Home

Kicking

Agen

No, this aint a post about how lame kicking is or anything :rolleyes: so calm down :)

I was up at my friends house, on his nice 3ghzish pc (0.66 or sommat) playing some jk2 when i decided to have a 'lil game of jk2 while he was out to get some chips.

I wasn't doing playing great or anything (but winning :D) until i kicked a guy.... veery easily. From then on I ended up spamming kick in a state of shock seeing how easy it was to pull of compared to my machine.

So can any kick meisters (like FK) able to tell me the speed of their comps so i can see if i even have a chance of getting anywhere near as good as i did on that computer with just pure skill?

Oh and my friend's computer had a very neat Radeon 9800 i believe :D

well up to a certain point, speed does matter. like if for some reason (****e machine, ****e finger speed, etc) you can't double jump fast enough... easily fixed by binding to mwheel. but when someone is called an expert kicker, it usually means the quality of aiming/timing their kick. speed alone can't make u a great kicker. it'll give you decent counters (for when people are in the air/rolling/swinging/when ur getting off ground), but it won't get you to the point where u can even come close to savant on that demo uj posted a while back. to be a great kicker, u gotta plan and time ur kicks such that you can pull/push in one direction, kick them in another direction, NOT overshoot, and NOT leave urself open to a counter. i'm > than most people in kicks, but i'm still pretty much a n00b at kicks, i.e. i'm still gonna go flying off the edge in ns_streets trying to defend with kicks. it takes practice :p

Originally posted by CanadianSurfer

Oh... my... god...

Quit it with this kick complaining crap.

LOL, erm... Surfer - Did you read the posts above you? :p

Agen, it's weird you saying about cpu speed having to do with kick maybe, cos I'm only on a 1ghz, and I can't always pull it off, mind you, I'm not that great at it either. But I know what you mean, once I do a couple, I tend to start spamming it a bit, which really winds up the fanboys :p

B.

Oh... my... god...

If you read my post you would see i wasn't complaining :rolleyes:

sheesh. Talk about whining :/

FYI i kick quite alot and never complain about anything.

I'm on a 1.4 ghz (well it's supposed to be but it actually goes around 1.3), which my computer illiterate friends call the slow coach (how original) because of their spanky new machines they get/got for christmas :rolleyes:... Still, i have the knowledge :D

speed alone can't make u a great kicker.

Yes but if you are great with speed then you are almost unstoppable in the kicking department. :)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104000

Ummm...what's your normal frames-per-second? I checked mine for the first time just now and it was about 20-40 on the lowest settings (just me and a bot in Bespin).

OMFG

I got my uppgrade. I had no idea kicking was this easy! I can kick anything that flies by now! Pull-kicks anf frontal grip kicks are easy as hell too. I can't believe that my lousy FPS had such a huge impact on kicking. No more relying on sidekicks for me.

That's me a few days back. I couldn't believe how much my kicking improved the second I got a decent fps.

i know nobody wants to hear this (lol) but i really do think that the current kicks in the game should be removed (that is using the force jump off people)

either that or make it that somebody takes double damage while airborn to make it more risky (and in fact probably more realistic)

i use kicks quite a bit in mp but recently i just stopped and thought ... shnit!! this is SOO dumb!! as if you could really hit a jedi with something as goofy as that without toppling or injuring him first....??? :rolleyes:

when i started playing JK2 i was on Cable but had a p3 600 pc with a cheap arse 64 meg Geforce2. and used to think every one had kick scripted.

well i got a new/secondhand comp off a freind 1gig proc laods of fast mem. card was still a GeForce2 but was not a cheap arse one.

all of a sudden i was able to start getting kicks in. no need to stand next to a ledge and duck :p

so ya system i think can make a big diffrence.

Originally posted by Pyro

BUTT |)4/27H /V\4LL |)1|) 1T 2 0B1 VV4/V + Qu33/2 G0/V3 G1/V 1/V 3P150/)3 VV0/V! U H4\/3 K/V0VV H0N0/2 U /V00B!

HAHAHAHA, lmao, rofl!! omg! man in the movies NOBODY jumps in the air and kicks! ;) in JA they are introducing new standing kicks like what are used in the movies. what i was implying is that there is so little risk currently in kicking, when realisticly you are almost jetisoning a limb in the attempt. if i recall correct, in every instant that darth maul did it he had either tied up the opponent's saber or staggered them with a blow first.

Realisticly, who in their right mind would kick over slashing someone if they had a lightsaber in their hands?! its like Xena lol!! thats why i don't like it! coz of the impractical reality of kicking! :p

btw mate, it took me about 5mins to read your message after transfering it from gungan to english. lol :p

kidding ;)

Originally posted by Rockstar

what i was implying is that there is so little risk currently in kicking, when realisticly you are almost jetisoning a limb in the attempt. if i recall correct, in every instant that darth maul did it he had either tied up the opponent's saber or staggered them with a blow first.

Realisticly, who in their right mind would kick over slashing someone if they had a lightsaber in their hands?! its like Xena lol!! thats why i don't like it! coz of the impractical reality of kicking!

Ok so now I'm agreeing even with Rockstar...what's the world coming to..? Must be the heat wave that's been tormenting me all week. :D

Ok so now I'm agreeing even with Rockstar...what's the world coming to..?

ditto man.... ditto. (and 31 degrees here :( )

Also, reading your post tempts me to put the graphics down to 640x480, low geometric and low texture jsut so i can

kick some ass... gettit? gettit? :D

Originally posted by Rockstar

Realisticly, who in their right mind would kick over slashing someone if they had a lightsaber in their hands?!

I know what you're saying but it's only an option! ;) No-one's forcing you to kick!

It's the kind of thing that, if it wasn't in the game - someone would ask 'why not' and make a mod for it. Look at all the e-motes for Kyle's sake! Who'd sit down or kiss someone in the middle of a free-for-all battle? :rolleyes:

Still...

:DB.

Oh... my... god...

Originally posted by [fk]mediablitz

Surf was joking

They obviously don't understand and are offended by my anti-RPG comment.

Erm, I ain't offended but you're right - I don't understand. And I can't see an anti-RPG comment from you in here... and I don't give a crap either way about RPG...

:confused:

B.

They obviously don't understand and are offended by my anti-RPG comment.

'They' is 'he' and there were no signs that it was a joke, no smilies and you simply say stop complaining.... to me it sounds like your backtracking.

I know what you're saying but it's only an option! No-one's forcing you to kick!

yeah but you're much better off kicking since 5 kicks can kill someone without even the winner using his/her saber.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

'They' is 'he' and there were no signs that it was a joke, no smilies and you simply say stop complaining.... to me it sounds like your backtracking.

No, "they" is all of you that responded. No one actually understood the purpose and satire of my comment, but it's alright, you don't have to get it.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

yeah but you're much better off kicking since 5 kicks can kill someone without even the winner using his/her saber.

Dude, you don't have to convince me! ;) I'm all up for kicking someone to death! :p

but it's alright, you don't have to get it.

That's alright then, because we don't. ;)

Now can we stop bickering and get back to talking about how great it is to kick someone to death? :D

In a game that is. In a game...

B.

Archived