .. and each is different ..

even the totally unknown DGJJG showed up .. but it's not really refreshing news to his name he left .. but perhabs he will return again and say more??

*prepares a Class(A)-trap for admin hunting*

(first post i saw of you djg .. )

hmm lets see .. who wasnt here yet (i mean who doesnt wrote .. i'm sure they lurked) ..

ahh.. my good old spicysmellin fellow Carl Shutt!

he could kill me every moment i dont watch it.. nah.. that's what i say .. he's just peace itself, arent you carl?? .. ;)

hey and mercatfat .. it might be me.. but i dont saw you here before ..

:wavey: .. so hellaaauuuu!!

i honestly request you both to explain your name here ..

(Carl: after this, leave a critic for me..)

oh and i forgot.. Roy .. RoyTordesLegend .. would you be so f.in kind to explain why your name should be like legendary??? You better have some good answer .. oh and if your still ill .. here.. *catches some PWR UPS flying around and gives them to Roy* .. hey you look better now ..

:p

OK, years ago I was "GollumGuy." Gollum, of course, taken from Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings." And "Guy," well, you know. "Guy."

Then for a VERY short time, somewhere I had the name "Wahaika," which is a New Zealand Maori weapon.

My longest standing names have been "Dragon" (e-mail's Dragon_fafnir. Fafnir was a dragon of Norse mythology), and "Enchilada Man."

"The Enchilada Man" was a song in the Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis movie, "Scared Stiff," with Carmen Miranda (the lady with the fruit basket on her head). I thought it was a catchy song and a catchy name, so I picked it as an internet name several years ago.

Oh and by the way Mole, it's good you didn't keep "suuri yksl" as your name, because it's misspelled (suuri yksi would be correct).

yeah, right after i had registered i figured that out. the stupid dot over the i was so close that it looked like an l and i couldn't tell which one was right, so i chose yksl, but then i looked closer and saw that it was an i. oh well. i actually got sick of it after about two days, and i like this name better, so i guess it's good that i got "locked out" of my username.

ah yes it has finally come down to this when someone finally asked the question of why we have our names and alas i have stumbled upon it well it is now time to tell the tale as to why i have the name of hotdog man

it all started about 4 years ago in a semi small town or was it a big town no wait ya it was a big town and in a really bad school i mean darn there wasn't one student who didnt' not hate it oh man there it goes again i lost my dramatic effect oh well.......

:camra pans to two kids sitting at a pair of desks side by side.

friend: i'm bored

me: me too, what ya wanna do?

friend: i dunno wanna draw stuff?

me: ok sure

:i grab a pencile and paper and draw the first thing that comes to mind and it just happenes to be a small comic:

friend: "noticing the comic i drew" wow dude that's pretty cool can i read it?

me: i doubt you'll be able to read it you'd need a translator for that

friend: na i can read it. "after reading it" dude this is pretty funny you should do more

me: hmmmmm ya maybe but what should we call this guy?

friend: hmmm i dunno how bout the hamburger man?

me: na too corney hmm how bout the hotdog man

friend: hmmm ya it'll work!

me: "begines to make more comics of the hotdog man"

:camera fades out:

well then after a few years of peers verbaly abusing me and hanging around crazy friends and after watching a whole lot 'o disterbing cartoons and movies somehow the charictor of the hotdog man who is an evil food vendor bent on taking over the world fused into my very way of life and now here i am a crazy food vendor bent on taking over the world.

well that's my story i hope it helped in clearing up what could be the greatest mystery to ever hit the forums Why is this guy's name The hotdog man?

• 2 weeks later...

ehem ehem ..

*cough*

this thread keeps informations that should not get lost..

:D

so .. again ..

here you can explain your name and if you read through the thread you may be finding some nice and awful stories .. :D:D:D

now go on say hello and tell us why and how you found and better name than that rayjonesdude ..

:)

okay, well, i got my username because first i signed up as ricardoluigi..., and then... (revert to my first post on this thread to find out the full story)

maybe we could explain why are sig's are what they are... or not... maybe i could make an extremely boring topic where you have to post all of the avatars you've ever had. for me, there'd be about 20-30 or something. possibly 40.

Guybrush for Guybrush Threepwood, duh. It is, after all, an MI forum.

And 122 because it used to be 112. A while back under the name Guybrush112 (112 being a personal favorite number) the account got screwed up. When I re-signed on to the forums I made a typo so, thusly, hencely, and hence-forthly, I was known as GB122.

Interesting huh?

*crickets*

Originally posted by Das Mole

actually, all that das mole means is "the mole" in german. they used that in the show "the mole" sometimes on certain pictures and for one game and stuff.

Originally posted by RayJones

.. but in German it would be "DIE Mole" .. (You know for THE we could say DER, DIE, DAS ..

DIE is the female pronoun .. Der male, DAS would be (???) the word for wether male than female ..

Actually if he means this TV series/reality TV show where they hunted guys with cameras then it would be "der Maulwurf". But it could also be "die Mole" or "der Hafendamm" in the nautical sense, "der Leberfleck" in the medical/anotmical sense or "das Mol" in the chemical sense.

My name hails from me being a fan of the Alien movies (at least the first three. Since the name "Alien" is taken most everywhere you want to register it, I decided to add the number 426. By doing so it connects to the second (and in my opinion best) movie - the planet where the Aliens were found is called LV-426 (nicknamed "Acheron", from greek mythology: the river of pain in the Hades across which Charon ferried the souls of the dead). It also points to the masses of Aliens which would of course not have a name. Kinda geekish, no?

well, i dunno. they had one game/mission/thing where they were on a submarine and they had to play underwater charades or something and then it said "operation das mole now preparing for submersion" or something when the submarine was going under the water. then on another game, the first round of the final exemption game, then there were pictures of these boats and they said "das mole" for the name of the boat. people thought it was a clue as to frederique being the mole because das was dutch for the, but then people were also saying it was german or something. i don't know. it sounds better than "the mole", though, doesn't it?

Archived