Home

Official "My first Impressions"-Thread

Com Raven

A month ago if you'd told me i would play an rpg game and get so into it i would play it twice and still want more i would have said no chance, however thats exactly what i've done with kotor over the last couple of weeks its started off by getting me hooked on the gameplay and then when my character holds their very first lightsabre i was addicted from that moment

is there such a thing as kotor anonymous

My Name is Aleggy and i'm addicted to kotor

• 7 months later...

I can;t get enough of this game. I just got it recently and I am kicking myself for not trying it sooner. I am about half way through and already excited about how I am going to do things differently the second and third time through. I have no had this much fun in a game in a very very long time. I hope they continue this series well past #2.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is absolutely cool. but now im havin sooo many probs that id give MY KotOR a 0.1. a normal one earns a 9.5 in my book.oh and Darth Fufu, im gonna assume that the "WWJD" in ur sign. stands for : "What Would Jesus Do?"

(50 more days till Revenge of the Sith :saberr::saberb: )

• 3 months later...

This game is incredible. I am still on Dantooine. This planet looks awesome. The voice acting is first class. As are the visuals. Those cutscenes with Darth Malak and Saul are some of my favorites.

The music. It is, in a word, outstanding. :spin:

I just can´t get enough of it! That bad thing is I have to wait until the weekends to play it. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

i love this game its a lot of fun and its never really the same second time through but the thing i find when i play games the comp normly takes one look at me then runs the other way or the bad guy farts havent been farted at as of yet .but the villan still runs off or doesent attack .today i had rackgols and we all know how they are they were so scared they diddnet even bother attacking .other then that its a lot of fun or the other two party members run off to battle something easier while im off fighting with 10 or 12 mandalorians .even the darn sith runs like my nick name might be canderous in combat and the comp probley knows it ends up dead other then the computer nicking off or running away were it just ends up dead later on .and plus i dont really need to worry about granades going off close by all my badies run of screaming. its all close combat for me even bendik starkiller isent stupid enough to go agaist me. but i guess no one have really had the villan fart at them .thats why i probley injoy the game the comp does not fart at me or the dead people fart but other then the comp not attacking or too scared and dont even have to worry about the dark jedi they run off

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD

that seems to happen alot in the game it doesent attack it rather run off but other then a extremmly WIMPY comp in all the games i play it all ways runs off and even in real life combat the bad guy takes one look and then runs off i even had tanks do that take one look at me then run off. id love it if wasent for the rather wimpy computer too scared to fight the cutsence is fantastic and the voices are great and what is it with garth he's just bonkers you know what i mean well this message is probley long enough so ill add one last thing its a great game

• 2 months later...

I got the game actually about maybe three weeks ago and am saving up for TSL (I only need seven dollars! :p)

It was so addicting that instead of doing stuff like t.v. or chatting or hanging out with friends, KOTOR basically cancelled my social life for the past two or three weeks. ANd when I get TSL that's a couple more weeks!

I beat the game in about five days using cheats and a walkthrough guide. I absolutely hate Taris, so now whenever I restart to play the game through without cheats, I just play taris with cheats and use the KSE (Save game editor) to not let me die (make "Min1XP = 1" or something) so that invulnerability doesn't mess me up later on in the game. :D

Then I disable the cheats for the other planets. My second to least favorite is Manaan. I don't like the slow suit that you have to wear underwater (any hack to not make you use that would be nice... then you can use weapons and stuff! :)). And it's just a long level and the entire murder mystery quest gives you less experience than killing one of the sith bad guys lol.

But other than Taris and Manaan it was a great game! The modifications enhance the level of fun. :D

-Yaggles

• 4 months later...

I first got KoTOR a lil after it came out, MY grandma got me an Xbox, and the first two games I got were Halo and KoTOR, my friend had gotten it before me. and except for the incredible brightness of tatooine on his TV, it was so fun. I remember I supported the double-bladed saber, and stole Bastila's the moment I could.

My friend likes single bladed. But he changed his mind after he found out the incredible pwnge 2 blades do.

I remember, at the star forge I had 2 10-32 +40 attack weapons. Hahahahaha! I never missed. Once.

• 2 months later...

This is my first time posting in this area of the forums...well, here goes nothing.

I just rented KOTOR yesterday and I really am enjoying it. I've been playing all day and have already started looking for the 4 Star Maps. I'm having a little trouble though, considering I'm a noob at this. I've already read the spoilers and know what the endings will be, and I'm considering a light side path. I mean, Carth is some video game seckseeness if i've ever seen any. I'll probably keep playing it, but I probably won't finish, considering it's due in a week and I have school to deal with.

• 8 months later...

i played the first kotor and beat it a LONG time ago, but i still remember my first impressions. i'm not the world's biggest rpg fan. actually quite the opposite, partly due to ADD (HA! i can really blame it for something), if it's not fast and doesn't kill you if you step around the wrong corner in five seconds (Counter-Strike, the Battlefield franchise NOT THE FRIGGIN CONSOLE CRAP! the pc versions!, HALO, Tribes 2, JK 2 multiplayer) then I don't even wanna touch it, but this game... it's crazy. i went ahead and let my bro play it first because he's the one that rented it, and when i saw the fighting structure, the customizability, the unbelievably well written story lines. I HAD TO HAVE IT! it's still to this day the only rpg i play (both KOTOR's). i haven't even touched jade empire because a) i'm a SW nut b) i can't let another video game ruin my social life like BF2142, ETQW, and the KOTOR's have. i will probably get it eventually.

• 5 months later...

I decided to start my navigation through the forum here, and this is my first post. I played and completed KOTOR I back in August of last year, and was completely hooked from my first minute into the game until the last. I'm not an avid gamer, so this was a major time investment for me. I also am married with 2 little ones, work full time, and I'm getting my MBA full time as well, so it's difficult to find time to squeeze in for video games... but man this was well worth it.

I believe the story line is as good as, if not better than, the movies. It really is awesome. And I informed my wife that she has some competition with Bastila.

I'm about to start KOTOR II/TSL this weekend. I know there's been a long gap, but I finally will have some time to dedicate while I am out of town on a business trip. I hope to dedicate a good 40-50 hours to the game while I'm there, and potentially complete it during the trip. I am seriously so pumped!

Haven't played K2 yet, eh? Do me a favor--don't judge it until you've played it at least twice.

As for my first reaction...

Don't remember the first time I played K1. Seriously, I don't. But I remember being amazed by the start of K2, and disappointed by its ending, and then thoroughly confused for a bit, until about a year or two later when I tried to piece together all the cut content and such. Still haven't figured out everything, of course, but I'm getting there.

• 2 weeks later...
Do me a favor--don't judge it until you've played it at least twice.

So true, there are so many possibilities and different combinations depending on which path you take, and what gender you are in the game.

• 2 years later...

Just got KOTOR (finally...), first impressions are...

"Character models are FUGLY. I wonder if I can find some good mods to fix that... Just having more than eight or nine faces to choose from for starters would go a looooong way..."

"Character models are FUGLY.

It's 7 years old, cut it some slack.

I wonder if I can find some good mods to fix that... Just having more than eight or nine faces to choose from for starters would go a looooong way..."
No worries about this, though. There are several, and I mean it, mods that add more characters to choose from (including aliens).

• 4 weeks later...

I fell in love with it the first time I played through, really. The love has magnified over the years, with the help of fanfiction, fanart, and of course the wonderful mods people have made, but it was finally a game that said "you're a Jedi, these are your companions, this is what you have to do, find a way to do it. Have fun."

TSL has grown on me a bit more (I disliked it a lot when I first went through), playing as a female my second time around really helped, but the first game was just one of those that got me within the first moments of gameplay.

• 1 year later...

Archived